HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

5 more years

View Poll Results: no playoffs, extension or not
yes 216 61.02%
no 138 38.98%
Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 10:00 PM
  #1001
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dundas
Posts: 27,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Fair enough. What is your opinion?
I would expect the part before "IMO"

EazyB97 is online now  
Old
07-20-2012, 10:03 PM
  #1002
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Fair enough. What is your opinion?
If you bothered to read posts thoroughly you wouldn't have to ask so many questions.

thebluemachine* is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 11:00 PM
  #1003
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
The Leafs don't have a ton of cap room at all. They will next season though if they let 2/3 of their roster walk.
Which is when the new CBA would start having an effect on signings....

The Apologist is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 08:08 AM
  #1004
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
I would expect the part before "IMO"
Which is why I asked. He made a statement without substance. He said he felt things were better but did not say why or produce any reasons.

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 08:11 AM
  #1005
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
If you bothered to read posts thoroughly you wouldn't have to ask so many questions.
I did read. You simply said things are great. Anybody can say that. I asked why. You continue the empty rhetoric. Obvious pattern.

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 08:46 AM
  #1006
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dundas
Posts: 27,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Which is why I asked. He made a statement without substance. He said he felt things were better but did not say why or produce any reasons.
He said this team is set up better for the future now than it was a short while ago. I'd assume the low average age, higher top end and better prospect pool are the reasons for that comment.

EazyB97 is online now  
Old
07-21-2012, 08:49 AM
  #1007
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
He said this team is set up better for the future now than it was a short while ago. I'd assume the low average age, higher top end and better prospect pool are the reasons for that comment.
Gatorade, much like Disgruntled Observer, lacks reading comprehension skills. This was proven last night in their hilarious attempt to "expose" thebluemachine, which failed miserably.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 08:55 AM
  #1008
CodeBlue*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
BB has added good pieces, ok who.

Lupes, Gard, Dion, Mac (kinda) ummm and.

Ashton , to soon to say a good piece.

Kessel is not what i would term a add, we spent big assets to get him.

JVR , just another swap of assets.

the rest of the list i would term (meh or just guys) i surely would not list them as good.
Now you're just being ignorant for the sake of argument. Kessel is a quality player, and by far the best player on our team. JVR has plenty of upside, how silly of you to dismiss that trade as just a swap of assets.

You also forgot our prospects, but then that would just totally destroy your already weak argument.

And yes, it is a fact that Burke has been adding good pieces. Just because you say otherwise without offering anything substantial does not make it true.

CodeBlue* is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
  #1009
Gatorade*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
He said this team is set up better for the future now than it was a short while ago. I'd assume the low average age, higher top end and better prospect pool are the reasons for that comment.
That could be his opinion. He refuses to state so who knows.

I however disagree if that is the case and am prepared to debate the merits of the prospects. If that is in fact his opinion.

Gatorade* is offline  
Old
07-21-2012, 09:42 AM
  #1010
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,672
vCash: 500
Thread has exceeded its 1000 post limit

closed

__________________
Signature: There is no greater demonstration of Fan patience then to suggest to "Play the Kids " and be willing to accept the consequences of those actions..
Mess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.