HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 Lineup thread (post FA period)

Old
07-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Rosso Scuderia

vCash: 500
Bourque-DD-Cole
MaxPac-Plekanec-Gionta
Leblanc-Eller-Armstrong
Moen-White/Gomez-Prust

Not a really good line up. Kinda wish to have Cammalleri back instead of Bourque.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 05:59 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Terrific View Post

Price

I wish Bergevin would take the excuse of "I'm a 1st year GM and want to build towards the future my way" approach and go with (gulp) a re-build:

Step 1: trade Plekanec + Collberg + 3rd round pick for home town flavor Jonathan Huberdeau. This will show fans and press that the future is more important then the yearly 8th place struggles.

Step 2 : trade Gionta,Bourque weber and Diaz for picks or prospects...build depth while weakining this year's roster a little.....just enough to be in the draft lottery for 1st overall next year.

Making the team not too unsimilar from last year with all the injuries and such.

Pax-DD-Cole
Moen- Eller- Armstrong
Geoffrion - Gomez - LeBlanc
Prust - Noke - White

Markov- Subban
Kabby-Gorges
Emelin-Bouillon

a few year's down the road:

Huberdeau - Galchenyuk - McKinnon
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kristo
Gallagher - Eller - LeBlanc
Goeffrion - Bournival - White

Beaulieu - Subban
Tinordi - Gorges
Emelin - Ellis

Price

Ah well, one can dream.....
Are you going to pay Bergevin's unemployment after he is fired for ineptitude?

The Montreal Canadiens are a business, not a fantasy league team.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM
shawdowmaker

If the Habs are serious about winning, major changes are expected
- Karberle, (Desharnais while he has value) Weber , Diaz, Leblanc, Nokelainin
Geoffrion
- We need more grit and size, the lineup we have will get destroyed in the playoff’s

shawdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 06:52 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
no it will not. We had a much weaker (physically) lineup against the Bruins in 2011, and we took them to game 7 in OT. 2010 we made it to game 5 of the ECF with a less physical lineup. Physicality is overrated.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:16 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
no it will not. We had a much weaker (physically) lineup against the Bruins in 2011, and we took them to game 7 in OT. 2010 we made it to game 5 of the ECF with a less physical lineup. Physicality is overrated.
But the end result was the same. No Cup.

This season will show the importance and effect of physicality. We will be much better than last season.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

This season will show the importance and effect of physicality. We will be much better than last season.
I hope so for sure, but I mean, you can be a good team without physicality.

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

You know I agree with the importance of physical play. But saying we'll do better without addressing the other needs is probably.. optimistic.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 10:53 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
You know I agree with the importance of physical play. But saying we'll do better without addressing the other needs is probably.. optimistic.
For the first time in about five years, yes, I am optimistic about the upcoming season.

I have been wrong before but I am enjoying the anticipation.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:29 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Hey guys...I don't want to hijack your lineup thread - but if you have any thoughts re: whether Price could step up as the #1 goalie in Sochi 2014, please feel free to stop by the Team Canada thread in the International Tournament board and push the conversation in that direction http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1203131&page=3

(btw - from a Hawks fan - awesome draft..you guys are so set right now!).

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Hey guys...I don't want to hijack your lineup thread - but if you have any thoughts re: whether Price could step up as the #1 goalie in Sochi 2014, please feel free to stop by the Team Canada thread in the International Tournament board and push the conversation in that direction http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1203131&page=3

(btw - from a Hawks fan - awesome draft..you guys are so set right now!).
He might, depends on next year's performance.

The old guard of Martin Brodeur and Roberto Luongo is out.

I wonder if Canada could have won a medal with Luongo in nets.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Roulin

I'm starting to wonder if, maybe trading Kaberle during training camp is not so far fetched? Once dmen start getting injured, there aren't too many options around the league. Remaining UFA's with at least 2min PP per game (Kaberle had 3:47) last season: Foster, Barker, Colaiacovo and Campoli... not a stellar group. Kaberle takes up cap space, but he's durable, can help the PP, and can hold his head above water on the bottom ES unit. As unimpressive as he is, I can see there being a team or two desperate for a stopgap with his skills for a couple of years. Of course, if Markov isn't healthy, that team becomes us again.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
shawdowmaker

Physicality is not overrated ask Plekanec and Markov two of our best regular season players for the past …years. Both have struggled in the playoffs due to the intensity of the game.

shawdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'm starting to wonder if, maybe trading Kaberle during training camp is not so far fetched? Once dmen start getting injured, there aren't too many options around the league. Remaining UFA's with at least 2min PP per game (Kaberle had 3:47) last season: Foster, Barker, Colaiacovo and Campoli... not a stellar group. Kaberle takes up cap space, but he's durable, can help the PP, and can hold his head above water on the bottom ES unit. As unimpressive as he is, I can see there being a team or two desperate for a stopgap with his skills for a couple of years. Of course, if Markov isn't healthy, that team becomes us again.
I have a feeling that Bergevin is not done with this team yet. I look for him to make a move or two before the season starts.

Old
08-02-2012, 12:37 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Good thinking. Kaberle is a bit redundant currently, we'd likely trade him at the deadline if its not during trading camp. I still have some hope that he might bounce back and play on our second pairing however (why not with Gorges or Subban? Someone that can really help him defensively). If he rocks training camp he should be kept.

Anyone seen this article from JdM about Kabby? Its in french, anyways he says he knows what Therrien teams are about and he knows theres gonna be a lot of character on the team and he's ready to chip in physically if he's asked to (lol). He also states that he was out of shape due to celebrating too much the cup win and because of his conditionning was always behind other players, which does make a lot of sense since he was gassed all the time.

Anyways he says he's training often and lost some weight. He's not THAT old and he was a very good player not so long ago... Heh one can dream right?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 05:27 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Anyone seen this article from JdM about Kabby? Its in french, anyways he says he knows what Therrien teams are about and he knows theres gonna be a lot of character on the team and he's ready to chip in physically if he's asked to (lol). He also states that he was out of shape due to celebrating too much the cup win and because of his conditionning was always behind other players, which does make a lot of sense since he was gassed all the time.

Anyways he says he's training often and lost some weight. He's not THAT old and he was a very good player not so long ago... Heh one can dream right?
Between Gomez,Bourque,and Kaberle,I think he's got the best chance to rebound from last season and contribute much more.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
Between Gomez,Bourque,and Kaberle,I think he's got the best chance to rebound from last season and contribute much more.
You can't really put Kaberle and Bourque in the same boat of Gomez. Two of them had off years, while the other has just lost it and can't produce anymore.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
You can't really put Kaberle and Bourque in the same boat of Gomez. Two of them had off years, while the other has just lost it and can't produce anymore.
Playing under JM's disgusting dump and chase style of hockey...Yawn !

He needs to play a possession style of hockey, i want to see him play under MT.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Playing under JM's disgusting dump and chase style of hockey...Yawn !

He needs to play a possession style of hockey, i want to see him play under MT.
There's just so much you can blame on JM's system.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
The reason i don't think you will ever see him anywhere but center is quite evident. Our centers are not contender quality. To contend we will have to revamp down the middle and Gally is a good start.
Well long term sure he's going to be a C for us, but if for some reason he was able to make this team out of camp don't be surprised to see him start on the wing.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
There's just so much you can blame on JM's system.

I understand your point and every other Habs fan, but i just want to see him under a new hockey strategy. If it dousn't work out after 6 weeks you bury him.
I just want to see one last chance with something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Well long term sure he's going to be a C for us, but if for some reason he was able to make this team out of camp don't be surprised to see him start on the wing.
I don't think he would be as affective on the wing, he is affective when he controls the play. If he is on the wing i would rather just bury him in the AHL right away.
Interesting to see MB's plan though.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Corncob

Quote:
If he is on the wing i would rather just bury him in the AHL right away.
Interesting to see MB's plan though.
Galchnyuk is not eligible for the AHL, you can either play him in the NHL or send him to Sarnia...

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Galchnyuk is not eligible for the AHL, you can either play him in the NHL or send him to Sarnia...
Exactly.
I'm really looking forward to seeing him in pre-season. He'll probably get to play the first 9 games of the season, at the very least. His play there will determine if he stays or goes back to Sarnia.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Danadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Yep, **** is getting overboard. Physicality is a nice plus, but it doesn't put the puck in the net as much as skills.

Danadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:12 AM
DAChampion

There's only so many offensive zone starts and PP time to go around.

Even if Gomez has the ability to rebound, he's not doing so without cutting into the opportunities of Desharnais, Plekanec, and Eller.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Exactly.
I'm really looking forward to seeing him in pre-season. He'll probably get to play the first 9 games of the season, at the very least. His play there will determine if he stays or goes back to Sarnia.
Well i think he will still have to earn those 9 games. If he doesn't stand out in camp and during the exhibition games then i could easily see the Habs just returning him to Sarnia.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote