HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Stars Top 20 Prospects

Old
07-09-2012, 03:36 PM
RedWingsLegacy

vCash: 500
Stars Top 20 Prospects

I never actually keep track of these lists like others do to know who moves up and down and traded etc but here is my top 20.

1. Sven Baertschi

Hands down my best prospect over 2ppg clip in the WHL and produced 3 goals in a mini sample at the NHL level he looks to be a legitimate top line scorer with speed and skill galore i expect him to challenge for a spot on a CGY squad that needs scoring desperately.

2 Radek Faksa

Size and skill put up solid points in his first OHL season plays a North American style game projects to be a Power Forward in the NHL. First to sign an NHL contract could push to make opening night roster but may return to Kitchener for more development.

3.Calvin de Haan

The Injury prone D man has all the skill set to become a top 4 puck moving defender once he bulks up. I expect he will push for a spot on the isles blue-line next season

4.Jonathon Blum

With Suter, Boulion gone Blum should finally emerge as a top 4 puck moving defense-men passed in the depth chart by Ellis but with rumours Ellis may be moved to forward due to his size i may not need to panic.

5 Cameron Gaunce

Another puck moving Dman who had a cup of coffee in the NHL issues with skating may hold him back but looks like a solid top 4 if he can overcome that issue.

6. Tim Bozon

Got the skill set to be a top six winger in the future nothing overly amazing but solid all around skill set. Will most likely be back in junior next season.

7 Greg Nemisz

Most likely a 3rd line power forward/ energy player made big strides in his second pro season. Could push for a bottom 6 role in CGY next season.

8 Damon Severson

Comes from a great defense factory doesnt do anything overly flashy but is a solid two way defense men who could sneek into a top 4 role.

9. Kevin Sundher

Will go pro this season another guy who plays a two way game likely will be a bottom 6 forward with the outside shot at 2nd line duty if the offense transitions nicely.

10 Zach Stepan

The scouts look at him and see his cousin with more size and a harder shot if he can be anything like him id be more than pleased with this pick.

11 Chet Pickard

With Anders Lindback out of NSH the log jam for G is opened up a little bit. Could finally show his skill set in the AHL after playing last 2 seasons in the ECHL honing his craft.

12 Matthew Bartkowski

Few cups of coffee in the NHL has played strong at the AHL level could be on the NHL squad within the next year or 2 projects as a top 4 defender

13 Alex Plante

Ah how the stock is falling on Plante with Schultz signing in EDM he falls deeper down the depth charts. Still has some upside and hasnt played horribly but seems to have been passed over by EDM and im not sure why.

14 Ryan Bourque

Offense didnt translate in the AHL but got stronger as the year went on and had 4 points in 9GP in the playoffs. Look for him to season in the pro potential top 6 forward if he can get the offense going. Other wise bottom 6 is more projected.

15 Cody Corbett

This guy is a project defense men his conditioning is questioned but after coming into the WHL he amassed 26points in 54 games he showed he has the skill to be a top 4 dman but the disappearing act left some to wonder his conditioning level

16 Andrei Makarov

Improved his stats and was an absolute animal for the Russians and was overshadowed by Vasilevski once again passed up in the NHL leaving me scratching my head but no need to panic just yet.

17 Allen York

Kid spent the year up and down in ECHL AHL and NHL. His numbers were actually strongest in the NHL as he played very strong on a very weak CBJ team with Mason and now Bobrovsky in CBJ system i expect York will be the AHL starter next season.

18 Keith Kinkaid

As it stands right now is the closet goalie development wise to backing up Broduer solid rookie numbers in the AHL could see back up duty in the NHL soon? Most likely projects to be a back up in the NHL.

19 Tyler Shattock

Bottom 6 winger finished his second season in the AHL with similar stats can play anywhere in the forward ranks

20 Anthony Luciani

Depth added to the FLA each day still could fill out a bottom 6 role in the AHL level next season few years away from NHL duty.

RedWingsLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote