HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

UFA frenzy 2012 Part 2: now with 46% less frenzy than the leading brand.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:28 AM
do0glas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
That's not what I said. I meant with kadri from a marleau deal.
right, but your kadri deal was esseantially demers, 2 prospects, and a first.

so my deal was without the marleau one, meaning we have those pieces currently and it wouldve been a done deal already.

do0glas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

DarrenDreger: Carolina Hurricanes are no longer persuing Rick Nash. CBJ believed to be after Jeff Skinner. Non-starter @NHLHomeIce

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Howson is smoking some of the good stuff

DrFeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Howson is pretty crazy. Looks like he will have to accept a heatley like lowballed offer

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Howson confirmed worst trading GM in the league?

"Okay okay you can have Nash but I need Malkin + Crosby."

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:04 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 849
Don't want Nash, cause I'm convinced Couture would be going the other way. Howson is saving all his brainpower to make ONE good decision as Jackets GM.

If I was DW's dad, I would say he is not playing with that Howson kid anymore.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:05 PM
do0glas

as i said in the main board howsen is asking for skinner

a 19 year old 30 goal scorer, then a 20 year old 20 goal scorer in 60 games?? is he asking for straight swap here? because realistically it should be nash +. just as it would be in a couture deal.

the guy is on 1.4 mill and RFA next year, so years/deal is actually going to be fair value.

howsen is smoking something.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

vCash: 116
Howson is playing such a dangerous game dude. I guess he has very little to lose, if Nash stays and plays like ****, what's the worst that could happen? CBJ last plac.... oh... right.... nm.

hateseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
TealManV
A man has said

Has anyone ever seen Howson? That guy has crazy written all over him! He even has the crazy eyes. I still can't believe he's kept his job after last season's debacle.

TealManV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Iron Chef

Howson is actually pretty smart to be doing what hes doing. He'd only be dumb if only 1 team was interested in Nash, but that's not the case. It's simple supply and demand. There's only 1 Nash and many interested buyers, so that keeps his value high. He's hoping that some GM makes a knee jerk move/caves and he gets the best possible return.

Now, at some point, he will have to lower the demands per the market value for Nash. But he doesn't have to do that now because its still relatively early in the off-season. It MIGHT come down to a Heatley situation where there's no way he wants him near the team during training camp, and he has to take whatever he can get. But I doubt it will. I think there are a lot more interested teams in Nash than there were Heatley.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealManV View Post
Has anyone ever seen Howson? That guy has crazy written all over him! He even has the crazy eyes. I still can't believe he's kept his job after last season's debacle.

HOOCH2173 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Howson is actually pretty smart to be doing what hes doing. He'd only be dumb if only 1 team was interested in Nash, but that's not the case. It's simple supply and demand. There's only 1 Nash and many interested buyers, so that keeps his value high. He's hoping that some GM makes a knee jerk move/caves and he gets the best possible return.

Now, at some point, he will have to lower the demands per the market value for Nash. But he doesn't have to do that now because its still relatively early in the off-season. It MIGHT come down to a Heatley situation where there's no way he wants him near the team during training camp, and he has to take whatever he can get. But I doubt it will. I think there are a lot more interested teams in Nash than there were Heatley.
The longer it drags on, the higher the probability that the teams currently showing interest in Nash decide to go in a different direction. Once that starts happening, that sinks his value.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

while i agree with your premise, i disagree with the execution.

however, we dont know the details of the conversations etc, we are relying on twitter. so we have to take it all with a grain of salt, but nash isnt the only winger in the NHL. weve seen JVR moved already, and we know there are teams that need certain things, and if he is making GMs basically walk away or hang up the phone repeatedly, he is toeing a dangerous line. consistently asking for a teams best player + for nash who may or may not be the right fit for your team should never fly, there are some bad GMs in this game, but i cant see it happening even knee jerk.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The longer it drags on, the higher the probability that the teams currently showing interest in Nash decide to go in a different direction. Once that starts happening, that sinks his value.
I agree, it can definitely go that way, but it can also make GMs cave depending on how badly they feel they "need" him. It's the classic negotiation game.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Why didn't he do the deadline deal with NYR? That seemed to be the best offer he's going to get for Nash. Most teams at this point are interested in Nash only because Howson brought up that Nash requested a trade. It's like going to a flea market and buying **** you don't need for super cheap because it's a bargain.

Howson is pricing himself out of the market HE created. (saying that Nash requested a trade). Look how Heatley situation turned out when Sens org brought to the public that he wanted a trade. It completely backfired.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

I doubt Howsen has the balls to enter the season with a player that openly asked for a trade. It's not good for either party, as the few hundred fans in Columbus will probably be upset with the player. As the summer drags on, I can imagine a case where Nash re-approaches Howsen and demands something gets done. So like Pinkfloyd said above, the value will decrease as the market shrinks and the window closes.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:25 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
I doubt Howsen has the balls to enter the season with a player that openly asked for a trade. It's not good for either party, as the few hundred fans in Columbus will probably be upset with the player. As the summer drags on, I can imagine a case where Nash re-approaches Howsen and demands something gets done. So like Pinkfloyd said above, the value will decrease as the market shrinks and the window closes.
Demers and a 3rd!

hateseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

Not many decent UFAs available - Semin, Kostitsyn, Doan, maybe Sykora. Don't really get why DWs not trying in this area.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM
sharski

at this point i think it's basically Howson & DW staring down each other to see who can resist making leading candidate for Worst Trade of the Offseason the longest... one of them will break down and cave eventually, it's just a matter of which one

sharski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, most of those twitter rumor mongers just make things up to get attention. There have always been Marleau rumors, mostly to the Habs and Toronto. With this specific rumor, you need to ask yourself, how does this make any sense? If we trade Marleau for space for Nash, who most reputable pundits say is a long shot at best due mostly to Howson's exorbitant demands, then we'd be left with whatever we get for Marleau and Nash but we would have given up Patty and probably Pavs and or Clowe+++. That doesn't make the team better, that would leave us with basically half a hockey team. Now it is possible the org has decided that we need major change and is trying to move Patty, but again doubtful due to DW's comments, his NMC, the fact that we need more wingers with speed, etc. If Patty is moved I doubt it would be for space for Nash, that would be way too much turnover and at that point we would be basically rebuilding which DW says he wont do, I think if we did trade Patty it would be part of a major make over for younger forwards. Also, there have been rumors constantly that Burke covets Clowe and sometimes Patty, its just something these twittery Eklund wannabes go to when they go nothing.
I just saw on thescore that the rumors are true, DW is shopping Marleau. It makes sense that its true because its no wonder he's been so quiet this week aside from signing Adam Burish. I just hope that IF Marleau does get traded (God forbid) that it's to Toronto and that the Sharks end up getting Nash. At the same time I'd hate to see the Sharks win it without Marleau . It's just too bad that trading Clowe and some picks and prospects wouldn't be enough for Nash because Columbus wants to get young forwards and Clowe is 29 and is not a very young speedy forward that the Jackets would want.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
I have to agree, Howsen has screwed himself over for sure. Onlyy way we get him is if his value goes down and the market closes and we're the last one their before camp with an offer.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
I just saw on thescore that the rumors are true, DW is shopping Marleau. It makes sense that its true because its no wonder he's been so quiet this week aside from signing Adam Burish. I just hope that IF Marleau does get traded (God forbid) that it's to Toronto and that the Sharks end up getting Nash. At the same time I'd hate to see the Sharks win it without Marleau . It's just too bad that trading Clowe and some picks and prospects wouldn't be enough for Nash because Columbus wants to get young forwards and Clowe is 29 and is not a very young speedy forward that the Jackets would want.

Link?

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:39 PM
TealManV
A man has said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Link?
If he saw it, there's not a link. It was probably scrolling on the ticker at the bottom.

TealManV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
HOOCH2173