HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stephane Da Costa

Old
07-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Played tired towards the end of the season best sums up my view, otherwise if he's conditioned and taking this seriously he might have a great season in Bingo..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:53 PM
sexytime

I never liked this guy for some reason.

sexytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck

vCash: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime View Post
I never liked this guy for some reason.
Well, I've always liked this guy for some reason.

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:33 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Da Costa has always been my favorite prospect. I remember I made a post about him a year ago comparing his amazing offensive stats and progression to the likes of JVR, Oshie and Toews. He had better PPG than 2 of those guys. I don't know if anyone still remembers, but I'll find it.

Anyway, last year, he started off very strong but you can tell the supporting cast underwhelmed his performance towards the end and he tried doing too much, along with Petersson and Hoffman.

He has unbelievable vision, passing, shot(very underrated), strength and puck-handling. He just needs to polish his game a bit more and he could be an outstanding player for us. His reach and excellent defensive composure make him very interesting moving forward.

I think the abundance of skilled forwards going to Bingo next year will show DaCosta's real upside. One thing that's left me to be desired is his conditioning which is huge in the new NHL's system. Can he handle the rugged 82 game-system and aggression in the playoffs?

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:30 AM
duli12345

Da Costa looked VERY good in the opening games of this past regular season, as in a player who will develop into an elite offensive top 6.

His confidence handling the puck through the neutral zone in those games made you think he was an up and coming star

duli12345 is offline   Reply With Quote