HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Free Agency & General Offseason Discussion Thread: Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2012, 10:39 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose007 View Post
Alex Semin past 4 seasons: 271 points in 277 GP (NHL Rank) .978 pts per game (14) .44 goals per game (11th). +92 (4th amongst all forwards)

More Alexander Semin facts: +92 past 4 seasons. Only 4 players have a better +/-: Chara (108) Burrows (107) H. Sedin (106) D. Sedin (104)

Now give me a good reason why the Sens wouldnt sign him??
Why hasn't anyone signed him then?

Old
07-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Kuba last year -26
Kuba this year +26

Karlsson last year -30
Karlsson this year +16

Phillips last year -35
Phillips this year +12

Whats the difference?

Old
07-08-2012, 10:44 AM
moose007
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Kuba last year -26
Kuba this year +26

Karlsson last year -30
Karlsson this year +16

Phillips last year -35
Phillips this year +12

Whats the difference?
15th place to 8th place... It's when you have a player whos in the minus in a winning team now there is a problem

Old
07-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Alex Semin past 4 seasons: 271 points in 277 GP (NHL Rank) .978 pts per game (14) .44 goals per game (11th). +92 (4th amongst all forwards)

More Alexander Semin facts: +92 past 4 seasons. Only 4 players have a better +/-: Chara (108) Burrows (107) H. Sedin (106) D. Sedin (104)

Now give me a good reason why the Sens wouldnt sign him??
Foligno scores more points per minute than Semin -_-

Old
07-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Why hasn't anyone signed him then?
He hasn't gotten the right offer yet? You think it's just "oh, he's a free agent and he's not signed yet there must be something wrong with him."

Why isn't Shane Doan signed yet? Why did Parise and Suter wait until a day ago to sign? Clearly those guys suck, are locker cancers, and lazy too. Absolute losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
I hope this is a joke post.

TOI/Point Foligno: 25:33
TOI/Point Semin: 23:56
TOI/Point Alfredsson: 24 something

And last year was Semin's worst year of his last 5 by far but w/e.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
15th place to 8th place... It's when you have a player whos in the minus in a winning team now there is a problem
Yeah. And when you have high scoring teams guys #'s get inflated. Washington has had one of the higher scoring teams in the past few years.

Remember when Tom Priessing led the league in +/-??

Old
07-08-2012, 10:48 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Foligno plays against competition that is MILES worse than the competition Semin plays against.

Foligno plays against 3rd liners. Semin usually plays against the opposition team's shutdown players (along with Ovechkin).

Big, big, big difference.

.. Big.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Minister of Offence

Semin aint winning **** in this league.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
He hasn't gotten the right offer yet? You think it's just "oh, he's a free agent and he's not signed yet there must be something wrong with him."

Why isn't Shane Doan signed yet? Why did Parise and Suter wait until a day ago to sign? Clearly those guys suck, are locker cancers, and lazy too. Absolute losers.
Wrong on both accounts. Doan hasn't signed because he said he wouldn't until July 8th because of the Phoenix situation. Parise and Suter had their offers they took and better ones well before July 4th, they took their time making decision.

Semin hasn't signed likely because he's getting what he considers weak offers.

Quote:
Wrong, it's fact. 5-on-5 anyway

Old
07-08-2012, 10:53 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Foligno plays against competition that is MILES worse than the competition Semin plays against.

Foligno plays against 3rd liners. Semin usually plays against the opposition team's shutdown players (along with Ovechkin).

Big, big, big difference.

.. Big.
Semin rarely ever plays with Ovechkin except PP. 5-on-5 he faces weaker competition than Ovechkin, not top shutdown players, and still produces less than Foligno.

Old
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
moose007
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Yeah. And when you have high scoring teams guys #'s get inflated. Washington has had one of the higher scoring teams in the past few years.

Remember when Tom Priessing led the league in +/-??
Yep and Tom Priessing was playing with one of the best team in the league too... check the stats it's mostly a team in the top 5, but when your not there, there is a problem,

(out of subject, I remember swearing every time he was dumping the puck LOL)

Old
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:

Doan is waiting until right around now so he knows the outcome of the Glendale situation and whether or not he can return to Phoenix.

I'm surprised Semin is getting so much love on here, he's pretty much a *****, and by the sounds of it he wants a longterm deal. At least a guy like Bure gave Shane Churla an elbow he'll never forget.

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 07-08-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Filter circumvention
Old
07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Wrong on both accounts. Doan hasn't signed because he said he wouldn't until July 8th because of the Phoenix situation. Parise and Suter had their offers they took and better ones well before July 4th, they took their time making decision.

Semin hasn't signed likely because he's getting what he considers weak offers.

Wrong, it's fact. 5-on-5 anyway
You're so misinformed and blind when it comes to Semin it's embarrassing. How do we know that Semin isn't just taking his time making his decision? Also Doan hasn't signed yet and it's July 8th...he must just be getting weak offers. It's not like teams couldn't have given him offers during that time.

Also I posted the statistics up there. Semin scores more points per minute than Foligno. FACT. It was also during his worst post-lockout year. FACT.

Quote:
Semin rarely ever plays with Ovechkin except PP. 5-on-5 he faces weaker competition than Ovechkin, not top shutdown players, and still produces less than Foligno.
Again, you don't know the facts. Semin has a higher CORSI (which Ottawa fans love to use to prop up Karlsson) than Ovechkin. FACT. It is true that he rarely plays with Ovechkin which is why it's funny that he has better peripherals than Ovechkin, has put up such amazing numbers, and still faces tougher competition.

Oh well, who needs Semin anyway he would just make our team better for free.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
PKC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Doan is waiting until right around now so he knows the outcome of the Glendale situation and whether or not he can return to Phoenix.

I'm surprised Semin is getting so much love on here, he's pretty much a *****, and by the sounds of it he wants a longterm deal. At least a guy like Bure gave Shane Churla an elbow he'll never forget.
Why bother watching the games when you can use ridiculously stupid analysis like singling out a guy in a team game for his shots against per 60 minutes and for his plus/minus stat?

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 07-08-2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: qep
Old
07-08-2012, 11:07 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Yep - I'm convinced that anyone who wants Alex Semin on more than a 1 year contract has never seen him play.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

I'm curious what it would do to the lockerroom if we ended up signing Semin for more then what Karlsson makes. I don't think Karlsson would care all that much, but it would still be an interesting dynamic. I'm all for Semin at the right price, I just don't think Sens management and Semin's agent could come to any kind of agreement about what "fair" is.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
I'm curious what it would do to the lockerroom if we ended up signing Semin for more then what Karlsson makes. I don't think Karlsson would care all that much, but it would still be an interesting dynamic. I'm all for Semin at the right price, I just don't think Sens management and Semin's agent could come to any kind of agreement about what "fair" is.
I'm willing to bet if management offered a deal for 4 - 6 years at 6 - 6.5 he'd take it. It'd a good contract for us, too, as long as he stays healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Jimmy View Post
Yep - I'm convinced that anyone who wants Alex Semin on more than a 1 year contract has never seen him play.
This post seems ironic. You're convinced that anyone who wants who would easily slot in as our second best forward on the team for more than a year, for free, has never seen him play? Again I don't know why people talk out of their ***** so much on here. The reason I can only argue stats about Semin is because most of the people in Ottawa rarely, if ever, watch him play. He's a phenomenal player and probably the most underrated player on the board.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
You're so misinformed and blind when it comes to Semin it's embarrassing. How do we know that Semin isn't just taking his time making his decision? Also Doan hasn't signed yet and it's July 8th...he must just be getting weak offers. It's not like teams couldn't have given him offers during that time.

Also I posted the statistics up there. Semin scores more points per minute than Foligno. FACT. It was also during his worst post-lockout year. FACT.

Again, you don't know the facts. Semin has a higher CORSI (which Ottawa fans love to use to prop up Karlsson) than Ovechkin. FACT. It is true that he rarely plays with Ovechkin which is why it's funny that he has better peripherals than Ovechkin, has put up such amazing numbers, and still faces tougher competition.

Oh well, who needs Semin anyway he would just make our team better for free.
Dude it's 12 pm on July 8, relax about Doan.

Semin's ice time includes PP with Ovechkin and Backstrom, of course overall he scores more per ice time.

Ovechkin faces the shutdown lines. Corsi is based on shots right? Semin's slightly higher corsi means he faces competition that gets slightly more shots on net than the competition Ovechkin faces. That doesn't prove Semin plays against the best defensive players.

Neither Foligno or Semin face top shutdown players. Foligno produces more at even strength than Semin.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:

you did it worng, pls stop using stats you don't know what you're doing.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Semin aint winning **** in this league.
Well this is a far less intelligent/substantive post than I ever expected from you.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:13 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Well this is a far less intelligent/substantive post than I ever expected from you.
He's absolutely right.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

It's ok I'm not going to do this pointless arguing anymore. I hope that our GM just isn't as braindead as some of the people that don't think Semin would be a useful addition to any team given his track record.

Such a cancer yet he's played his entire career with one team. Has won multiple gold medals at the national level (which is why people think Rick Nash is such a gamer, right?) and does nothing but produce while facing tougher competition than most and putting up some of the better forward numbers in the league period over the last 5 years.

To each their own I suppose. I want the best team possible and getting a forward of his caliber for free definitely helps us take a step toward that direction.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Cujomi
Leeuw YNWA Ddraig

Quote:
you did it worng, pls stop using stats you don't know what you're doing.
So I guess you have no idea how to quantify points per minute but that's ok. If you don't understand those numbers it's fine.

Old
07-08-2012, 11:18 AM
moose007
Rookie User

I dont care what people say, Semi n has the sickest wrist shot in the league and will help our PP

Old
07-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
He's absolutely right.
Semin goes to Pittsburgh for 6 years. Semin scores 7 playoff points per year. In all likelihood, the Pens win a cup during one of those years. That being said, given the nature of the debate, I'm pretty sure MoO was just trolling.

Closed Thread