HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 Lineup thread (post FA period)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-30-2012, 10:53 AM
  #276
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I don't mind most of your line-up by why wouldn't Eller play the wing instead of Pleks and I think Moen will end up on the 3rd line someway, somehow.
In my view, Eller was abysmal as a winger.Totally lost his bearings. So quite ineffective. You try to switch a players position at the AHL level at the latest if he hasn't had prior experience switching places in the roster. It is just so evident that Eller is a natural center.

As for Plekanec, he has played wing. His experience, his play in all game play situations make it more plausible to shift him to the wing. It may be easier for him to adapt rather than having Eller do so.

At the NHL level, you cannot be ineffective.

That being said, having two centerman on the same line is not luxury. They will swap from time to time center duties which may be the best way to later on transition Eller on the wing if no other options remain.

To properly transition a player best surround him with quality veterans thus Plekanec and Gionta of which their play is quite effective.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
  #277
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Patch - Plek - Bourque
DD - Eller - Cole
Proust - Leblanc/Glachenyuk - Gio
Moen - White - Armstrong

The idea behing the first line is to put Bourque on a line where his linemates are good enough not to be held back by him and dynamic enough to make him produce even if he doesn't show up (also he's a right wing, and not enough of a warrior to be put with unproven players like Leblanc/Galchenyuk/Eller).

The second line i've put Cole the and DD as the scoring needs to be spread on two lines, those two together worked very well last season, as DD is the most creative forward on the team and Eller lacks creativity as a center, maybe not lack but could benefit from DD's creativity, the three should mesh well together.

The third line is a two way more defensive line, Gio being the offensive dynamo of the line, also the leader. Gio doesn't need much of a good center to keep on scoring he's a machine and a very good player to show the ropes to a guy like Galchenyuk or Leblanc. Proust would be good for 10-15 goals, same for Leblanc/Galchenyuk and Gio should be good for at least 20 goals.

The fourth line is plain and simple an energy line that the rest of the league will hate to play against.

I understand that spliting Cole and patch, puting Bourque on the first and Gio on the third could be debatable, but the idea is realy to spread the talent over the three first lines, hence DD at wing.

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Kaberle - Bouillon

The top-4 is magic, but the 3 pairing could use a Tinordi/Dietz.

You could also gamble with

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Emelin - Bouillon

The top-4 as a lot of skills, but you need Gorges to cover for Kaberle defensive liablity, could be the same dynamic as Komo and Markov, Gorges played RD with Gill, he was very good at it.
All sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Titanic. Deck chairs. If you know what I mean.

Good effort though. And I had no Idea the 19th century french author Proust was playing for us.

He's way too delicate dude, total Bourgeois, and he'll spend all his time writing long passages on how love is complicated, instead of elbowing Lucic in the teeth. Not a good idea.


bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 10:59 AM
  #278
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
In all likelyhood, this is what we should expect...

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.688m) / Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Petteri Nokelainen ($0.575m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($3.200m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Francis Bouillon ($1.500m)
Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.150m)
I like one thing here: If DD and Ell perform, Pleks on wing is interesting. Can't see it happening, but way better than DD or Ell on wing. Pleks might be smart enough to pull it off, and he's got the speed.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
  #279
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagielski41 View Post
Maxpac Pleks Eller/Gionta
Bourque DD Cole
Armstrong Gomez Gionta/Eller
Prust White Moen

Markov Subban
Kaberle Gorges
Emelin Bouillon

- gomez will make the lineup whether we like it or not, we gotta be realistic. i expect him to score 7g, 25a (IF he plays all 82 games) and just kill penalties with gionta. just forget how much he makes. nothing we could do about that. maybe he could be more useful as soon as we all stop expecting big games from him.
- we all know pleks desperately needs a winger like maxpac.
- lets give bourque a chance. also desperately needs better linemates.
- as for kabs, he needs gorges to be there to save his butt in case he gives the puck away
- emelin/bouillon pairing will be sick!
No idea on the lines, but Emelin and Cube could be very good. I agree. A forward hating violent pair. Cube too slow, but intelligently instructing Em to destroy, and then picks up the injured leavings. I like this pair.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:16 AM
  #280
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanMTL46 View Post
Mine for the opening game:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Gallagher
Prust - White - Moen
Nokelainen, Armstrong

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Bouillon
Diaz

Price
Budaj


Check out Galchenyuk for first 9, then make a decision to keep or not. Have a feeling Gallagher will come out of nowhere and make it. Try White at center with two big wingers, would be a terrific line. Make Kaberle, Bouillon and Diaz battle for the third pair and get Weber outta here.
Gals might stick, but do not want. Wait and see.

I agree on Gallagher, I think he might make the team this year. He's a little bugger that has no fear. Perfect for the NHL. I'm thinking no need for AHL for him. Make it or break it.

The other guy I could see surprising is Ellis. He might just make the team.

No other prospects will after that I think.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:43 AM
  #281
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Armstrong is Bourque's replacement - Bourque was AK's replacement afterall.
Gallagher will make the roster when Gionta leaves thru UFA or gets traded
Leblanc will be our 4th line center with Moen and White. As soon as Gomez is out, Leblanc takes 3rd line duties.

Which within the scope of the next 2 years will generate:

Pacs - DD - Cole
Plekanec - Eller - Gionta
Armstrong - Gomez - Prust
Moen - Leblanc - White

Pacs - DD - Cole
Plekanec - Eller - Gallagher
Armstrong - Leblanc - Prust
Moen - X - White

And we will be left with the interesting idea of trading either one of Plekanec or DD to replace him with Gally.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:46 AM
  #282
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
This thread keeps geting better and better.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 11:50 AM
  #283
Tom Terrific
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
IMO, after the 9 game tryouts to the prospects (Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi) and the dust settles, the lines will unfortunately look like:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - White
Nokelainen - (Weber)

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Bouillon - Emelin
Diaz - (Weber)

Price
Budaj

This will give us a chance of 7th to 10th place finish in the East.....

I wish Bergevin would take the excuse of "I'm a 1st year GM and want to build towards the future my way" approach and go with (gulp) a re-build:

Step 1: trade Plekanec + Collberg + 3rd round pick for home town flavor Jonathan Huberdeau. This will show fans and press that the future is more important then the yearly 8th place struggles.

Step 2 : trade Gionta,Bourque weber and Diaz for picks or prospects...build depth while weakining this year's roster a little.....just enough to be in the draft lottery for 1st overall next year.

Making the team not too unsimilar from last year with all the injuries and such.

Pax-DD-Cole
Moen- Eller- Armstrong
Geoffrion - Gomez - LeBlanc
Prust - Noke - White

Markov- Subban
Kabby-Gorges
Emelin-Bouillon

The team would be another "one line team" like last year, but with the chance of getting next year's #1 pick (McKinnon).....along with Galchenyuk it reminds me of Chicago drafting Toews (#3) then Kane (#1)...add a strong looking defensive core + Huberdeau, Gallagher, kristo, Pacioretty, DD, LeBlanc

finally you let certain contracts (kaberle) runout or continue to move the veterans (Moen) who have value in trades to build depth in the farm team. you move Gomez to the AHL or ECHL or Europe or where ever to make sure that the money saved on his contract will go to other contracts for extensions and such.

a few year's down the road:

Huberdeau - Galchenyuk - McKinnon
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kristo
Gallagher - Eller - LeBlanc
Goeffrion - Bournival - White

Beaulieu - Subban
Tinordi - Gorges
Emelin - Ellis

Price

Ah well, one can dream.....

Tom Terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:04 PM
  #284
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Terrific View Post
IMO, after the 9 game tryouts to the prospects (Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi) and the dust settles, the lines will unfortunately look like:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Armstrong
Prust - Gomez - White
Nokelainen - (Weber)

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Bouillon - Emelin
Diaz - (Weber)

Price
Budaj

This will give us a chance of 7th to 10th place finish in the East.....

I wish Bergevin would take the excuse of "I'm a 1st year GM and want to build towards the future my way" approach and go with (gulp) a re-build:

Step 1: trade Plekanec + Collberg + 3rd round pick for home town flavor Jonathan Huberdeau. This will show fans and press that the future is more important then the yearly 8th place struggles.

Step 2 : trade Gionta,Bourque weber and Diaz for picks or prospects...build depth while weakining this year's roster a little.....just enough to be in the draft lottery for 1st overall next year.

Making the team not too unsimilar from last year with all the injuries and such.

Pax-DD-Cole
Moen- Eller- Armstrong
Geoffrion - Gomez - LeBlanc
Prust - Noke - White

Markov- Subban
Kabby-Gorges
Emelin-Bouillon

The team would be another "one line team" like last year, but with the chance of getting next year's #1 pick (McKinnon).....along with Galchenyuk it reminds me of Chicago drafting Toews (#3) then Kane (#1)...add a strong looking defensive core + Huberdeau, Gallagher, kristo, Pacioretty, DD, LeBlanc

finally you let certain contracts (kaberle) runout or continue to move the veterans (Moen) who have value in trades to build depth in the farm team. you move Gomez to the AHL or ECHL or Europe or where ever to make sure that the money saved on his contract will go to other contracts for extensions and such.

a few year's down the road:

Huberdeau - Galchenyuk - McKinnon
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kristo
Gallagher - Eller - LeBlanc
Goeffrion - Bournival - White

Beaulieu - Subban
Tinordi - Gorges
Emelin - Ellis

Price

Ah well, one can dream.....
The only 9 games tryout eligible is Galchenyuk.

The other will be in the AHL.

danyhabsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:27 PM
  #285
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,870
vCash: 500
So now lets put one of the most effective center of this era on the wings... Way to go.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 12:56 PM
  #286
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
So now lets put one of the most effective center of this era on the wings... Way to go.
Well I don't know, it's not that stupid of an idea. Having Plekanec on the wing (where he started when he first broke out in the league) gives him less responsibilities 5-on-5 and I always find that for a center his playmaking abilities are not the greatest. If we were to play Plekanec in that kind of role I assume it would be to have a fresh Plek come playoff time. If we were to give a shot to that kind of experiment I wouldn't be against a Plekanec - Eller - Gionta line like suggested since Eller has shown in the post (although in an inconsistent way) that he can fill in and shut down elite players (think of the Vancouver game when he was shutting the Sedins down).

But at the same time it's kind of a dilemma, why ruin a good and guaranteed thing in Plekanec at center when you know what to expect. Anyway I feel like this year is the best one to experiment if we're gonna be a bubble team since all of our prospects are gaining solid experience in the AHL anyway.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 01:30 PM
  #287
Tom Terrific
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
The only 9 games tryout eligible is Galchenyuk.

The other will be in the AHL.
ok, so they go to the AHL for the year (except for Galchenyuk)....my mistake

The point is, one year's sacrifice with the core that we have now, get McKinnon, next year Galchenyuk and McKinnon + the AHL core will be ready for the NHL...3-4 years this is a powerhouse!

Tom Terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 03:03 PM
  #288
crazyd
Canada is hockey
 
crazyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Well I don't know, it's not that stupid of an idea. Having Plekanec on the wing (where he started when he first broke out in the league) gives him less responsibilities 5-on-5 and I always find that for a center his playmaking abilities are not the greatest. If we were to play Plekanec in that kind of role I assume it would be to have a fresh Plek come playoff time. If we were to give a shot to that kind of experiment I wouldn't be against a Plekanec - Eller - Gionta line like suggested since Eller has shown in the post (although in an inconsistent way) that he can fill in and shut down elite players (think of the Vancouver game when he was shutting the Sedins down).

But at the same time it's kind of a dilemma, why ruin a good and guaranteed thing in Plekanec at center when you know what to expect. Anyway I feel like this year is the best one to experiment if we're gonna be a bubble team since all of our prospects are gaining solid experience in the AHL anyway.
You are hitting the mark here: utilization.

In recent years we have overstretched Pleks usage. And we have been complaining that he is out of gas comes year end.

Lets keep his prowess has a center for the PP-PK. But 5-on-5, use him primarily as a winger. At off times he'll take faceoffs and finish a shift at center. But the idea is to groom Eller as a better center.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 05:35 PM
  #289
Dagistitsyn
Registered User
 
Dagistitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Terrific View Post

Step 1: trade Plekanec + Collberg + 3rd round pick for home town flavor Jonathan Huberdeau. This will show fans and press that the future is more important then the yearly 8th place struggles.

...

Ah well, one can dream.....
That sounds more like a nightmare.....


Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
  #290
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
First off, Gally will not be playing on the wing at ANY time. I wish people would stop putting this out there. ( and please no rebuttles about Seguin blablaba ).

Second off Army will not be sitting, so figure out how to get him in there.

Third off, Bergevin ( he is working very hard i have heard ) is not finished, so making line ups at the moment is useless.

Weber get out of here ? This is how you would manage a hockey club ?
I love these know-it-all comments. You know for a fact that Galchenyuk, who can play both wing and center, will never ever in his career play wing? Are you Miss Cleo? Don't berate people when you're just making an assumption.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:04 AM
  #291
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Right now i'm not really banking on any of the kids making this team out of camp.

Leblanc had some moments last season, but i think he will benefit from playing front line minutes in Hamilton for most of the season. He will be one of the first callups though if injuries hit.

Gallagher i see spending the vast majority of the season in the AHL. Maybe gets a few games here and there but i think he will need some time to adjust to the pro level. Also don't like the idea of having both Gallagher and Gionta playing the right side at the same time.

Galchenyuk is the wildcard. If he impresses during camp i could certainly see him getting his 9 games. I'd personally be shocked if he got anything more than that.

Lineup w/Galchenyuk's 9 games:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Armstrong
Prust-White-Moen
ex. Nokelainen/Gomez?

What happens after the 9 games would largely depend on Bourque. If he's playing well on the 3rd i'd keep him there, if he's struggling then move him up to Pleks line and either bring Gomez in to play on the 3rd or promote one of Moen/Prust to the 3rd.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:08 AM
  #292
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
First off, Gally will not be playing on the wing at ANY time. I wish people would stop putting this out there. ( and please no rebuttles about Seguin blablaba ).

Third off, Bergevin ( he is working very hard i have heard ) is not finished, so making line ups at the moment is useless.
How do you know he wont be playing wing at any time? I think that would be the perfect introduction to the NHL. Play him on the wing with solid vets like Plekanec and Gionta...gives him good rolemodels/leaders to ease the transition and you protect him a bit by not giving him more responsibilities than he needs at this point.

I do agree with your last comment though...i dont think Bergevin is done yet. But its still fun to project based on what we know we have at this point.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
  #293
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I love these know-it-all comments. You know for a fact that Galchenyuk, who can play both wing and center, will never ever in his career play wing? Are you Miss Cleo? Don't berate people when you're just making an assumption.
Berate ? Better open a dictionary, because no where in here did i berate anyone.

But calling me Miss Cleo is quite immature and is leaning towards berating.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:00 PM
  #294
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
How do you know he wont be playing wing at any time? I think that would be the perfect introduction to the NHL. Play him on the wing with solid vets like Plekanec and Gionta...gives him good rolemodels/leaders to ease the transition and you protect him a bit by not giving him more responsibilities than he needs at this point.

I do agree with your last comment though...i dont think Bergevin is done yet. But its still fun to project based on what we know we have at this point.
The reason i don't think you will ever see him anywhere but center is quite evident. Our centers are not contender quality. To contend we will have to revamp down the middle and Gally is a good start.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:03 PM
  #295
vokiel
Registered Settler
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,375
vCash: 500
Bergevin is not done yet?

There's the Free Agent PK Subban to sign then that's it. There's nothing more he can do with the amazing contracts we have on the books. Maybe sign Doan.. some pretty minuscule chance of happening.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
  #296
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Berate ? Better open a dictionary, because no where in here did i berate anyone.

But calling me Miss Cleo is quite immature and is leaning towards berating.
You presume to know for a fact that Galchenyuk will never play wing in his career, going as far as requesting people to stop talking about it

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 03:14 PM
  #297
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
The reason i don't think you will ever see him anywhere but center is quite evident. Our centers are not contender quality. To contend we will have to revamp down the middle and Gally is a good start.
Boston didn't exactly have an all-star lineup at center either, but they still started off Seguin at wing. Hasn't worked too badly now, has it?

And reading your earlier posts, you can't just request that a valid counterpoint not be made because you feel like it.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
  #298
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Terrific View Post
I wish Bergevin would take the excuse of "I'm a 1st year GM and want to build towards the future my way" approach and go with (gulp) a re-build:

Step 1: trade Plekanec + Collberg + 3rd round pick for home town flavor Jonathan Huberdeau. This will show fans and press that the future is more important then the yearly 8th place struggles.

Step 2 : trade Gionta,Bourque weber and Diaz for picks or prospects...build depth while weakining this year's roster a little.....just enough to be in the draft lottery for 1st overall next year.

Making the team not too unsimilar from last year with all the injuries and such.

Pax-DD-Cole
Moen- Eller- Armstrong
Geoffrion - Gomez - LeBlanc
Prust - Noke - White

Markov- Subban
Kabby-Gorges
Emelin-Bouillon

The team would be another "one line team" like last year, but with the chance of getting next year's #1 pick (McKinnon).....along with Galchenyuk it reminds me of Chicago drafting Toews (#3) then Kane (#1)...add a strong looking defensive core + Huberdeau, Gallagher, kristo, Pacioretty, DD, LeBlanc

finally you let certain contracts (kaberle) runout or continue to move the veterans (Moen) who have value in trades to build depth in the farm team. you move Gomez to the AHL or ECHL or Europe or where ever to make sure that the money saved on his contract will go to other contracts for extensions and such.

a few year's down the road:

Huberdeau - Galchenyuk - McKinnon
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kristo
Gallagher - Eller - LeBlanc
Goeffrion - Bournival - White

Beaulieu - Subban
Tinordi - Gorges
Emelin - Ellis

Price

Ah well, one can dream.....
Your proposed lineup is worse than Colombus' and much worse than last year's. Am I the only one here yearning for good hockey? I don't think I'd bother watching the Habs the entire year and would have to put up with the mockery of foolish nordiques fans yet again. When you say ''well, my team exists!'' and they can truthfully answer ''I don't think they qualify as an NHL team'' well...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:01 PM
  #299
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Your proposed lineup is worse than Colombus' and much worse than last year's. Am I the only one here yearning for good hockey? I don't think I'd bother watching the Habs the entire year and would have to put up with the mockery of foolish nordiques fans yet again. When you say ''well, my team exists!'' and they can truthfully answer ''I don't think they qualify as an NHL team'' well...
I think WestIslander has some competition.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:14 PM
  #300
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I think WestIslander has some competition.
Honestly the roster he posted is probably the worst in Habs history.

Pax-DD-Cole
Moen- Eller- Armstrong
Geoffrion - Gomez - LeBlanc
Prust - Noke - White

A healthy roster with Geoffrion on the third line and Moen&Armstrong on the 2nd line, are you kidding me?

Sure, we'd have 49% chance of getting MacKinnon at the end of it, or Seth Jones or whoever it is we'd pick at 2nd. Is the upgrade from that draft pick compared to the one we'd have without butchering the team worth burning one year of contract from every player we have + losing so many players? I'm all for trading a few players come trade deadline if the team is bad, thats one thing. Trading half of it so it gets torched&humiliated night after night is another. How many wins for that team? 20?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.