HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edmonton and Boston looking at a potential deal?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

vCash: 500
Awards:
Why would Boychuck waive his NTC ?
He just got it.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:47 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scarecrow View Post
If Colt is saying it I'm not going to file it under the Eklund file. Colt said Hemsky and Boychuk were the main parts. If there were more it could make sense. In my opinion a defenseman would have to be coming back.
No slight on Colt at all. I'm sure if he says he heard something, he did.

My position on the deal with the parts named thus far is that it makes no sense at all, particularly for the Bruins. Unless a defenseman of substantial proportions is coming back the other way, it just doesn't work. At all.

Last edited by doubleminor138: 07-05-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: qdp
MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
bostone737

meh, not really interested in that..

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Colt.45Orr

Sorry folks, just wanted to clarify: I don't get stuff in real time, I'm likely a day late and a dollar short by the time I get stuff passed on to me. I have heard that Edmonton really likes Boychuk and if Boston were to show interest in Hemsky, something could be worked out around those players --but I never once said Boychuk is looking to waive to get out of Boston (only that he still has ties to/in Edmonton). Maybe getting Schultz changes things too for them. I don't know.

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:34 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Mods can PM me if you need to check my credit --but I think if you give this a day or two you will start to hear that this could be out there (not sure if it is present or past tense --I could be a little late to the party). I'm not sure if this has been talked about at the GM level or just at the lower scouting levels. Anyway, the main parts would be based around:

Hemsky
and
Boychuk*

*Does Thomas go along for the ride to Alberta?

Interesting because:

1) It would indicate the B's are ready to roll with Hamilton in as the RH shot to replace Boychuk.
2) Hemsky and Krejci have insane chemistry potential, kind of like a higher-end version of Krejci-Satan --could be the PP fix too.
3) Boychuk is actually an Edmonton native and they want to build a culture of guys wanting to stay there.

edit: I'm on vacation, so I won't be able to get to pm if you don't get me right away.
I won`t nor can`t dispute the possibility that what your hearing is or may happen but I think that Hamilton will be a Bruin on opening day regardless of whether or not Johnny B is a Bruin

I like Hemsky but man is he brittle, the system and approach in Boston almost requires players to play a physical style, can he even do that?

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:08 AM
jasonbaz77*

How about Eberle instead

I could see JB wanting to go to Edmonton. He could go back home and play for a team that will likely be better than the B's in 3-5 years.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Mods can PM me if you need to check my credit --but I think if you give this a day or two you will start to hear that this could be out there (not sure if it is present or past tense --I could be a little late to the party). I'm not sure if this has been talked about at the GM level or just at the lower scouting levels. Anyway, the main parts would be based around:

Hemsky
and
Boychuk*

*Does Thomas go along for the ride to Alberta?

Interesting because:

1) It would indicate the B's are ready to roll with Hamilton in as the RH shot to replace Boychuk.
2) Hemsky and Krejci have insane chemistry potential, kind of like a higher-end version of Krejci-Satan --could be the PP fix too.
3) Boychuk is actually an Edmonton native and they want to build a culture of guys wanting to stay there.

edit: I'm on vacation, so I won't be able to get to pm if you don't get me right away.
ive been talking about the logic of moving boychuck to edmonton or calgary for a couple years now so i wouldnt be shocked if the gm's in edmonton or calgary saw it too

but im way less wowed by the logic of bringing hemsky back to boston...

that said, i think that there is roughly equal trade value in a deal that was hemsky for boychuck. The question becomes, how do we afford to replace boychuck on defense and what do we do with our extra forward up front?

So for me... I kind of have to include Horton into this deal if I am making it. I know he is been hurt lately... but so has Hemsky.

So maybe expand the deal... make it Hemsky and Whitney for Horton and Boychuck

we end up with an upgrade up front {assuming Hemsky is a better winger for Krecji then Horton was} and a downgrade on the backend {assuming that Whitney doesnt fully recover from his bad ankle} but an upgrade for our PP

Edmonton ends up with a positive culture change for their locker room and potentially upgrades both upfront and on the blueline since what they need is size/grit to go along with all those supertalented smallish youngsters they have.

there is logic for edmonton to be after boychuck.. and logic for us to be identifying him as a bad fit since seidenberg/chara play so well together and hamilton then sticks out as having no one to play with under our current mix.

but... i just personally am tremendously underwhelmed by hemsky. he isnt a coachable player. i am not saying he is realy soft cause he isnt... he will go into traffic but that is why he gets hurt so much too. what makes him uncoachable is he is selfish about the style he plays. he plays too long of shifts... he practices horrible last on and first off... and he refuses to adapt on the pp to mix things up. he has one set of tricks he uses and only one set which is horrible for a guy that is so talented.

as long as i felt hemsky understood he was a second liner behind seguin here... then i guess id be luke warm supportive of picking him up to help out krecji but the reason he isnt fitting in edmonton anymore is they feel he is going to pult and be a huge problem having to play second fiddle to eberle and eventually yakubov. he hated it last year and we saw he had the worst year of his career becuase he just couldnt handle not getting onto the ice for 5-3 pp's and other prime time ice situations.

anyhow... interesting rumor... i can see where it is coming from. I dont like what it does to the cap and the depth chart unless we move horton for a dman too... but edmonton happens to have a dman that would work for us if healthy and we happen to have a forward we arent sure will be healthy for us so just saying

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:11 AM
McKuato

What about Boychuk + for Hemsky and Ryan Whitney? Not sure what the + would need to be but I'm sure they could work something out

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

I think something around McQuaid and Whitney would make more sense.

They'd get a tough young D to grow with their team. We'd take the risk on Whitney's health but if he is healthy, he'd be a legit #3/pp presence for one year.

07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
don

I wouldn't like losing Boychuk but I'd be willing to do something like Boychuk + for Hemsky, Teubert, and Gernat.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
BruinsFan64

Was there ever any official link that supports this thread?

There are 64 posts here but I am not sure if there is anything that actually supports this rumor. Dregger? McKenzie?

Maybe I missed it?

Hopefully not Eklund.

BruinsFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
BruinsBtn

I would do it, no question.

Hemsky has sick hands. He would be a great addition.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM
TimmytheTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFan64 View Post
Was there ever any official link that supports this thread?

There are 64 posts here but I am not sure if there is anything that actually supports this rumor. Dregger? McKenzie?

Maybe I missed it?

Hopefully not Eklund.
Just the OP's (Colt.45Orr) word. Guess he's got some insider info

TimmytheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:05 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmytheTank View Post
Just the OP's (Colt.45Orr) word. Guess he's got some insider info
He's been vouched for, so yeah. Haters gon' hate.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
BruinsBtn

FA options on D, if the Bruins move Johnny Boy:

Coliacovo
Kubina
Barker
Hannan
Rozsival
Foster
Gragnani
Eaton
Eminger
Campoli

Not much there but there is some depth. If not, it's RFAs or trades.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
nycbruins*

Oil throw in Whitney, Bruins throw in Caron. Call it a deal.

Improves the talent level of the Bruins significantly, but then you have to worry about when Whitney & Hemsky will get hurt, while Boychuk & Caron are much better bets to stay healthy.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Afam*

i dont feel like this is thread worthy but according to weei the bruins made a play for Zach Parise

Last edited by Afam*: 07-05-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:23 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminor138 View Post
He's been vouched for, so yeah. Haters gon' hate.
To be fair, not all posters, especially new ones, know who's been vouched for and who has not. Bit unfair to label someone with 162 posts a hater right off the bat; they're just more likely looking at the rules and raising a legitimate question.

Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
2014 Bruins turned me into South Shore Kings fan
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
I think something around McQuaid and Whitney would make more sense.

They'd get a tough young D to grow with their team. We'd take the risk on Whitney's health but if he is healthy, he'd be a legit #3/pp presence for one year.
I agree with this.

Whitney's injury seem to be under control now and I'd love to see him in Black and Gold.

Right now, until Dougie is proven, JB is your #3 Dman. Both guys have injury concerns so I think it is a wash there.

Sure you'd lose snarl but not as much as people think.

Something to look at definitely. Only caviat is Whitney's $4 mil cap hit and UFA status next year vs. McQuaids $1.56 for the next 3 seasons.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:35 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEasyA View Post
i dont feel like this is thread worthy but according to weei the bruins made a play for Zach Parise
Couldn't have been all that serious since they have about zero cap space right now.

Right now the Bruins have the highest payroll in the league.

Payroll = $69,922,143, Bonuses = $3,912,500, Cap Space = $277,857

Numbers taken from capgeek.com

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:44 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
Couldn't have been all that serious since they have about zero cap space right now.

Right now the Bruins have the highest payroll in the league.

Payroll = $69,922,143, Bonuses = $3,912,500, Cap Space = $277,857

Numbers taken from capgeek.com
Buncha cheapskates

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
To be fair, not all posters, especially new ones, know who's been vouched for and who has not. Bit unfair to label someone with 162 posts a hater right off the bat; they're just more likely looking at the rules and raising a legitimate question.
Nope, no hate here. Just wondering where the rumors came from so, now I know ... thanks for the backup.

BruinsFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

Quote:
Didn't intend to label anybody a hater. Apologies if I did. Was trying to make light of the fact that the thread was taken down because of questions about Colt's "insider credibiity" and then it being re-instated.

I'll go back to being humorless enforcer of the rules now.

doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Boston Bruno

Quote:
Hater..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

I would rather not give up one of the toughest players in the league, who gives us 20 plus hard minutes a night. Especially not for one of the most injury prone players in the league. I'd like Boychuk to stay a Bruin for years to come. I hope this doesn't go down.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote