HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Give Gomez one last chance?

View Poll Results: Give Gomez One Last Chance?
Yes 86 31.62%
No 186 68.38%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Chris G

vCash: 500
From what I have witnessed this past season on anti-chambre, is that Thierrien is not a fan of Gomez and the way he goes about his business on and off the ice. Furthermore, Molson can not stand to have a similar fiasco on hand which was the "Gomez Project". (Trying him on every line to try to get him going.) And the result was nothing was working.

The guy has all the skill and playmaking ability in the world, we've seen glimpses of it, but its the attitude and work ethic that are of his demise.

Just a hunch but from what I've seen this season his leash will be quite a bit shorter. I think they will have to take precautions right out of the gate if he's still the same old Gomez. If Gomez continues not to produce or show up for practices like last year then it will be another headache on Molson to endure, and the radical fans will start comparing Bergevin to Gauthier.

I honestly don't think Gomez has a place in this lineup or in Hamilton, but you have to give him a shot in training camp if his attitude has been adjusted along with his work ethic, but if it's not...**** him...I heard Syria has a good hockey program

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Gomez has:

- character
- is a good team guy
- accountable
- has a guaranteed contract

And you wrongfully vilified him for all four of the above.

- You need to be quite a character to cash in the cheque we give him and still smile all the time like some bumb nutjob.

- he HAS to be a "good team guy" i mean at 7 million a year and what... 2 goals a year? The guy HAS to be good at something.

- accountable for what?? All the hat tricks he scored last season when he should have passed the puck to a teammate?

- Gainey went and got him with that contract... what a glorious hockey mind he is.

And we still dont vilify him enough!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Habster33
In Habs we trust!

delete

Last edited by Habster33: 07-21-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Habster33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:19 AM
shamrun

If he stays with the club he has to earn his ice time. No more gimmes to gomez. I'd rather have eller get more ice time as a center than him. The only chance he should get is wearing the jersey at practice. From there his "hardwork" should give him his opportunity.

Last edited by shamrun: 07-21-2012 at 10:46 AM.
shamrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:31 AM
NLHabsFan

The last two years have been terrible for him, and the media and rabid fan base Montreal has, hav really made him a distraction to the team. I don't think there should be another chance for him but I don't see what else happens at the start of the year. Is the team hoping for an amnesty buyout with the new CBA? I don't think anyone trades for him. Plus, I'm not sure if they are willing to bury him in the minors. Could be a while before this saga plays out unfortunately.

NLHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote