HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise: The Great Indecision (part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
It's getting to the point of the ridiculous. It's like he wasn't aware he was about to become a free agent. Christ him/Suter aren't the 1st 2 superstars to hit free agency.
Calm down. It doesn't matter how good or bad a player is, when you're talking about signing a 10 year contract, that's a huge decision. And you expected him to make it in less than three days, and before even seeing all the contracts and talking it over with those closest to him?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
So yesterday he said, "Maybe tomorrow"... What's he saying today?
"maybe tomorrow"?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
MRY71

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Personally, I don't want Parise on my team at $9 million cap hit for the next $12 years. If it is $9m, it better be front loaded with a much lower cap hit.

He's a good player, has many of good years in him, but not any $9million dollar years in him.
For him to justify getting paid that much a year he would need to have a year like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos etc... The guy hasn't even hit 100 points or 50 goals. On top of that he hasn't won any individual NHL trophies. It is insane the amount of money he is looking to sign for, I don't know if he can deal with the pressure that comes with being paid more than or as much as these other top tier guys without the same kinds of results.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Holy self-serving speculation batman... You made up an imaginary set of events to make you feel better about the hopes of a free agent signing with your team. Great job!
That wasn't exactly a far fetched scenario.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
It's getting to the point of the ridiculous. It's like he wasn't aware he was about to become a free agent. Christ him/Suter aren't the 1st 2 superstars to hit free agency.
Well you know how it is with the FA period. Always sneaking up on players.

SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Calm down. It doesn't matter how good or bad a player is, when you're talking about signing a 10 year contract, that's a huge decision. And you expected him to make it in less than three days, and before even seeing all the contracts and talking it over with those closest to him?
Yeah but he knows since a year hes about to hit UFA. And in the last couple of weeks, I hope he had time to think where he wants to play.

Even us, fans, knew what team would offer him a deal or could. Do you think is agent never talked to him about numbers or teams that could be interested?

Man, I understand he takes his time. But if after 3days (and weeks before) he hasnt chose, hes just plain retard.

Old
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
My guess is he'll wear #11 when he comes to Minnesota.
He can wear #11 when he signs with Pittsburgh, it's now available.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
CHLLL Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Holy self-serving speculation batman... You made up an imaginary set of events to make you feel better about the hopes of a free agent signing with your team. Great job!
And you just made yourself feel better by making fun of someone for speculating on a topic thats related to exactly what hes talking about, where Parise might sign.

I forgot were all experts on this site how dare he speculate. Facts only please.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Yeah but he knows since a year hes about to hit UFA. And in the last couple of weeks, I hope he had time to think where he wants to play.

Even us, fans, knew what team would offer him a deal or could. Do you think is agent never talked to him about numbers or teams that could be interested?

Man, I understand he takes his time. But if after 3days (and weeks before) he hasnt chose, hes just plain retard.
I knew in my senior year of high school that I was going to college in a year, and here we are at the end of my freshman year in college, and I STILL don't know what my major is going to be.

Old
wpghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holotypic View Post
Wow what an insightful post! Do you create your own material? I would love to hear about some of your inspirations, you seem like a very interesting guy.
What can I say, I was inspired by genius.

Old
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
Any chances he signs tonight? Or do we have to wait at least another day?

Old
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Sure, if they outscore everyone.
I wasn't aware you could win another way.

On topic, I've been reading these threads and following it just like everyone else and I feel it's down to NJD (guilt) Pit (Desire to win many times) the delay was some crazy contract from who knows that threw him off but I really believe he will be a penguin next year.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
"maybe tomorrow"?
He already said there's no timetable. I don't know why people are acting like there is/should be.

Speculation is speculation. People saying he's already decided or that he'll announce something today don't necessarily know that's true.

In fact, I'd speculate that it's probably not.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Lim Ran

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
Any chances he signs tonight? Or do we have to wait at least another day?
Probably at least another day. I speculate that if an announcement was imminent, there'd be a large disturbance in the twitterverse.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
committedindian86
Flip The Switch

I wonder if Parise is clowning everyone and he's going to decide to sign in September. That would be awesome. Everyone on HF would whine and moan.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Sure, if they outscore everyone.
This somehow applies to the just the Flyers, and not Pittsburgh?

Old
07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
wpghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
I wonder if Parise is clowning everyone and he's going to decide to sign in September. That would be awesome. Everyone on HF would whine and moan.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Devilshark
Registered Abuser

Ive already convinced myself mentally (and accepted it) that Zach is gonna leave NJ, Im just not ready for it if he happens to go to another team in the division.

The fans in NJ will CRUCIFY him verbally when he comes back to NJ. Especially since we just made it to a cup final where we were 2 OT losses away from winning the Cup.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Wouldn't even say they're SUPERstars, really good players..definitely.

Reality is, if they weren't in it for the $$ they would have had their minds made up on the 1st. They want to be on contenders I think, but at the same time maximize their salary, therefore the highest bidding contender will land either player. Which, in turn, will be a cap burden on said contender to fill other holes in the roster.
If the was the case they'd already be Flyers. I think, in Parise's case, he knew what team he wanted to play for (PIT), but PHI and MIN came in with such high offers that blew that team out of the water, that it really makes sense to sit down and talk it through with his family.

Suter, same thing. I don't think he wants to play in Philly, but if their offer is so much better than other teams, he has to take pause. Cliff Lee comes to mind when I think of Suter. Lee got a strong offer from the Yankees but didn't want to play there so he contacted the Phillies to see if there was interest in bringing him back if they could make the numbers work. I think that's what Suter is going through right now, going back and forth with some teams he wants to play for to see if they can make the numbers work, if not, he'll go to the highest offer.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
I knew in my senior year of high school that I was going to college in a year, and here we are at the end of my freshman year in college, and I STILL don't know what my major is going to be.
Same thing here man.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post

He and Suter are secretly Kings haters and are waiting for Doan to figure out his thing before joining him. So no signing before July 8!

Old
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
This somehow applies to the just the Flyers, and not Pittsburgh?
Hes acting tough just because his team made it out of the first round for the first time in like ever.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Yeah, but you knew what college you were going to.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 163

Old
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Yeah, but you knew what college you were going to.
Yeah, and Parise knows that he's a UFA.

Glad we've got this clarified now.

Closed Thread