HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Data something's got me!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
cybresabre
Registred usre

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I can't even imagine how awful I'd be now. Haven't swung a club in like three months.
I've been playing a couple rounds of 9 a week for the past couple months, my May game would kick my July game's ass. I didn't have a chance to remember bad habits yet.

My brother and I played a course near Binghamton and it was my worst game in years.
Putting was a nightmare, I'd lip the cup and end up at the bottom of a hill. I blame the dry conditions, more specifically the 8am sobriety.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
The problem with working downtown Chicago:

TOURISTS. TOURISTS EVERYWHERE.

Went to get an iced coffee from the nearest mcdonald's....TOURISTS! Eating breakfast at McDonald's even though there are literally 100 better places to eat breakfast within 6 blocks.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:09 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post

Went to get an iced coffee from the nearest mcdonald's....TOURISTS! Eating breakfast at McDonald's even though there are literally 100 better places to eat breakfast within 6 blocks.
Try working at a heavily tourist-visited building in D.C. during the summer. I've managed not to go postal in the metro, but it's been close a few times.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post

What the hell is breakfast

Old
07-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Penalty Killa

Weekend plans, y'all?

Tonight we are having drinks at our friends' new backyard retreat. Pending how the tot does sleeping in a pack n play at their house.

Saturday afternoon is my good friend's son's first birthday party. That night, some of Clock's buddies are coming over for wings, beer and bonfire.

Sunday we are laying low and starting to refinish some of our bedroom furniture so it will match with how I'm designing the master bedroom in the new house.

Exciting!

Your turn: GO!

Old
07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
Weekend plans, y'all?

Tonight we are having drinks at our friends' new backyard retreat. Pending how the tot does sleeping in a pack n play at their house.

Saturday afternoon is my good friend's son's first birthday party. That night, some of Clock's buddies are coming over for wings, beer and bonfire.

Sunday we are laying low and starting to refinish some of our bedroom furniture so it will match with how I'm designing the master bedroom in the new house.

Exciting!

I'm being sued for $750,000. Guess I need to get a lawyer.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Weekend plans?

Tonight, my son has a sleep-over at his grandmother's, so the wife and I will be taking our daughter out for a bit of special time. We're thinking book store and then icecream.

Tomorrow... pool. Beer. Something.

Sunday... Naval Park with my wife's grandparents I think is the plan right now.

07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Let's see.

Tonight, running a 5K down in Lackawanna. Not the ideal time for it, but a friend wanted me to run one with her, and this is the only one that schedules matched up for.

Tomorrow, hitting the Taste of Buffalo really early with some friends to beat the crowds (and heat.) Then having some friends over for some quality pool time. Originally had a date scheduled tomorrow night, but I canceled it after she was started sending me 'I may have something else going on that night' messages this week. I have no time for that.

Sunday, my brother should be done moving his stuff out, so I can start cleaning up the disaster of a house. Will probably do some more work on some landscaping demo that I've been slacking on for the last couple weeks.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
I'm being sued for $750,000. Guess I need to get a lawyer.
What's this for?

Old
07-06-2012, 11:03 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Nevermind.

Last edited by HockeyH3aven: 07-06-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 11:07 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Long story incoming:

I have no idea what to do, that's more money than I'll probably make in my lifetime. I'm just so confused because I thought he already got money from the insurance company. I'm in debt as it is (student loans) and finally got an okay paying job (like $30k a year) but I have no idea what I'm going to do. I've been trying to block it out but I get random panic attacks when I just start freaking out about losing everything (I own basically nothing except my car and stuff in my room) and ending up homeless or something.
It's probably a bad idea to post your story online for legal reasons. Know that you're on the just side and have faith in the system.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:10 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
It's probably a bad idea to post your story online for legal reasons. Know that you're on the just side and have faith in the system.
Yeah, I just really wanted to type it out. I'll remove it.

But yeah, if anybody knows/is a lawyer I definitely need one.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Having caught your story before your edit, I'll say this much.

I used to be a volunteer firefighter. Did so for over 10 years. Also worked as a professional EMT in Buffalo. I've taken countless emergency vehicle operations courses, and taught one variant for 3 years that required about 100 hours of classroom and hands on time.

Get a lawyer. Have him/her study EVOC course material. From your description, the other party wasn't doing what they should have been doing, especially not given the conditions.

Good luck. But don't try to fight this on your own.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Having caught your story before your edit, I'll say this much.

I used to be a volunteer firefighter. Did so for over 10 years. Also worked as a professional EMT in Buffalo. I've taken countless emergency vehicle operations courses, and taught one variant for 3 years that required about 100 hours of classroom and hands on time.

Get a lawyer. Have him/her study EVOC course material. From your description, the other party wasn't doing what they should have been doing, especially not given the conditions.

Good luck. But don't try to fight this on your own.
Yeah, apparently channel 4 had the story posted on their website, and some gentleman said he was a former fire chief commented on it, saying that the way the scene was laid out was against OSHA regulations and the fire company could be in big trouble. I let it go because It ended up being a traffic violation and I felt horrible about the whole thing and just wanted it to be over.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look up what EVOC is and bring that up when I get a lawyer.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Yeah, apparently channel 4 had the story posted on their website, and some gentleman said he was a former fire chief commented on it, saying that the way the scene was laid out was against OSHA regulations and the fire company could be in big trouble. I let it go because It ended up being a traffic violation and I felt horrible about the whole thing and just wanted it to be over.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look up what EVOC is and bring that up when I get a lawyer.
Good luck buddy.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:53 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:

Yeah, it's a common problem. A lot of the members at volunteer companies, especially the more rural ones, pay almost no attention to things like this. They sit through the classes telling them what the laws are, do enough to pass the test, then promptly ignore everything they were just taught. They forget that things like vehicle positioning and proper scene control are their for THEIR safety, as well as the public. When they forget, things like this happen.

I can't speak to that department, or what their training is, but it sounds to me, based on what you wrote earlier, that they were not following what they had been trained to do, and you'd have a strong defense because of that.

Good luck with the case.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
It is NOT garbage day, man. 4th of July pushed it back!

Old
07-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
It is NOT garbage day, man. 4th of July pushed it back!
That's right. Garbage day was SUPPOSED to be Thursday.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Weekend plans, y'all?

Exciting!

I'm a bachelor for 8 days in a row for the first time in umm.... 25 years? I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing this weekend. Anyone know?

Old
07-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Clock

Quote:
Weekend plans, y'all?

Exciting!

Tonight I have to pretend that I like spending time with my wife's toolbag friends while toting a rugrat around. It'll be exhausting.

Saturday I get to pretend that I like spending time with my wife's friend and my wife's friend's own rugrat for an event he'll never possibly remember. Ugh. Later that night I'll be drinking all of my life's problems away in an event thinly veiled as a social gathering.

Sunday I'm being forced to paint some horrible piece of furniture a color that will make it even more horrible.

Christ, just kill me.

But really, looking to be a lovely weekend. Nice mix of social-ness and productivity. Can't wait to start doing these mini projects that are going toward the house. I try to front-load as much of that as possible, because god knows drive tends to decline pretty quickly after you're in a new place for a month.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Tonight I have to pretend that I like spending time with my wife's toolbag friends while toting a rugrat around. It'll be exhausting.

Saturday I get to pretend that I like spending time with my wife's friend and my wife's friend's own rugrat for an event he'll never possibly remember. Ugh. Later that night I'll be drinking all of my life's problems away in an event thinly veiled as a social gathering.

Sunday I'm being forced to paint some horrible piece of furniture a color that will make it even more horrible.

Christ, just kill me.

But really, looking to be a lovely weekend. Nice mix of social-ness and productivity. Can't wait to start doing these mini projects that are going toward the house. I try to front-load as much of that as possible, because god knows drive tends to decline pretty quickly after you're in a new place for a month.
You put the in the wrong place. It should've been:

Christ, just kill me.

But really, looking to be a lovely weekend. Nice mix of social-ness and productivity. Can't wait to start doing these mini projects that are going toward the house.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
I'm a bachelor for 8 days in a row for the first time in umm.... 25 years? I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing this weekend. Anyone know?
Well, by bachelor you mean recently divorced or wife out of town?

If wife is out of town, I'd suggest a nice poker game or some sort of social event with your guy friends.

IF you are recently divorced, I'd suggest finding your best wingman and hitting the local watering hole.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:22 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
- No pants
- Drink out of the milk carton
- Chilling on your chair, hand half-way in boxers Al Bundy style
- Cigars
- Video Games

Old
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Penalty Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
- No pants
- Drink out of the milk carton
- Chilling on your chair, hand half-way in boxers Al Bundy style
- Cigars
- Video Games
I really think that would be Clock's bucket list if Tay and I were out of town except replace milk carton with just disgusting amounts of disgusting beer.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Whiskey. Beer. Skip a shower.

Closed Thread