HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 Lineup thread (post FA period)

Old
07-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
I dont see Gomez at all in our lineup unless he gets moved to a wing, he has no place on the 3rd or 4th line, it's pretty ridiculous.

Especially when Bergevin told the press that Gallagher had a chance to crack the lineup. Unless he trades someone like Bourque and burries Gomez in the minors but I doubt it. I'd give Bourque a chance with Michel Therrien as the coach, he's a big body and if he wakes up we're in business.

I'd get rid of Gomez and try something like this

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Gallagher (if he has a strong camp)
Prust - White - Armstrong

Then readjust from there if Bourque is useless and Gallagher performs, he gets promoted to second line.
Not an all star lineup but the bottoms lines are gritty, even though Gallagher is small he plays like a bulldog.
Are we cloning Plekanec?

I like the idea of Gallagher staying up (if he plays well in the camp of course) and playing on a line with Eller and Moen. I think they could make a really good combination. Moen makes room, Eller and Gallagher both like playing along the board, and they all don't mind going to the front of the net. If they click properly it could be a real sleeper line, especially when you consider that they'll be playing against the other teams' 3rd line.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:42 AM
la25ecoupe

Pax Gal Col
1st 2013 Leb Gal
Boz Ell Kri
Moe Whi Pru

How about we trade Gomez Plek Gionta Bourque Cole for 1st 2013?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:56 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Are we cloning Plekanec?

I like the idea of Gallagher staying up (if he plays well in the camp of course) and playing on a line with Eller and Moen. I think they could make a really good combination. Moen makes room, Eller and Gallagher both like playing along the board, and they all don't mind going to the front of the net. If they click properly it could be a real sleeper line, especially when you consider that they'll be playing against the other teams' 3rd line.
Why is there such a fascination with not giving Gallagher some quality AHL time?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Why is there such a fascination with not giving Gallagher some quality AHL time?
This is exactly whay I think. Especially as, while he looked feisty and bouncey during last years training camp what he conspicuously didn't do was show any actual production. In short looking exactly like he would need some quality ahl minutes to adjust to the professional game.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
habitue*

Let's just say that Bergevin is staying pat with what he has already on hand to start the next season... Even Gomez !

Having a guy like Ryan is a pipedream for the moment.

Bourque - DD - Cole

MaxPac - Plekky - Gionta

Eller - Gomez - Armstrong

Moen - White or Noke - Prust

Markov - Gorges (had played before on the right side with Markov)

Bouillon (good complementary for Subban) - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Diaz /Weber

Price - Budaj

fisrt call ups : Leblanc / St-Denis / Palushaj

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:19 PM
stefn
Rookie User

Markov - Gorges (had played before on the right side with Markov)

Bouillon (good complementary for Subban) - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

This is exactly how i see our defence.

stefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
5 with the habs ..
In the past 118 games Gomez has scored 9, but people still want him over Bourque...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:53 PM
durojean

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Moen Armstrong Prust
Leblanc Eller White

Markov Subban
Kaberle Gorges
Emelin Bouillon

Price
Budaj

durojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
I was expanding on his list, because he had Gallagher in it. But I did say that IF he had a good camp and earned a spot in the NHL then it would be good to have him on a life with Moen and Eller. I agree that it would be good for him to play in the AHL a bit, but if he plays amazingly in September why wouldn't we keep him up? But that applies to any of our players. If Galchenyuk tears apart his opposition in the training camp he'll stay in the NHL too.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I was expanding on his list, because he had Gallagher in it. But I did say that IF he had a good camp and earned a spot in the NHL then it would be good to have him on a life with Moen and Eller. I agree that it would be good for him to play in the AHL a bit, but if he plays amazingly in September why wouldn't we keep him up? But that applies to any of our players. If Galchenyuk tears apart his opposition in the training camp he'll stay in the NHL too.
Galchenyuk can only play in the NHL or the OHL though.

I think they'll be far more interested in having him play in the NHL, than Gallagher.

I just can't see Gallagher playing so unbelievably that they'll decide that after zero professional games it's time to play in the NHL.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:16 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post

we would be making off like bandits!

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
We would be the 'catcher' for a butt bandit!

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
loveblood20

Probable Line-up with Salaries
Lets look at the line up with the salaries

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
1.625- .850 - 4.5 = 6.975

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
3.334 - 5 - 5 =13.334

Moen-Eller-Armstrong
1.85 - 1.325- 1 = 4.175

White-Nokelainen-Prust
.678 - .575 - 2.5 =3.753

Extra
Gomez
7.357 total:35.594

Defense

Markov-Subban
5.750 - ??? (3.5) = 9.25

Emelin-Kaberle
2 - 4.250 = 6.250

Gorges-Bouillon
3.9 - 1.5 - 5.4

Extra

Webber-Diaz
.850 - ???(1) total: 22.75

Goalies

Price - Budaj
6.5 - 1.150 = 7.650

Total: 65.994 +/- 1M<

I know that Gomez will be in the line up, but I don't want him too.

Our third and fourth line are cheap and can hit, a big improvement over last year.

Our D-corp may be young but with the experience that Bouillon can add and last seasons experience they can only be better.

Our big question mark is has always the first and second line.

Will patches-DD-cole line reproduce the succes of last year?
Will plekanec be able to regain a good point production with Gionta healthy and, lets hope so, Bourque better in shape?

loveblood20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Roulin

Has Bergevin publicly ruled out sending Gomez to the AHL? I've seen a bunch of posts here implying that, but haven't actually read or heard any such quotes from the GM...

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Has Bergevin publicly ruled out sending Gomez to the AHL? I've seen a bunch of posts here implying that, but haven't actually read or heard any such quotes from the GM...
No, he ruled out buying him out after the buy-out date limit passed. So in essence he said nothing.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
My lineap would be:

MaxPac - DD - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Gomez - Eller - Armstrong
Moen - Prust - White
extra: nokelainen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Bouillon - Diaz
extra: kaberle, Weber

Price
Budaj
AKost in place of Gomez. Bouillon will scratched in many games.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:59 PM
j52

Go Mez go!!Please go!

j52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
habspinner

Hard to say with what we have on defense. I really think that there are some unanswered questions there.

I don't think that anyone besides Gorges at the beginning of the year can handle the big minutes and assignments that will be given Subban. That pairing played almost all the tough minutes last year, and don't see it being split up, besides for Markov - and even then, I think Markov needs to be still eased into things in the second pairing. So, who do you play with Markov? Are we not in the same situation as a while ago with a bunch of Dmen playing on the left side?

Kaberle, Emelin, Markov, Bouillon all play left side. Emelin was not so hot on his right side, and the other 3 are veterans and you can't expect them to switch and do just as well as their natural sides.

Now perhaps I'm wrong in reference of Bouillon, does he play on the right side as well?

As it stands, I'm not quite sure how to make the pairings, except to split up Gorges/Subban, but I also don't know how good of an idea it is.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Why do any of you even think Gomez will even have a chance to stay in the NHL next year?

Molson wants to give the new staff a real chance to put the best product on the Ice and that certainly does NOT include Mr. Gomez. The only way he stays is if the CBA does not allow a one time buy out of one contract per team, and I strongly believe that it will as history has proven.

As you all know the last few months of the Gainey/Gauthier era saddled us with two other bad contracts, one for Kaberle and of course Bourque.

If Bergevin can offload just one of those two contracts to a team looking to get to the approx $48 million floor, it will be a huge bonus in the offseason!

I think Bergevin is still looking for a big solid scoring 2nd line LW (everything we hoped Bourque) could be, so my lineup includes a hole. Lastly, Gally needs more time in the OHL for no other reason than he really has only one junior season under his belt and can't be sent to the AHL. Patience with this kid please!

So my thought is that Therrien will not break up a good line to start the season and he hopes to find scoring depth in the other lines.

Max --- DD--- Cole
LW---Pleky---Gallagher (my dark horse to make the team)
Moen---Eller---Gionta
Prust--White---Armstrong
Noki, Blunden

Subban---Gorges
Markov ---Emelin
Frankie--- Diaz
New 7th D ( possibly St. Denis)

Weber will be traded which is unfortunate, I think the kid will turn into a solid 4-5 if played regularly in his natural position, not the garbage he had to put up with under Martin and even Cunneyworth. People' think AK was mis-managed, at least he got to play his wing.

My last thought, this team is still a 6-10th place team, but give it some patience boys, the future is bright and getting even brighter. The two prospects I am really excited about beside the obvious prospects and that have not gotten all the attention.... Thrower, Kristo.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
Now perhaps I'm wrong in reference of Bouillon, does he play on the right side as well?
unless he's evolved since playing in Nashville he's always been terrible on the right side and great (unless paired with Dandenault as a second pairing) on the left.

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
unless he's evolved since playing in Nashville he's always been terrible on the right side and great (unless paired with Dandenault as a second pairing) on the left.
That's what I had understood as well. So who knows, maybe you run:

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz

With extras Weber and Kaberle.

Really, those two are not the ideal extras you want because they both are offensive type dmen, and less polished defensively. Then Kaberle is also a 4.5M contract not playing, can't imagine that working out, but Vancouver had a similar situation with Ballard.

As for the forwards, I honestly expect Gomez to be shuttled off somewhere if possible, if not, I don't know. I'm assuming he won't be part of the team come October.

Cole/Desharnais/Pacioretty
Bourque/Plekanec/Gionta
Moen/Eller/Armstrong
Prust/Noke/White

I think there is a chance that Leblanc gets tried on Plekanec's line, but I think there is a higher chance he gets time in the AHL to start the year - at least I hope, but then again, you would expect that they would keep a forward up in case of injury, and just because all these guys project healthy right now, doesn't mean they will be coming out of camp. So maybe you start the year with the following roster:

Cole/Desharnais/Pacioretty
Bourque/Plekanec/Gionta
Moen/Eller/Armstrong
Prust/Noke/White

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gorges
Bouillon-Diaz

Price/Budaj

Extras: Weber, Kaberle, Leblanc (yes, as I said earlier, I'm expecting Gomez to off the opening day roster)

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 09:37 PM
The Doors

Our defence is just as bad as it was offseason. Why?

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:56 PM
FeelsLike93

I'd like to start the season with these:

bourque-dd-cole
pacioretty-pleks-gio
moen-eller-armstrong
prust-nokelainen-white

But if that little experiment fails then put Pacioretty back on the Desharnais/Cole line and Bourque with pleks and gionta. If Armstrong has a good start to the season and deserves more ice time and Bourque is playing like a bum, bump down Bourque to the 3rd and put Armstrong with pleks and gio.

Then..

Markov-Gorges
Emelin-Subban (piss you off to play against)
Kaberle-Bouillon
Diaz (take Bouillons spot some nights)

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Galchenyuk can only play in the NHL or the OHL though.

I think they'll be far more interested in having him play in the NHL, than Gallagher.

I just can't see Gallagher playing so unbelievably that they'll decide that after zero professional games it's time to play in the NHL.
the argument can be made he should have made the team last year.

He was that good in camp.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:43 AM
Toshio
#FireTherrien

I truly believe that Galchenyuk will have a very strong camp and make the roster this season. Besides knowing our 10th game is vs the oilers, i dont think gally will be sent back to ohl and that both teams would wanna miss out on that gally vs yakupov matchup. Itll be HYPED. I know their development is bigger than some matchup but thats what i think will happen.

Oh, and Gomez will be in the lineup, whether we all like it or not. I dont like it but we have to be realistic.

Maxpac dd cole
Gally pleks gionta
Moen eller armstrong
Prust gomez bourque
White (i want him in the lineup but its just hes more likely to get scratched)

I also dont see gallagher making the lineup. He will show up during preseason but there's just just no place for him in the big club. i do think he should start in the ahl for now. Louis Leblanc will be the first callup when there's an injury.

Toshio is offline   Reply With Quote