HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Offseason Thread III (Now with Bonus Offseason!)

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
So where is he going to play? ECHL? Slide?

Old
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
It's Anisimov. I feel bad for Columbus fans.
You'd think by now Columbus would have learned their lesson when it comes to Russians.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
So where is he going to play? ECHL? Slide?
Slide ... he's only 19. In fact, I don't think it would be out of the question for him to return as an overager to the Q next season.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Slide ... he's only 19. In fact, I don't think it would be out of the question for him to return as an overager to the Q next season.
Well then I am not shocked at all we signed a 19 y/o goalie. Means we can continue drafting solid players.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
BigG44

This is in French, but the English translation is on screen:

Old
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Plays in the Q. They don't do defense in the Q.
yeah I know and I didnt really look into it much but I gotta believe that even in a league where no d is played a 87% save rate is not good.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
yeah I know and I didnt really look into it much but I gotta believe that even in a league where no d is played a 87% save rate is not good.
His team's statline also looks like complete ass with about half the team being -20 or lower.

Old
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Primetimey*

vCash: 160
Why does everyone think Columbus got hosed in that trade? I'm confused reading comments on the main forum and here. I don't think it was that bad of a deal. Nash is highly overrated in my eyes.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:00 PM
txomisc

I really dont think CLB got that bad of a deal here. You had to trade Nash and he had all the power as to where he went. They got 4 fairly nice assets for the guy that they can use or flip elsewhere. I guess I just dont think Nash is really that great.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:05 PM
BigG44

Already some mention of flipping Erixon for another forward.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:06 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Why does everyone think Columbus got hosed in that trade? I'm confused reading comments on the main forum and here. I don't think it was that bad of a deal. Nash is highly overrated in my eyes.
I agree although I do admit theres some risk here

Anisimov - CLB doesnt exactly have a great record with russians and he hasnt lived up to his potential yet

1st round pick - likely in the 20s but its a fairly solid draft

dubinsky - had a horrible year and if he doesnt rebound his contract is a big waste

Tim Erixon - I think is actually the most valuable piece here. Could be a good first pairing dman. The problem is he squirmed his way out of calgary and it seemed like maybe he only wanted to play for the Rangers. Does he stick around to play for CLB or go back to Sweden?

Old
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Already some mention of flipping Erixon for another forward.
I don't really think we have the piece they'd be looking for but I'd be happy if we found a way to get in on that. Calgary situation aside I think Erixon is a great asset that can step in right now. I'd rank him right up there with our top prospects.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't really think we have the piece they'd be looking for but I'd be happy if we found a way to get in on that. Calgary situation aside I think Erixon is a great asset that can step in right now. I'd rank him right up there with our top prospects.
Glennie for Erixon?

07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Tim Erixon - I think is actually the most valuable piece here. Could be a good first pairing dman. The problem is he squirmed his way out of calgary and it seemed like maybe he only wanted to play for the Rangers. Does he stick around to play for CLB or go back to Sweden?
I'm sure he did his due dilig-- wait, never mind it's Scott Howson.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Glennie for Erixon?
Reunite him with Calvert. I'd add a 2nd and more, easy.

Nash is pretty underrated tbh. His stats are pretty much all on his own, he hasn't had anyone to help him at all. Daley said (at the camp I was at) he was easily the toughest player in the league to go 1 on 1 against, and I think with a center like Richards he could just explode offensively.

Howson is a terrible GM, still. This trade isn't terrible, but it's not good for them either. Dubinsky is a 2B/3A center, Anismov is an underachieving 2nd line center, Erixon is probably the best piece in the deal, and the 1st will likely be very low.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Reunite him with Calvert. I'd add a 2nd and more, easy.

Nash is pretty underrated tbh. His stats are pretty much all on his own, he hasn't had anyone to help him at all. Daley said (at the camp I was at) he was easily the toughest player in the league to go 1 on 1 against, and I think with a center like Richards he could just explode offensively.

Howson is a terrible GM, still. This trade isn't terrible, but it's not good for them either. Dubinsky is a 2B/3A center, Anismov is an underachieving 2nd line center, Erixon is probably the best piece in the deal, and the 1st will likely be very low.
Maybe they could trade Glennie and a 2nd for Erixon and then trade Robidas for a 2nd elsewhere. Get both Erixon and Dillon in the lineup next year and still have plenty of draft picks.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
FrailSwan

Off topic, but Rome must have got the message. Number changed to 27 instead of 29.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
BigG44

Wow ... I didn't catch that Lagace was 1 of only 3 goalies selected for the Canada-Russia challenge this summer. This challenge is replacing Canada's U-20 camp for the WJC. He's pretty high on Canada's list at this point. That's pretty impressive.

Lagace's biggest competition will probably be Subban (a late '93 birth). This is Subban and Lagace's last change to represent Canada at the WJC.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Captain Awesome

Anybody else at prospect camp look particularly interesting enough to sign? I'm thinking Joe doesn't like the idea of wasting anymore picks on goalies for the next few years, which makes the Campbell pick feel more and more silly.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
I'm thinking Joe doesn't like the idea of wasting anymore picks on goalies for the next few years, which makes the Campbell pick feel more and more silly.
I think it makes perfect sense. They invested some high draft picks on Bachman, Besko, and Campbell. No sense in further using high draft picks on Goalies when we already have top end guys in the system. At the same time you need to keep staggering development, so why not sign some low-risk high-reward prospects?

Old
07-23-2012, 08:11 PM
wingmanpei

Lagace plays for our junior team and I wouldn't be reading too much into his numbers, he has played behind some bad teams where on many nights he was the lone bright spot in the game for his team. Many nights he kept his team in the game when they had no business of even being in the same building because of the way they played in front of him.

A reason why he wasn't drafted as an 18 year was because his junior team had a 20 yr old starter where Max didn't get many starts and because of that I don't think scouts got enough of a look at him, but when he did play you could tell he was going to be a good goalie.

I'm not sure how many or what goalies you guys have in your system (besides Campbell) or if there will be any kind of numbers game when he is a 20 yr old but if he continues progressing like he has the last couple of years he should be ready to be a pro player at 20.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:22 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
Lagace plays for our junior team and I wouldn't be reading too much into his numbers, he has played behind some bad teams where on many nights he was the lone bright spot in the game for his team. Many nights he kept his team in the game when they had no business of even being in the same building because of the way they played in front of him.

A reason why he wasn't drafted as an 18 year was because his junior team had a 20 yr old starter where Max didn't get many starts and because of that I don't think scouts got enough of a look at him, but when he did play you could tell he was going to be a good goalie.

I'm not sure how many or what goalies you guys have in your system (besides Campbell) or if there will be any kind of numbers game when he is a 20 yr old but if he continues progressing like he has the last couple of years he should be ready to be a pro player at 20.
Thanks for the info.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
Off topic, but Rome must have got the message. Number changed to 27 instead of 29.
oh good

this upcoming season's scapegoat on the back end has selected the very same number as last season's scapegoat on the back end. That'll make it easier for casual fans to follow along.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:21 AM
hairylikebear
RIP HFStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
oh good

this upcoming season's scapegoat on the back end has selected the very same number as last season's scapegoat on the back end. That'll make it easier for casual fans to follow along.
It made the Woywitka -> Souray transition a lot easier.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:39 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
It's actually pretty complicated.

The only goalies under contract next season at this moment are Campbell and Lagace.

Kari Lehtonen and Christopher Nihlstorp will be UFAs, and Richard Bachman and Tyler Beskorowany will be RFAs. In addition, Dallas also has Josh Robinson who is an UFA eligible for an ELC. He's not technically a Dallas prospect, but that's how Dallas presented him on the official website recently. Henri Kiviaho is a recent draft pick, but he's a few years from coming to NA so he's not relevant for a discussion about next season.

If I had to guess, Lehtonen, Nihlstorp, and Bachman will be in the NHL or out of the organization. Campbell is probably a lock for another year in the AHL.

The way Lagace fits in is with Beskorowany and Robinson. Beskorowany and Robinson are going to be in direct competition in the ECHL next season. The better of the two probably earns a contract (an extension for Besko or an actual NHL, two-way deal for Robinson) to backup Campbell in Texas. The loser of that competition has the potential to return to the ECHL, but if Lagace proves ready, then the loser of that competition could end up out of the organization.

Closed Thread