HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise: The Great Indecision (part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Zach Parise: The Great Indecision (part 6)

And on to part 6

Old
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Strickland
I'm not suggesting Parise is lying, but multiple players who know him very well made it clear he's made a decision #NHL
So if that's true, we're obviously talking Minnesota here.

If Suter announces he's flying to Minnesota to visit Paisley Park, we'll know we're being Lebronned.

Old
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

vCash: 500
i'm really nervous about this whole situation, but with the Salvador signing i think its safe to say Parise isn't going back to NJ

Old
HTT3*

No news or rumors?

Old
Durbo20vT

all this was for stalling for NJD imo

Old
07-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
So if that's true, we're obviously talking Minnesota here.
He was waiting for Erik Johnson to sign in Colorado.
Now he and Suter can announce that Colorado will be the "Olympic team America main site", as they sign there, too.

(Johnson is reportedly on his way to Minnesota right now -- no joke)

Old
07-03-2012, 01:34 PM
cutfast

Ziggy Stardust:
Wouldn't one think that several players who know him well would be those on the Devils? Using this type of logic, you could safely assume he's re-signed with the Devils.

My reply to that is, perhaps they could be Devils who know but they only know because Parise being the kind of guy he is wanted to let them know himself he wouldn't be returning so he called to say bye? I think that is a fair assumption too.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:35 PM
sharski

dude i will be so disappointed if Parise goes back to NJ, Suter goes back to Nashville, and Semin goes back to Washington

I'd rather see them all go to Pittsburgh just so that we have a superteam in the NHL that everyone can hate

Old
07-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 161
Now if Parise puts us through all of this to just re-sign in New Jersey......pitchforks and torches will be soon to follow.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Unagi

IMO We won't hear from him until the weekend.

Old
MurphyDump

I still believe that Crosby didn't take a pay raise in signing his new deal because he spoke to Parise about coming to play in Pittsburgh. After all, they are pretty close friends.

Crosby didn't take a pay raise, Shero unloaded Staal's salary in the trade, he dumped Michalek's salary in the trade.....it's almost like this was known. The smiles from Bylsma during the interview at the draft...it's almost like they were very confident they would land him.

There's no doubt that Crosby and Parise talk, and talk a lot. I'm pretty sure they've discussed him playing his wing and therefore Sid signed a contract to allow room for Parise.

Again, this is all speculation, but even if it's close to being true, I can't see Parise going somewhere else after Sid didn't even take a pay raise to allow room for him. That, and the fact that Shero unloaded salary as well. Crosby hasn't had a high end winger since Hossa, and he made the sacrifice so that Shero could get him one. I'm sure Crosby had an idea of whether or not Parise was coming. If he wasn't coming, I'm sure he would have told Sid before he signed his contract.

I dunno, just my two cents.

Old
Bhay99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutfast View Post
Ziggy Stardust:
Wouldn't one think that several players who know him well would be those on the Devils? Using this type of logic, you could safely assume he's re-signed with the Devils.

My reply to that is, perhaps they could be Devils who know but they only know because Parise being the kind of guy he is wanted to let them know himself he wouldn't be returning so he called to say bye? I think that is a fair assumption too.
So maybe he just decided he isn't going to resign with New Jersey, but he still doesn't know which new team he is going to.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163
No way he announces today. Heading home to celebrate the 4th and do last minute discussion with family.

He's gonna do it Thursday.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharski View Post
dude i will be so disappointed if Parise goes back to NJ, Suter goes back to Nashville, and Semin goes back to Washington

I'd rather see them all go to Pittsburgh just so that we have a superteam in the NHL that everyone can hate
The Caps just assigned #28 to someone in development camp... bye bye Semin!

Old
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
fsanford

If Parise is truly saying that money is only a small part of it..
then maybe LA still has a shot..

Actually I do think he is having a difficult time, there are some teams throwing big money at him. Depending on how those deals are structured, a contract like his could make it difficult for those teams to build for future success.

He can take less $$ and play for a team like the Kings who are contractually set up to keep most of the guys together for several years. Based on contracts I believe that even next year only Penner and Scuds are up.. All other guys are signed beyond that. Chemistry is a big part of the game. And this age of cap, its so rare for a cup winning team to be held together that long.

Okay so much for dreaming, I am guessing the Kings have their sights set Doan should he become available.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
I still believe that Crosby didn't take a pay raise in signing his new deal because he spoke to Parise about coming to play in Pittsburgh. After all, they are pretty close friends.

Crosby didn't take a pay raise, Shero unloaded Staal's salary in the trade, he dumped Michalek's salary in the trade.....it's almost like this was known. The smiles from Bylsma during the interview at the draft...it's almost like they were very confident they would land him.

There's no doubt that Crosby and Parise talk, and talk a lot. I'm pretty sure they've discussed him playing his wing and therefore Sid signed a contract to allow room for Parise.

Again, this is all speculation, but even if it's close to being true, I can't see Parise going somewhere else after Sid didn't even take a pay raise to allow room for him. That, and the fact that Shero unloaded salary as well. Crosby hasn't had a high end winger since Hossa, and he made the sacrifice so that Shero could get him one. I'm sure Crosby had an idea of whether or not Parise was coming. If he wasn't coming, I'm sure he would have told Sid before he signed his contract.

If that was the case he would have signed with PIT on July 1st. Why wait all this time?

Old
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:

If he doesn't sign with Pittsburgh, are we going to get a repeat of the "how could Hossa do this to Sid?!" posts from 4 years ago?

Old
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
ForzaItalia

Quote:

Sid's the kind of guy that would have taken $8.7 per either way. Staal obviously wanted out. Michalek's salary could have been dumped at any time before the season started.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:42 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
If that was the case he would have signed with PIT on July 1st. Why wait all this time?
Because his agent wants to line his pockets and get everything he can out of the contract? Who knows.

I just think it makes too much sense and Sid would really have an idea of Parise's intentions. No pay raise for the next decade for the face of the league? There has to be a reason for that, and Sid knows why he did it.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
whskybarJM

and im now bored with all this.

Old
Matt Foley
Living in a van

I think the expression that applies to Parise right now is "**** or get off the pot, bud".

Old
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go

vCash: 100
Zach should come to the Coyotes.

Old
sharski

Quote:

i'm sure that was the idea, but just because Crosby & the Pens organization did all that to try to land Parise doesn't mean it's guaranteed or that Parise owes them anything... they did that all on their own free will

while I'm sure Parise appreciates the gesture, in the end regardless of what all the teams have done to bend over backwards for the chance to get him, he'll go to where he & his family want to play/live for the next decade, not because a friend decided to take a few million less... it's still business

that being said, I think he's choosing between Pittsburgh (championships), Philly (money) or Minnesota (loyalty to hometown and potentially being "the guy" who put a franchise on his back and made them a legit contender)

real tough decision

Old
rangers5000

don't tell me its not about the money, if that was the case why doesn't he sign for 1 penny each year for the next 13 years

it is about the money, its just that hes getting so much from all these teams it factors out, but ultimatly he cares about money, just like sid

Old
ForzaItalia

Quote:
I just think it makes too much sense and Sid would really have an idea of Parise's intentions. No pay raise for the next decade for the face of the league? There has to be a reason for that, and Sid knows why he did it.
He did that to always give his team a chance on the top UFAs every season.

Closed Thread