To Ducks:
David Krejci
Jordan Caron
2nd round pick 2013

to Bruins:
Bobby Ryan

FA

Sign Jamoir Jagr to 1 year deal at 4.25M

Reasoning is simple, Krejci is not a number 1 center. Let Seguin play center and bring in Jagr to play with him...

Marchand-Bergeron-Ryan
Lucic-Seguin-Jagr
Horton/Knight/Spooner-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Bruins put more fire power in that offense and with Jagr and Ryan should improve that PP

Richard Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

vCash: 500
That's too much for Ryan. One of Caron or the pick, not both. Ryan would be nice, but he's too one-dimensional to give 3 good pieces for.

Maybe sign Jagr at 3.5 no more.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
agreen23

This has been discussed at length numerous times...

With that being said, Id be game for Ryan but you are giving up too much. Id either do a pick or Caron not both. Also, Seguin has not shown the tools to play center at the NHL level just yet. Only won 43% faceoffs and is not ready for the defensive responsibilities of a second line center.

I would be in favor for Jagr as he would help our PP and provide some offense but who says he wants to come here and is 3.5 million enough? Additionally, Some teams may look to give him 2 yr deal which I would be strongly against.

I expect Chia to make a trade at some point (dont know if itll be the summer, early in the season, or at the deadline). He'll explore his options and maybe we shall see Ryan in black and gold.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Yah I think Krejci+2nd (maybe another pick since our second will be close to a 3rd) is all I do for Ryan. Ryan is not a 100 pt guy.

There aren't many guys I trade Krejci for it really has to be a winger who I think is better than Lucic and Marchand (to bump both down and take some pressure off those two.)

Krejci is a damn good player and puts up point in our system. I don't know why our fans can be ignorant and don't see him as a high end scoring version of a Mike Fisher.

I like Bergeron but how the **** does he get a pass on everything and is perfect but Krejci sucks he did miss an empty net to clinch the series.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:29 PM
TooMuchMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstars31 View Post
Bruins fans would you do these deals?

To Ducks:
David Krejci
Jordan Caron
2nd round pick 2013

to Bruins:
Bobby Ryan

FA

Sign Jamoir Jagr to 1 year deal at 4.25M

Reasoning is simple, Krejci is not a number 1 center. Let Seguin play center and bring in Jagr to play with him...

Marchand-Bergeron-Ryan
Lucic-Seguin-Jagr
Horton/Knight/Spooner-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Bruins put more fire power in that offense and with Jagr and Ryan should improve that PP
I would do the first deal in a heartbeat - but don't think that the Ducks would bite.

I'm not a huge fan of Jagr - but after his season helping Giroux develop into an elite 1C, I wouldn't mind him. Still would rather see Knight/Spoons/Sauve duke it out for the 3W...

TooMuchMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Richard Murray
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Richard Murray
I agree not sure the Ducks would do it.

Richard Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Afam*

caron sucks.why do us fans want to give other teams our trash or not too good players.any negotiations with the ducks starts with krejci or spooner.The same goes for nash too.The ducks don't need caron.

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:30 AM
kman22

Just my opinion, but I think it's either/or with Bobby Ryan and Jaromir Jagr. I can't envision a scenario where both would be on the Bruins next season.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:32 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Nah the Ducks have a notoriously bad 3rd line (their second is old and oft injured which doesn't help) guys like Bonino wouldn't get minutes on the third line in other organizations are fixtures on theirs. They would happily take Caron in any deal and he'd play a good amount for them.

The Ducks would obviously ask for one of the other two as well though (and we could maybe get a pick back from them since Caron is good and a big body.)

If Jordan Caron fought he'd be immensely popular and there would be threads to trade Marchand/Horton/Kelly/Peverley to make room for him on a scoring line. But he doesn't so I guess he is "trash".....

He did break camp on Bergeron's line with Wheeler (and did pretty well) the year we won the Stanley Cup 15 months after being drafted end of the 1st round despite having a serious injury inbetween.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBruinsFan View Post
That's too much for Ryan. One of Caron or the pick, not both. Ryan would be nice, but he's too one-dimensional to give 3 good pieces for.

Maybe sign Jagr at 3.5 no more.
Ryan`s 'one dimensional' yet you suggest Jagr whom at this point in his career is just that as well??

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:15 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
caron sucks.why do us fans want to give other teams our trash or not too good players.any negotiations with the ducks starts with krejci or spooner.The same goes for nash too.The ducks don't need caron.
Yeah your right, Jason Blake is wonderful, they don`t need a young kid who`s career has barely begun

Old
07-03-2012, 06:41 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mand THW View Post
I would do the first deal in a heartbeat - but don't think that the Ducks would bite.

I'm not a huge fan of Jagr - but after his season helping Giroux develop into an elite 1C, I wouldn't mind him. Still would rather see Knight/Spoons/Sauve duke it out for the 3W...
Me too, I`m not at all opposed to allowing a prospect the chance put up with some learning curve mistakes and let em play, I`m not so sure either of Knight/Spooner don`t make it awfully tough on CJ to have them play anywhere but Boston, time will tell, going to be fun to observe

Old
07-03-2012, 07:17 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
Caron had the same stats thru his first 45 big league games as Lucic and Marchand...How does he suck? He's been yanked around buy this team for two years...Had he played in the "A" for a season he would have been a 25 goal scorer IMO. He will be better then you think up here.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:18 AM
WBC8

Speaking of the Bruins off season, would you have been happy July 1st if they resigned Krecji, Boychuk, Thornton, Peverley, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, Rask and Koko all on that day? Because that's what they did starting in December until now.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:24 AM
bosbruin

As much as I'd love to see Bobby Ryan here, IMO I think PC is relying heavily on prospects to fill roster spots this coming year (Hamilton, Spooner, Knight), so don't see any movement at all from the B's.

bosbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Ratty

I know its "here we go again", but I wonder if this guy could fill the spot vacated by Pouliot?

http://bloguin.com/puckdrunklove/2012-articles,

Edit: sorry, I read the article from another site without having to login. Its essentially a Pittsburgh blogger claiming that old friend Carl Soderberg is considering coming to NHL camp this year and is willing to take a two-way deal. Talks about how he would fit in in Boston. The article was written in February, so it may have been read here before.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:55 AM
WBC8

If people think Krejci doesn't alway give effort I would love to see you guys after a season of watching Ryan... Many times he is an invisible man.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

While I agree with the need for a better top 3 player for this team, and would love for it to be Ryan, I think it's time we fans all realize that PC is happy with the team as it's currently constructed and will not be making any big trades for a big name, big time player. He doesn't value that skill set nearly as much as he does that of a more complete player, so there's no way he's going to burn the resources and spend the money needed to get a guy like Ryan, Nash, or Parise. It's more than apparent he's not even looking at second tier guys. Status quo is what we're going to get.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:00 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
I know its "here we go again", but I wonder if this guy could fill the spot vacated by Pouliot?

http://bloguin.com/puckdrunklove/2012-articles,

Edit: sorry, I read the article from another site without having to login. Its essentially a Pittsburgh blogger claiming that old friend Carl Soderberg is considering coming to NHL camp this year and is willing to take a two-way deal. Talks about how he would fit in in Boston. The article was written in February, so it may have been read here before.
Why would you even bother mentioning this? Carl Soderberg is nothing more than a punch line to a bad joke at this point.

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:06 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

I do it. Ryan was awful this year, jerked around by his coach...played even on the third line with no pp time and off position at center and still posted 30+ goals(more than any bruin)...a feat he has not failed to achieve since making the NHL full time.

not too shabby for a 23 year old on a reasonable contract. I think ryan is a better wing than Seguin, and Seguin will be a better center than Krejci...plus ryan will go to the front of the net so we don't have to spend weeks glorifying braden ****ing holtby.

Add in his big body, and fans here would quickly go from "he's not worth caron" to "he's the new cam neely!!"

but...sigh...it won't happen cause he's not part of the exclusive "let's try it again part 2!" club.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
If people think Krejci doesn't alway give effort I would love to see you guys after a season of watching Ryan... Many times he is an invisible man.
He plays for another team, so he's great. If he played for the Bruins, this board would be full of complaints about him.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I do it. Ryan was awful this year, jerked around by his coach...played even on the third line with no pp time and off position at center and still posted 30+ goals(more than any bruin)...a feat he has not failed to achieve since making the NHL full time.

not too shabby for a 23 year old on a reasonable contract. I think ryan is a better wing than Seguin, and Seguin will be a better center than Krejci...plus ryan will go to the front of the net so we don't have to spend weeks glorifying braden ****ing holtby.

Add in his big body, and fans here would quickly go from "he's not worth caron" to "he's the new cam neely!!"

but...sigh...it won't happen cause he's not part of the exclusive "let's try it again part 2!" club.
OR...OR...it won't happen cause Anaheim is asking for Hamilton and Krejci.

But yes, let's pretend we have any idea what's going on behind the scenes.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:18 AM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
OR...OR...it won't happen cause Anaheim is asking for Hamilton and Krejci.

But yes, let's pretend we have any idea what's going on behind the scenes.
Jeesh....figured in a proposal thread we'd talk about the proposed trade made by the original poster.

No room for discussion, ill just step back in line. you keep those streets clean champ!

the hypocrisy of saying "They're asking for x and y so don't pretend like you know what's going on behind the scenes" is a bit much though wouldn't you say?

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Jeesh....figured in a proposal thread we'd talk about the proposed trade made by the original poster.

No room for discussion, ill just step back in line. you keep those streets clean champ!

the hypocrisy of saying "They're asking for x and y so don't pretend like you know what's going on behind the scenes" is a bit much though wouldn't you say?
Not at all. I'm fine with discussing the proposal, I'm not fine with the snarky "let's just keep the gang together comments".

Realistically, we want Bobby Ryan real bad right, to the extent that we're willing to deal a solid core player like Krejci, and move a complete unknown to Center.

If we're willing to do that and we KNOW that Krejci can produce here, why wouldn't Anaheim want something significant in return? They aren't saving in salary, the contracts are a wash. Caron is a nice enough player, and I like him, but that and what amounts to a low 2nd...isn't enough. That's why this deal isn't getting done. Not because Peter Chiarelli thinks the team can't be improved.

The problem with the bruins making a trade for E. Kane, Ryan, or Nash is that they don't have that ELC player whose potential value vastly outstrips their current value. . . except for Hamilton. If they were willing to play the Dougie chip (and they might have been if they had drafted Shattenkirk or McDonagh instead of Hamil, or Del Zotto instead of Colborne), they'd have a legitimate shot at any of those players.

But they clearly (rightly?) aren't playing that chip. So we can't really match up with teams that are willing to offer up Couturier, Schenn, Del Zotto, etc. and without being able to play that kind of chip, you have to add to someone (like Krejci) who is already really productive, so your incremental gain isn't going to be worth the number of pluses you need to add.

Is that better?

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
Not at all. I'm fine with discussing the proposal, I'm not fine with the snarky "let's just keep the gang together comments".

Realistically, we want Bobby Ryan real bad right, to the extent that we're willing to deal a solid core player like Krejci, and move a complete unknown to Center.

If we're willing to do that and we KNOW that Krejci can produce here, why wouldn't Anaheim want something significant in return? They aren't saving in salary, the contracts are a wash. Caron is a nice enough player, and I like him, but that and what amounts to a low 2nd...isn't enough. That's why this deal isn't getting done. Not because Peter Chiarelli thinks the team can't be improved.

The problem with the bruins making a trade for E. Kane, Ryan, or Nash is that they don't have that ELC player whose potential value vastly outstrips their current value. . . except for Hamilton. If they were willing to play the Dougie chip (and they might have been if they had drafted Shattenkirk or McDonagh instead of Hamil, or Del Zotto instead of Colborne), they'd have a legitimate shot at any of those players.

But they clearly (rightly?) aren't playing that chip. So we can't really match up with teams that are willing to offer up Couturier, Schenn, Del Zotto, etc. and without being able to play that kind of chip, you have to add to someone (like Krejci) who is already really productive, so your incremental gain isn't going to be worth the number of pluses you need to add.

Is that better?
Krejci for Ryan would be one of those good old fashion "Hockey Trades" which we see less and less of these days but were once commonplace and much missed with this fan