HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Richards named OHL Player of the Week

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
flip588

vCash: 500

Created: Jan 10, 2005

The Ontario Hockey League today announced that Kitchener Rangers captain Michael Richards is the OHL Player of the Week for the week ending Sunday January 9 after scoring three goals and six assists for nine points in three games.
On Tuesday, Richards helped Team Canada to a 6-1 win over Russia in the gold medal game of the 2005 World Junior Championships in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Richards, Canada's team captain, returned to Ontario on January 5 and scored two goals and two assists to help the Rangers to a 5-1 win over the Brampton Battalion on January 7. He added an assist on the game-winning goal in a 4-3 win over the Saginaw Spirit on January 8 and finished the week with a goal and three assists in a 5-2 win over the Sarnia Sting on January 9.

Richards, a 19-year-old native of Kenora, has 17 goals and 41 points in 29 games this season. He scored a goal and three assists in six games with Team Canada at the World Junior Championships.

Source: OntarioHockeyLeague.com

Old
01-10-2005, 04:50 PM
CharlieGirl

You're one step ahead of me RuzickaFan!

Not a bad week for Richards...... a gold medal, a bunch of points, OHL Player of the Week, and a winger to play with!

Old
01-10-2005, 05:02 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
You're one step ahead of me RuzickaFan!

Not a bad week for Richards...... a gold medal, a bunch of points, OHL Player of the Week, and a winger to play with!
Donally?

AHAHAHA

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old
01-10-2005, 05:05 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Donally?

AHAHAHA

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
He beats the hell out of "I can't finish a single freakin' play" Voakes!! Update..... Kitchener picked up JM Rizk from Saginaw as well today - Richards WILL have a winger... we'll just have to wait and see how well either of these guys can play in Kitchener.

Last edited by CharlieGirl: 01-10-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old
01-10-2005, 08:41 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
He beats the hell out of "I can't finish a single freakin' play" Voakes!! Update..... Kitchener picked up JM Rizk from Saginaw as well today - Richards WILL have a winger... we'll just have to wait and see how well either of these guys can play in Kitchener.
McFarland has more points than either if I am not mistaken. I like Craig Voakes. good player.

Old
01-10-2005, 08:52 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
McFarland has more points than either if I am not mistaken. I like Craig Voakes. good player.
He may have more points, but let's face it, Rizk was playing with a team that doesn't score a lot of goals. Deboer has a way of getting so-so players to become important players - here's hoping he can do the same with these two.

Old
01-10-2005, 09:17 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
He may have more points, but let's face it, Rizk was playing with a team that doesn't score a lot of goals. Deboer has a way of getting so-so players to become important players - here's hoping he can do the same with these two.
yeah, here's hoping

Old
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Dizzy

You better hope Donally's not Richards' winger. Kelly insisted on playing Donally on the first line, which explains why the only time the Spits played well was when Donally was out of the lineup with an injury. Even with all his time on the first line playing with Windsor's best offensive players he only has 2 goals so far. Donally can kill penalties, you had just better hope he learns to stay out of the box in Kitchener.

As a Flyers and Spitfires fan, I repeat, keep Donally away from Richards!

Old
01-10-2005, 10:34 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggy2
You better hope Donally's not Richards' winger. Kelly insisted on playing Donally on the first line, which explains why the only time the Spits played well was when Donally was out of the lineup with an injury. Even with all his time on the first line playing with Windsor's best offensive players he only has 2 goals so far. Donally can kill penalties, you had just better hope he learns to stay out of the box in Kitchener.

As a Flyers and Spitfires fan, I repeat, keep Donally away from Richards!
Maybe they'll throw him on a line with Keefe..... that might be fun.

Old
01-11-2005, 03:03 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Maybe they'll throw him on a line with Keefe..... that might be fun.
oh, god, put Clarkson on the other wing and Donally in the middle. Teams would refuse to play against you.

Old
01-13-2005, 12:02 PM
CharlieGirl

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Michael Richards named CHL Player of the Week

Toronto - The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Kitchener Rangers captain Michael Richards is the CHL Player of the Week for the week ending Sunday January 9 after scoring three goals and six assists for nine points in three games.

On Tuesday, Richards helped Team Canada to a 6-1 win over Russia in the gold medal game of the 2005 World Junior Championships in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Richards, Canada's team captain, returned to Ontario on January 5 and scored two goals and two assists to help the Rangers to a 5-1 win over the Brampton Battalion on January 7. He added an assist on the game-winning goal in a 4-3 win over the Saginaw Spirit on January 8 and finished the week with a goal and three assists in a 5-2 win over the Sarnia Sting on January 9. The 19-year-old native of Kenora, ON has 17 goals and 41 points in 29 games this season.

http://www.chl.ca/CHLNews0405/0112.html

Closed Thread