HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 04:05 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888

Old
09-03-2012, 06:28 PM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Up to episode 12 of Season 4 of The Wire. Went through 11 episodes between now and last night. Can't stop watching it. Season 4 is the best, so far.

Old
09-04-2012, 03:10 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Welcome to 2006.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
Old
09-04-2012, 06:35 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

KHL season opener on right now. Onhockey.ru

Old
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Welcome to 2006.
Yeah a tad behind, but the nice thing is HBO GO has all the seasons listed and I can just burn through them at my own pace. It is a tad funny, and sad at the same time, to see Baltimore and MD portrayed the way it is in The Wire. Doesn't surprise me though.

Guess I might get caught up with Boardwalk Empire next, or maybe Game of Thrones because I hear there is a lot of nice nudity in it. No dice for True Blood though. Not a Vampire fan.

Old
09-04-2012, 01:08 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

BWE or GOTS....can't go wrong with either.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:14 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Yeah a tad behind, but the nice thing is HBO GO has all the seasons listed and I can just burn through them at my own pace. It is a tad funny, and sad at the same time, to see Baltimore and MD portrayed the way it is in The Wire. Doesn't surprise me though.

Guess I might get caught up with Boardwalk Empire next, or maybe Game of Thrones because I hear there is a lot of nice nudity in it. No dice for True Blood though. Not a Vampire fan.
Might as well follow up The Wire with Treme.

Old
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:

Watch Homeland. Or if you are looking for tons of nudity don't, because Homeland is great and it doesn't need to rely on gratuitous nudity.

But seriously, watch Homeland, 2nd season starts Sept 30th. Its an amazing show.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:08 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Not a fan of Treme AT ALL. Much much better TV on right now....

Old
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
WetHog

Not sure Treme is for me. Watched it when it first started and really didn't get the swing of it. John Goodman is clutch though, but Bunk is not much of a trombone player. Might give it another shot.

Generation Kill gets a recommendation from me. 7 part mini series about a scout/recon unit in Iraq. Ziggy from The Wire is in it. Hilarious role for that guy.

Californication is probably my favorite cable series. Need to check when showtime does another free trial so I can get caught up.

And nudity is not a requirement for me, just the only reason why I would give a show like Game of Thrones a try. Even then I probably won't watch it. Just like Vampires, not a big hobbit/witchcraft fan. Never saw any of the Lord of the Rings and don't plan to.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:04 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Not sure Treme is for me. Watched it when it first started and really didn't get the swing of it. John Goodman is clutch though, but Bunk is not much of a trombone player. Might give it another shot.

Generation Kill gets a recommendation from me. 7 part mini series about a scout/recon unit in Iraq. Ziggy from The Wire is in it. Hilarious role for that guy.

Californication is probably my favorite cable series. Need to check when showtime does another free trial so I can get caught up.

And nudity is not a requirement for me, just the only reason why I would give a show like Game of Thrones a try. Even then I probably won't watch it. Just like Vampires, not a big hobbit/witchcraft fan. Never saw any of the Lord of the Rings and don't plan to.
Well GoT is not high fantasy but low fantasy and honestly the magic is sort of a side bar. Much more a political intrigue for several noble houses as well as the non-black/non-white good vs. evil really separates it from the Lotr-fantasies that has been more common. It is also awesome to completely despise a character as a bad guy and then later in the books, where this character gets chapters from their PoV and start to come around to the character..understanding and seeing things from the PoV without an gimmicks.

I've kept up with Treme but it is pretty ok, imho. True Blood is simply pulp entertainment and doesn't take itself seriously. If you go into that knowing that it is entertaining.

I'm really lliking S2 of Hell on Wheels and Copper on BBCA is surprising me but admit a little bias considering Gangs of New York is one of my more favorite movies. Definitely captured that rampant corruption and just how cheap human life is in the five points.

Pilot episode for Revolution is up on the NBC site.
http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378

Last edited by usiel: 09-04-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: sp
Old
09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Wow just found out Awake was cancelled. FML that show was awesome.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:31 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Wow just found out Awake was cancelled. FML that show was awesome.
I've actually DVRd the show and have gradually made the way through...definite quality but should not have been a network..feels like it could have stood out more on a cable channels however that tends to be one channel with not much room...AMC. Also might be said it could have made a better mini series like 6 hours rather than a serialized drama.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:23 AM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Pilot episode for Revolution is up on the NBC site.
Watched it on Hulu. It was ok, but it could be one of those shows that just ends up annoying you. It's got the 'mysterious pretty boy' character that you hope gets killed off (but won't) the mysterious woman, the nerd, .....etc.

It also looks like more than 15 years have passed........(Wrigley Field)

Last edited by Cush: 09-05-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Well GoT is not high fantasy but low fantasy and honestly the magic is sort of a side bar. Much more a political intrigue for several noble houses as well as the non-black/non-white good vs. evil really separates it from the Lotr-fantasies that has been more common. It is also awesome to completely despise a character as a bad guy and then later in the books, where this character gets chapters from their PoV and start to come around to the character..understanding and seeing things from the PoV without an gimmicks.
Well I am down with political intrigue, and nudity is always a plus, so you convinced me to give it a try, once I am done with The Wire.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

The best way I've come up with to describe GoT in one sentence is that it's "a mob/gang show set in a medieval fantasy environment."

Old
09-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
The best way I've come up with to describe GoT in one sentence is that it's "a mob/gang show set in a medieval fantasy environment."
Plus it is full of characters with few if any redeemable qualities. Even the noble 'good' guys behave moronically for much of the time. Arya is about the only character who I don't dislike and she is a child.

It bums me out that I am invested in that show and now have to see it out...

Old
09-07-2012, 11:06 PM
WetHog

5 episodes into Season 5 of The Wire. Was hoping McNulty would see the light, now it seems like he has completely lost it. That, and I thought my boy Omar was a gonner for sure until he sprouted wings and took flight.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Cush
-inator

Old
09-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Devil Dancer

Nice find Cush, that's a gem.

Old
09-09-2012, 11:01 AM
WetHog

Yeah a co-worker of mine showed me that Clayton commerical a couple days ago. Hilarious stuff.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:00 AM
WetHog

Got 1 more episode of The Wire to go and I am not liking how things are going to end. McNulty going to get locked up and, most disappointing, Omar getting shot dead by a punk little kid. Not sure I want to watch the last episode.

Old
09-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Devil Dancer

Let us know what you think after you watch it. For the record, I liked it.

Old
09-12-2012, 03:07 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Apple announces 4 inch device. After first complaining that's much too big, but now its alright because Android high end is up to 4.7 inch.

Its funny because women are pretty much all I see using Galaxy Notes. My wife uses one and picked it because of the screen size.

Old
09-12-2012, 05:43 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Apple announces 4 inch device. After first complaining that's much too big, but now its alright because Android high end is up to 4.7 inch.

Its funny because women are pretty much all I see using Galaxy Notes. My wife uses one and picked it because of the screen size.
Size matters...always .

Closed Thread