HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it's already reported | FA III

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Duffman955

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
You're right, he never signs soft players, just trades the future for them
100% guaranteed Burke will never sign Semin or trade for him. Care to place a wager?

Old
07-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
Well, being within the organization, I think Ryan would know exactly what was going on. If he feels he was being shopped repeatedly, I think there is truth to it.

Hell, even Dreger and BMac said that Anahiem has shopped him before. Still, seems like a stupid reason to ask for a trade.
He hasn't asked for a trade. He's expressed frustration at being involved in trade talks. I have no problem with Murray listening to offers for Ryan. That's his job. Burke would have done the same, and did. Ryan is an attractive player to a lot of teams, partly because he's so good, and partly because he's not so good that Anaheim would never consider trading him. If push came to shove, and the Ducks needed to move a valuable asset to bring in a valuable asset, well, Ryan is going to be at, or near, the top of the list in terms of availability. That's just the hard truth, and it's part of professional sports.

Now, personally, I can't say the same thing about Ryan re-signing that I can about Getzlaf and Perry. When it comes time to re-sign Ryan(I don't expect him to be here then, but for the sake of argument), I don't think Ryan would show the same loyalty to the team, or the area. He hasn't won a Cup, he's in the shadow of Getzlaf and Perry, and I think he would like to go to a team where he could be "the man" for them. Whether he could be that guy or not is another discussion, but I think that's what he wants. Unfortunately for him, I don't think he would be that guy on most teams, but that's probably something he needs to learn for himself. At any rate, I think Ryan's time in Anaheim has a departure date, because I certainly don't think the Ducks are going to feel great about their odds of re-signing him after some of his comments.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:24 PM
RaskY
LLKL's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
100% guaranteed Burke will never sign Semin or trade for him. Care to place a wager?
naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old
07-06-2012, 02:27 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
As I said in a previous post its extremely unlikely they'll limit the available term on new contracts and MUCH more logical that they simple instate a threshold that the NHL salary must be within relative to the cap hit. That way no deals can have these cheap years added on at the end, lowering overall cap hits.
I agree and by doing that your almost eliminating those 10 + year contracts anyway as it's the 3-4 years at the end that drop to a fraction of what a player would be getting in the first 6 or 7 that circumvent the cap.

You think teams will offer 10 years across the board 7.5 million? I don't, teams will be forced to do things the right way 5 year deals with the exception of special players who would get 6-7 year term max. It's just way too much risk going anymore than that IMO.

I also think there will be some type of change in RFA status in favor of the players in the new CBA IMO.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:28 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

You guys want to know where Ek got this crap about Getzlaf? Our very own DPyro either has the source, or Ek is copying garbage puked onto our own threads.

DPyro posts this 'rumour' yesterday,

Quote:
Rumour heard today is Franson, Kulemin and Kadri for Getzlaf
Puts it in quotes with out a source, as you see it here, and when questioned on it gives this as an answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Someone who said he's Kadri's cousin and friends with Van Ryn.
Then why is it in quotes?

I think if someone is putting 'rumours' like this out they should have to substantiate it with the mods like Chuck Woods did. Then we can discuss it for real.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
TrueBlue86

Transcripts from Luongo Interview:

Q: Did you limit the teams you could be traded for?
A: No - we really didn't have that conversation. Mike kind of threw it out there when we had our meeting at the end of the season. Mike is trying to do his thing and ummm ..

Q But you're not going to Columbus right ?
A: (laughs) Well I'd rather not talk specifics right now. There's a lot of stuff going on ..

Q: You can't go to Chicaco? Those fans there are terrible!
A: I Know, but I've always said I like playing in Chicago ...

Q: The Canucks signed your friend Cory Schneider to a 3 year deal last week. They seemingly had no choice or they would be in a bidding war on the FA market. Did anyone call you to get your thoughts on this?
A: Well no one called me, but that's to be expected. We've all seen Cory and what he as done over the last couple of years - he's a tremendous talent. The main thing that I like about him is that he has a good head on his shoulders and can handle the pressure of that market. He's going to be a star in this league, there's no doubt about that, I'm sure he'll win a few Vezina's.

Q: Is there any chance in hell that you're in a Canucks jersey this fall?
A: I would never say never, you never know. But we all know what is going on, we've all seen what developed. At the end of the day I think it's time to move on, and I'm okay with that. I've had a great 6 years in Vancouver. It's a wonderful city. I really enjoyed my time there. unfortunately i was not able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which will be my biggest regret. But it will be remebered for 6 great years.

Q: Is Vancouver a good place to play? In that market , when you go to the gas station, the attendent says "you suck" .... etc.
A: To be honest, I'v never had a negative personal experience with a fan. But you want to play in a hockey market. It's great to play to a packed house where the fans are passionate. That's what makes the game fun.

Q (from fan on phone): You played in 2 different types are markets in Florida and Vancouver. Is there one you prefer?
A: i think to play in a hockey market is great and that would be my preference. In Florida, sometimes it nice to go for dinner with your family and all, but when you're on the ice, you want to be in a sold out building that's rocking and the fans are passionate about their team.

Q: (Fan on phone) Would you go to Chicago?
A: Ah ... good one. Chicago is a great city but it has to work for everyone. There is more than just me. It would have to work for the teams involved.

Q: Steve Nash just left money on the table to go to LA, would you do the same for a particularl market?
A: I can't really leave anything on the table as my contract is set. It is what it is, and maybe that's a handicap for me right now as far as being able to decide how many team are intersted. There are a few team that I would be willing to look at. Florida is where my familiy is. But there are other cities and I have to think about how many years are left in my career.

Q: Could you go to Chicago and enjoy that Chelsea Dagger Song?
A: I actually kind of like that song, I mean I heard it 7 times in one game, it grows on you.

Q: Is it just a verball agreement that you would waive your NTC? Is it within your rights to choose to stay in Vancouver.
A: It is within my rights, but I think it's time to move on. I didn't demand a trade, and Mike didn't suggest i leave, it was more of a mutual understanding.

Q (fan): Would you go to Florida? Are there other options?
A: Florida is one of the spots I'd be willing to go to. I have talked to much with Mike. he keeps me updated and when something is close I will have to make a decision.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Winreims

So Getzlaf only has just one more year left on his contract? Ughh risky to trade a lot for a guy that could walk a year from now.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Easy fella. You got me all wrong.

I wasn't putting them in any deal for anyone.

I was simply stating, that of the 3 of them, Blacker is the last guy I put in the proposal, and it's not even close.

I wouldn't put any of them in a deal for Lu. That would be like punching your own face....

I wish I could figure out how to get the actual video on here rather than just the link...

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 07-06-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: i edited the youtube link, check it out how it is done.
Old
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
Q: Could you go to Chicago and enjoy that Chelsea Dagger Song?
A: I actually kind of like that song, I mean I heard it 7 times in one game, it grows on you.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:38 PM
ALine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 View Post
Transcripts from Luongo Interview:

-cut-
When/where is this interview from?

Last edited by ALine: 07-06-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old
07-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

thansk for posting the transcripts I was reading the article on TSN too... This was from a Vancouver radio station today.

Lou is basically gonna be a Leaf (which he seems excited about) or a Panther (which brings him home)

Burke needs to make this move there shouldn't be any question about it.

If the Leafs could bring in Getzlaf & Lou I think there summer would take the cake in the NHL and make the team an Instant playoff lock!

Old
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Ma1GXuao4

I wish I could figure out how to get the actual video on here rather than just the link...
Use the YouTube button at the top of the edit window and paste the 'N9Ma1GXuao4' part of the url in between the [YT] tags

Old
07-06-2012, 02:49 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
With Luongo alone we are a playoff team.
Better suited to sustain a strong start like last year but no lock for a playoff spot. We need a consistent 2nd line for starts to produce and the team as a whole needs to drastically improve it's board play both in the D zone and the O zone.

Where a Luango would have it's greatest impact for improvement will be on the PK

Old
07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Drew311
Play Me

I can see it now. Luongo gets traded to Toronto and he has one of his trademark disastrous Octobers, causing the team to start 2-10-1.

Leafs fans then burn down the ACC and the team moves to New Mexico.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Just to get people's hopes up...Perry is from Peterborough and spends his summer's in London. Toronto is right in the middle of the two

Closed Thread