HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 8

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Why do people want to pay through the nose for Bobby Ryan and hurt our forward depth even more ?

Do you really want to give up henrique/zajac a top d prospect and a 1st ?

I don't...not for a 60 pt guy. Who HATES Northern Jersey BTW
then it pains me to say give that merc semin a ringadoodle. anyone can be changed, plus...who else will replace zachs production? thats about all hed replace though. ugh. just sign here zach so we dont have to do this ****.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
and here it is...salvador knew yesterday.
so he said - that is for Zach to disclose when he chooses so

Old
07-04-2012, 09:49 AM
NJD Kula
yay hockey

Would like to see some details leaked. Where is bc? Dagoon? Parise's cat?

Old
07-04-2012, 09:49 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
I don't think Zach is signing with any team other than the Wild today when he's in Minnesota. If he was going to return to us it would be done yesterday or tomorrow. He's not announcing on the fourth of July in Minnesota he's going somewhere else.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:50 AM
thebootlegsaint
Zombie Killa

Old
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Know what it means if Suter goes to Minny? Weber next July 1st.

Sign him.

Trade for Ryan
Sign Weber next year

Boom

Old
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I think Lou really needs to reconsider redoing contracts like he does, I see no advantage letting players go to UFA.
Oh no you didn't.

Take cover my friend, that's all I have to say atm. You'll be swormed with "Yeah, we should of moved him for shinny new toys and miss out on our cup run".

I fully agree with you and said so multiple times. If you take a look around the league, Gm's usually lock up their studs to multi year deals during the season or whenever, but they almost never lose a valuable asset for nothing.

With the UFA market getting weaker and weaker each and every year, we can't let our core guys test the market anymore. I understand Lou has his ways but the league has changed, the rules have changed, the game has changed... so one would think that Lou can change as well. Talking during the season doesn't bring any more distractions then having to answer the same ****ing question 365 days straight about testing free agency via the media.

You can have that approach when dealing with guys like Clarkson, Zubrus, Greene, etc. but not your heart and soul guy you decided to hand the captaincy to. On the other hand, maybe Parise did ******** everyone and refused to talk extension with Lou in order to see what he was really worth come july 1st whitout necessarily ruling out the Devils as a option to come back.

Anyways, losing stud players is something we've grown to see as NJD fans and we've managed to beat the odds of us sucking each and every time. It would sting like hell if we lost Parise but if we do, I hope Lou learns a lesson in all of this and actually considers talking contract extension during the season in order to avoid another fiasco next off season with our #1 center.

Old
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't think Zach is signing with any team other than the Wild today when he's in Minnesota. If he was going to return to us it would be done yesterday or tomorrow. He's not announcing on the fourth of July in Minnesota he's going somewhere else.
Not necessarily true.

His home is in Minny. It means nothing.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:51 AM
parker1313

IF Zach leaves which it looks like he is along with his new bff , all I can say is good riddance ! No way on earth will those 2 lead Minnesota anywhere and as mentioned I don't see Suter being a force on defense when he will have no one else to help him out. Minnesota is still NOT a playoff team in the near future. New Jersey lived without Zach before and still can today and be a better team then the Wild will be. He can take this Lebron show and shove it as it looks more and more like this was planned long ago to do it on the 4th of July .

Once he puts on another jersey, my respect for him is gone and I hope when he plays the Devils , for starters he is healthy and not injured , that not only do we destroy Minnesota, but we make him invisible during the entire game and he hears it from the crowd

Old
07-04-2012, 09:51 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

In comes DATW with his defeatism and idiotic remarks about how we never got to the cup finals and that it was a bad dream because it's refuted everything he's said for the past year. Then he gets proven wrong and ignores your post

Old
07-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
That's why him bringing along Suter is huge for him, they can share that burden.
So they can both be ridiculed when the team fails to succeed? Maybe it will be nice to have someone to commiserate with, but the only difference is that fans will be booing both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdlopz View Post
Hemsky's a skilled player, but he gets hurt way too often.
And the Oilers want to keep him to mentor their kids coming up, so they'll value him higher than we want to pay, most likely.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:53 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Not necessarily true.

His home is in Minny. It means nothing.
We'll see. I don't even feel like hanging around anymore now that it seems like a fait accompli, but I have a perverse interest in seeing just how nutty these contract numbers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
So they can both be ridiculed when the team fails to succeed? Maybe it will be nice to have someone to commiserate with, but the only difference is that fans will be booing both.
I mean splitting the expectation burden. Not all the attention will be on Zach the way it would if he came alone, some will be siphoned on Suter.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:53 AM
CerebralGenesis

Captain UFA making his signing on July 4th. What could be more fitting then him chasing the american dream and taking the most $$$ too? Nothing

And I'm not a fan of letting players get to UFA at all. Lou's "time on our side use it motto" doesn't need to be applied to every situation. This is a time where I wish it didn't.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
That's what worries me about him announcing it today. Hopefully he pulls the troll job on the entire state.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:55 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

He'll forever be known as Benedict Pari$e now.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
We're going to be bidding with Detroit for Semin. We'll lose that one too.

Old
JimEIV

Devils are going to need to replace those goal and board work should he leave.

I don't think it can be done.

Old
Czech Trio
from jersey

Fwiw

Quote:
will depaoli ‏@tiops_depaoli

#pens have not been informed they are out on parise but those in know late last night seemed to feel decision was coming down to min or nj.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:57 AM
DEVILSEBO
Corners vs Cubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I think Lou really needs to reconsider redoing contracts like he does, I see no advantage letting players go to UFA.
Couldn't agree more. He still handles contracts like it's 1997. The players have the advantage. His negoiating tactics are outdated.

Old
britdevil
Tea with milk...

I won't like him signing with another franchise any less than the next Devils fan, but jesus some of you are sore.

If he leaves, he leaves. The franchise has survived worse and we have that guy who wears #17.

Old
leftwing

Quote:
This. If he announces today have to bet Minny.

No way in hell he surrounds himself with family and friends on a holiday and says 'not coming here'.

Especially with the emotional wreck he looks like right now. Seriously, he'd have a nervous breakdown if he did that.

Old
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Lou says that players earn the right to go to UFA and he respects that. Lumped that up with not negotiating during the season and well, you get your whole fan base crapping bricks everytime. Sucks for us but the man is a man of conviction.
Excellent post.

These are human beings, at the end of the day.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
DEVILSEBO
Corners vs Cubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
Fwiw
I heard the Devils were told this morning at 8am that they are out.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:58 AM
ryangib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Trio View Post
Fwiw
Who's that guy?

Closed Thread