HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

vCash: 500
The Wild have been almost the definition of organizational disfunction the last couple ofmyears. For both to leave two of the better run franchises to them (if true) says a lot.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
TheSituation

So I hear Bobby Ryan is available...

Old
07-04-2012, 08:19 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post
Again this ismwhy Lou afterword needs to break his silence and make an exception and let us know what the offer was. I'm notmsaying go all Dan Gilbert, but letmus know what was on the table.
Vanderbeek will do that, you can take it to the bank. Look at the way he reacted when Brent Sutter left compared to Lou.

I just hope the tampering charges are filed before the ink is dry on the Parise contract.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Rather pick up Semin (if/when we lose out) to be honest. We have the cap room, he replaces Parises production and pray we can get his locker room issues in check.

Old
guitarguyvic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I have a much bigger problem with him choosing a loser than ditching the Devils.
Yeah that would just be ridiculous. I'm some ways I feel bad for him if he goes that route. he'll probably never win and I have a sense that his career will take a nosedive.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I have a much bigger problem with him choosing a loser than ditching the Devils.
That would really piss me off too. Now we'll see what is in the soul of Zach Parise.

Old
Semak

vCash:
We got Abo, now I need a double shot of Nona and Manila to keep hope alive.

Stupid sexy media.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
if lou loses parise though, im curious what his contingency plan is. i hope its bobby ryan.
Bobby Ryan's a ****** that probably wouldn't sign long-term anyway cause he wants to be in Philly the way Dwight Howard wants to be in Brooklyn. Besides you have to give up assets and cash for him, you just have to give up cash for Semin though that bidding's going through the roof too so I don't know wtf Lou is going to do now.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Richer 44

IF he goes to Minny. The worst part for me is all of the lip service all year about loving NJ and all the teammates here. He knows Suter? So what...

Doesn't he have way way way more close friends in Salv, Zajac, Greene, Zubbie etc?

Old
07-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguyvic View Post
Yeah that would just be ridiculous. I'm some ways I feel bad for him if he goes that route. he'll probably never win and I have a sense that his career will take a nosedive.
like the careers of most Devils FAs who jetted

Old
07-04-2012, 08:22 AM
thebootlegsaint
Zombie Killa

The Plan B should be, imo, to lock up Henrique and Zajac NOW, not next year. I don't want an overpaid Semin, because he will be overpaid this offseason, I'd rather keep our talent so we have the resources to go and get someone next year if need be.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parisalchuk View Post
I just cant respect a man who for a whole year states that his first and foremost goal is to get a contract done with the Devils, only to not only decide to wait to go to free agency (understandable) but then to turn down 'competetive' offers from the team and go somewhere else, regardless of where that place is. If he leaves, all the talk of his great character should be thrown out the window.
I have no idea why certain fans will just eat up whatever words a pro athlete has to say regarding the city he plays for. Did anyone expect anything different? Was Zach supposed to come clean in front of the media and say that money is a important factor in his decision and that the stability of the ownership in NJ is as shaky as a 3 legged chair?

The last person we should believe is the guy who's about to make a life changing decision a year, or months, away from becoming a UFA, when under contract.

I'm not trying to point you out personnaly. I've seen several posters comment about Parise's quotes and all that junk as a sign that he'll be back. When entering free agency, it sort of becomes like politics. If he stays, it'll be because Lou gave him a fair deal and nothing more. I really doubt he'll leave close to 30M$/40M$ on the table just because he likes it here... but I can be wrong as well.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I think they're both signing in NJ.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:26 AM
TheSituation

Does anyone know how much money Crosby left on the table?

Old
07-04-2012, 08:26 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebootlegsaint View Post
The Plan B should be, imo, to lock up Henrique and Zajac NOW, not next year. I don't want an overpaid Semin, because he will be overpaid this offseason, I'd rather keep our talent so we have the resources to go and get someone next year if need be.
Yeah pretty much but you still need two forwards who can actually play on one of the top three lines next season, and we don't have that in the organization currently.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:27 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Well I come back from work and now what do I see?

Rumors that Zach might end up in Minny with Suter.

If that happens, then Go F yourself, Zach.

After saying that "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY", it would turn out that it *IS* and always will be ABOUT THE MONEY.

Only saving grace would be that he'd be out-of-Conference on a team we rarely face on a yearly basis......

God, I hope this turns out like the Kovy drama where in the end, out of nowhere, NJ comes out on Top.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:27 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I have no idea why certain fans will just eat up whatever words a pro athlete has to say regarding the city he plays for. Did anyone expect anything different? Was Zach supposed to come clean in front of the media and say that money is a important factor in his decision and that the stability of the ownership in NJ is as shaky as a 3 legged chair?

The last person we should believe is the guy who's about to make a life changing decision a year, or months, away from becoming a UFA, when under contract.

I'm not trying to point you out personnaly. I've seen several posters comment about Parise's quotes and all that junk as a sign that he'll be back. When entering free agency, it sort of becomes like politics. If he stays, it'll be because Lou gave him a fair deal and nothing more. I really doubt he'll leave close to 30M$/40M$ on the table just because he likes it here... but I can be wrong as well.
So when other people in life lie to you its no biggie? I understand that pro athletes lie. I understand this is a big decision. But for someone who is such a stand up guy where everyone talks about his steller character. Someone who was supposed to be different. That I cant accept and move on without changing my opinion of him.

He could have easily came out last week and said: I like the Devils, but I am going to see what other offers are out there and pick the one I think is best for me. No, instead the first night of free agency he comes out of his agents office and says that it has always been his hope and goal to get something done with the Devils. Why does he need to say that?

Old
07-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
If Zach and Suter really pull a Lebron/D.Wade then oh well what can you do ?

Piss the last 7 yrs away for someone who you never played with in pro... that's fine by me, rot in Minny Zach where you'll never sniff the cup again.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
I'm still hopeful that Lou will pull a rabbit out of his hat. The Wild might have backed up a dump truck full of money to Parise's house, but the Devils have the best chance to win in the next few years and everyone knows it, even the Wild. That's why this ridiculous offer was made. Parise has to know that they cannot build a competitive team around him and Suter and stay under the cap.

Old
njdevilsftw

I just hope zajac doesn't follow parise next year If he goes to a different team

Old
07-04-2012, 08:30 AM
megajake

Why is no body else thinking that we can get both? Maybe Parise is trying to convince Suter to come to NJ with him..

Old
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by megajake View Post
Why is no body else thinking that we can get both? Maybe Parise is trying to convince Suter to come to NJ with him..
We care barely afford to resign Zach. Zero chance we can afford Suter.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Richer 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by megajake View Post
And we can afford them how?

Old
07-04-2012, 08:33 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

Quote:

When a guy's negotiating a deal before UFA, talking with the GM and his (soon to be former) teammates constantly before and during the process, that doesn't speak to me like a guy who is looking to run out the door. If he did want to leave all along and strung us along like that he'd be a bigger phony than Justin Schultz.

And stability in ownership my ***, he could have gone to Detroit or Chicago (nevermind Pittsburgh or Philly) and had plenty of stability, and instead he went to the team least likely to win.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
I think Lou really needs to reconsider redoing contracts like he does, I see no advantage letting players go to UFA.