HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Hey phone nerds, I'm on Verizon and can't decide what to get. I'm replacing my HTC Incredible, and I really liked it. So I'm leaning toward the Rezound. But I'm also considering the Galaxy and the Razr.

Thoughts? I'm not really wowed by any of the Verizon choices and even though I hate everything about Apple, I'd consider an iPhone.
The iPhone is a very good phone, but I've read/heard that the Razr Maxx is better. That would also be an easier transition for you from the Incredible.

I've had a iPhone for years, and when I try to use my fiancee's Droid, I feel like an 85 year old trying to send an e-mail--I have no idea what to do. There's a very different feel to the interfaces.

Old
08-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Carlzner

iPhone is the best in my opinion.

It may not be as flashy as some of those other ones, but it's a lot simpler, more user friendly, and has a lot of features.

Old
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
The iPhone is just really well made and very polished. I don't think it's "simpler" as much as it's more streamlined. Some of those other phones just look like these ridiculous, clunky things.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:23 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 50
I was anti apple and caved. Go iphone for the smaller size unless you are half blind. Its laughable watching friends try to take those competitors bricks out of their pockets. Iphone does have text re-sizing options, however.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:25 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Does the 4S still have the (slightly) slower connection vs. the other, full-LTE options? Might not make a difference especially if you try to manage your data usage but, then again, it might.

The various Android phones will probably have a higher screen resolution and maybe more powerful camera/cameras, but the iPhone will probably have a better quality screen (well, maybe not better than the Galaxy, although personally I think the pattern on those types of screens is strange) and almost certainly have the best camera optics. Again, might be marginal stuff, might not.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

The 4S does not support 4g and that might be a dealbreaker for me, especially since I live in a place with pretty great 4g coverage.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:50 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Hey phone nerds, I'm on Verizon and can't decide what to get. I'm replacing my HTC Incredible, and I really liked it. So I'm leaning toward the Rezound. But I'm also considering the Galaxy and the Razr.

Thoughts? I'm not really wowed by any of the Verizon choices and even though I hate everything about Apple, I'd consider an iPhone.
Razr Maxx would be a good choice because of the battery. Still loving the Galaxy Nexus I have. If the SIII is on verizon worth a check out though not a fan of touch wiz. ICS is just awesome.

08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I was anti apple and caved. Go iphone for the smaller size unless you are half blind. Its laughable watching friends try to take those competitors bricks out of their pockets. Iphone does have text re-sizing options, however.
IMO iphone is just way to small a screen but depending on the usage guess it could work for some. I still user my OG Droid as a media streamer/clock at home and man that 3.7 sized screen is just way too small for me.

I've playfully taken to calling the iphone the 'baby phone' when I see friends whipping it out. Size matters.. .

Old
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
I have an Iphone 4 threw work and I love it (my boss got a bunch of 4's cheap when the 4S's came out). I had blackberries and droids before that. I can't imagine having anything but an Iphone going forward. It does everything I need.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Its Verizon, so just go with the Nexus...

Specs wise the only phone that truly beats it on Verizon I believe is the S3, which is also another good choice...

Though knowing there is Jelly Bean out there, I must have it. 90% of the problems these phone makers have with bringing updates out is the carriers decided they needed to be involved in the process and Verizon is the worse at it.

The G Nex is way better than an iPhone with drops, I don't use a case, and I have a tendency to put the phone on dish towels in the kitchen and the wife has a tendency to pick those up and drop my phone on the ground. Screw some stupid ass design that requires a case to be used.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

I have the nexus 7 tablet and must admit JB's features are pretty cool. Agreed about verizon they are the worst when it comes to updates to phones. Having Google Now on the Gnex would be nice.

Old
08-09-2012, 01:41 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
I have the nexus 7 tablet and must admit JB's features are pretty cool. Agreed about verizon they are the worst when it comes to updates to phones. Having Google Now on the Gnex would be nice.
I thought Google Now would be sick, but its still talking to your phone.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:07 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
IMO iphone is just way to small a screen but depending on the usage guess it could work for some. I still user my OG Droid as a media streamer/clock at home and man that 3.7 sized screen is just way too small for me.

I've playfully taken to calling the iphone the 'baby phone' when I see friends whipping it out. Size matters.. .
Too small for what exactly? I really don't want the iphone any bigger although it seems like the upcoming model may well be getting an screen bump. Size does matter, you're right....smaller it is in my pocket the better.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's not just Verizon...it's all Droids....I read an article recently that talked about how outdated most droid based phones are....and how quickly it happens....

Love em or hate em, all iphone users get the latest and greatest with each update (assuming you're not on a really old model that just won't support the new feature).

Old
08-09-2012, 02:25 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

I just chose between the S3 and the Razr Maxx...the S3 felt like a mini-tablet...so went Razr Maxx

08-09-2012, 02:31 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Too small for what exactly? I really don't want the iphone any bigger although it seems like the upcoming model may well be getting an screen bump. Size does matter, you're right....smaller it is in my pocket the better.
Web browsing for me typically from twitter. Have no problems with the gnex in the back pocket. With the stock battery it is very light. Even with the mega battery I have on mostly still no big deal.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Ahh...I haven't carried anything in a back pocket since 1989 when I discovered the $$ clip. Can't imagine always having to move it to sit down.

I'm ok with a small screen size increase, but the ceiling for that isn't much higher before you're getting into mini-tablet territory.

Old
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's not just Verizon...it's all Droids....I read an article recently that talked about how outdated most droid based phones are....and how quickly it happens....

Love em or hate em, all iphone users get the latest and greatest with each update (assuming you're not on a really old model that just won't support the new feature).
Oh early on hell yeah android was getting updated fast and furious. Slowed down a lot. ICS is pretty much the big plateau atm. JB just adds a few more things but same look and feel of ICS.

Well when you have a bunch of different hardware manufacturers who release multiple handsets at a time, while great as a consumer to have options, does impact how often they get updated. HTC even admitted that hurt them and now they are release fewer models.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh early on hell yeah android was getting updated fast and furious. Slowed down a lot. ICS is pretty much the big plateau atm. JB just adds a few more things but same look and feel of ICS.

Well when you have a bunch of different hardware manufacturers who release multiple handsets at a time, while great as a consumer to have options, does impact how often they get updated. HTC even admitted that hurt them and now they are release fewer models.
I can't speak to "early on", only the stats I read which show a ginormous lag in os updates for most droids, if they ever get the update at all.

It's certainly an issue with so many hardware vendors.

Old
08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:

Verizon phones are outdated because they have locked bootloaders. 2 year old Galaxy S phones all have stable builds of JB, even the Verizon one, because it doesn't have a locked bootloader.

Either way, Verizon and Sprints iPhones are always behind the GSM ones.

Old
08-09-2012, 06:37 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

http://gizmodo.com/5933021/guy-gets-...ium=socialflow

Quote:
Cops confiscated the gun and got it the hell out of there, so things turned out okay—but what if this weapon, described by Sig Sauer as "the rifle of choice when you require the power of a larger caliber carbine," had been mailed to a kid? Or, you know, a criminal? It's easy enough to buy a gun online—now they're just showing up at your door for no reason.
These gun grabbers I swear. I'm worried that this guy lives on his own, he buys a 39 inch tv, he gets a package clearly that cannot fit a TV and instead of seeing its the wrong damn address by a long shot, open the box and call the Brady campaign.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Grilled some Cal Ripken burgers today. Pleasantly surprised

Old
08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Wallet goes back right, phone goes back left, and I never move it to sit down.

Old
08-09-2012, 09:56 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
I just chose between the S3 and the Razr Maxx...the S3 felt like a mini-tablet...so went Razr Maxx
I've read a lot of complaints about battery life with the Razr. Have you had any issues there?

Old
08-09-2012, 10:22 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
I've read a lot of complaints about battery life with the Razr. Have you had any issues there?
Compared to the thunderbolt (my previous phone), it's a battery superstar.

Anecdotally, it seems to do much better battery-wise on wifi then on 4g, but I have no idea if that's actually true or just what appears to be the case to me. Anywhere I have the wifi, it seems to go hours without losing much, but if I'm out and about it seems to drain more quickly.

Closed Thread