HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

vCash: 500
It's like someone trying to trade a $100 bill for a two $50 bills, a 20 bill, and three $10 bills.

He has lost it.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
There's valuing your players and getting excited for your prospects, which is understandable, and then there's what Ranger fans do on this thread. Every young roster player is an "untouchable" future superstar, every prospect is a sure fire NHL top liner or top pairing defenseman...
Because Del Zotto hasn't scored about 40 points in 2 of his first 3 seasons and although I think +/- is a deceptive stat at times, he was a +22 and finished 12th in Norris voting.

So I hope you're not including Del Zotto in that. Girardi and McDonagj also finished top-10 in Norris voting.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Those requests aren't accurate... why are people getting so upset over them?

For instance, with the NYR RUMORED demand, it was SOME COMBINATION OF. That doesn't mean all of them. And Portzline has since stated that Howson has not demanded Kreider, McDonaugh, OR Stepan.

Yeesh, before freaking out about something people need to verify the validity of the post...

Old
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
lefty2time*

If it was Vancouver, he'd ask for the following
(his thoughts in brackets)

Luongo (negative trade value)
Kesler (came off an injury, didnt score 30 goals last year)
Edler (good young guy)
Hansen (to make up for Luongo's negative trade value)
1st rnd pick (to make up for the fact Edler isnt a no.1 dman)
Prospect Jensen/Schroeder/Lack/Gaunce (just to even things out)

Old
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Because I'm an angry person in general

Old
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:

For instance, with the NYR RUMORED demand, it was SOME COMBINATION OF. That doesn't mean all of them. And Portzline has since stated that Howson has not demanded Kreider, McDonaugh, OR Stepan.

Yeesh, before freaking out about something people need to verify the validity of the post...
how do you think these guys have a job? It is because of people like those who frequent these boards.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
It is too bad Columbus isn't more of a hockey market. If this happened in Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, Boston, Ottawa, etc then the fans would already have driven the GM out of town.

Matt Millen, Mike Milbury and Scott Howson make up the Holy Trinity of horrible General Managers in sports over the last 15-20 years.
In 1 year (since the Carter trade) Howson brought to Columbus: Letestu for 4th rounder, Bobrovsky for picks, Nikitin for the Jackets 6th defenceman, Foligno for Methot, Jack Johnson for Carter+1st, Gillies from waivers, signed Aucoin, drafted Murray.

I've asked Howson's bashers at the Jackets forum and didn't get any responses, so now I wanna ask you - can you point at any one bad move he's made over the last year? Why he has to go?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
how do you think these guys have a job? It is because of people like those who frequent these boards.
Seriously, people just like feeling they, themselves, are superior to a professional GM in the NHL. So they just pile on at every opportunity without facts or figures.

It's pretty sad. I could say that Howson demanded Crosby and Letang for Nash and posters like Rainbow Express would believe it.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
In 1 year (since the Carter trade) Howson brought to Columbus: Letestu for 4th rounder, Bobrovsky for picks, Nikitin for the Jackets 6th defenceman, Foligno for Methot, Jack Johnson for Carter+1st, Gillies from waivers, signed Aucoin, drafted Murray.

I've asked Howson's bashers at the Jackets forum and didn't get any responses, so now I wanna ask you - can you point at any one bad move he's made over the last year? Why he has to go?
Don't forget trading a 5th-rounder for James Wisniewski.

Old
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
It is too bad Columbus isn't more of a hockey market. If this happened in Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, Boston, Ottawa, etc then the fans would already have driven the GM out of town.
Oh please. Columbus fans have been protesting and calling for the ouster of Howson for several months. The media has been calling for his head. The difference between Detroit and Columbus is that your ownership group isn't arrogant enough to think they shouldn't be bullied by their fans to make ANY move.

Old
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Quote:
Says who? You? What major sports network or newspaper do you work for?

I provided links. I suggest you do the same.

Quote:
Darren Dreger tweets at Portzline and says, CBJ should let the NYR know that. Multiple scenarios have been pitched by NY and turned away.
Who's lying?

Howson turned down a massive package of Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas and a 1st round pick.

Then he tells Portzline he never wanted McDonagh, Stepan or Kreider.

Then who does he want? RB on the rangers board joked "Callahan?"

There's nobody left. If he doesn't want the aforementioned 3, and doesnt want the Dubinsky package, then who the hell is Howson asking for? Staal? Gaborik? Rupp?

Dreger clowned Portzline/Howson in one fell swoop. Lot of that going around since February.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:40 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Seriously, people just like feeling they, themselves, are superior to a professional GM in the NHL. So they just pile on at every opportunity without facts or figures.

It's pretty sad. I could say that Howson demanded Crosby and Letang for Nash and posters like Rainbow Express would believe it.
All I know is that it has been about 6 months since Rick Nash's name hit the block, and he still has not been traded.

I wonder why.....

Old
07-04-2012, 05:40 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Don't forget trading a 5th-rounder for James Wisniewski.
That was more than a year ago

Old
07-04-2012, 05:41 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:

Let's ask his hand-picked coach (who was still employed at the start of last season) Scott "Just Keep Piling On" Arniel. For every good move you mention, I can counter with AT LEAST one bad one over his tenure. Nash wants to leave because he's lost faith that the front office can assemble a playoff-caliber roster. And with Steve Mason still in our net, who could argue?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:42 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

I understand it's a tough time for Jackets fans. Take a lesson from Rangers fans who had to deal with horrid front office ineptitude for decades -- It's OK to criticize your GM. You don't have to defend your GM. He's ruined your team and it's time for a change.

I really wish some of the Howson requests are made up.

They're not.

Old
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
It's very simple. Because we, tucked away in an area that most people can't find on a map, have Rick Nash. Many people around the league want him. But because of who we are and where we live, we don't deserve Rick Nash. It's nothing but the same tired crap about how we don't deserve nice things...Rick Nash, an NHL team at all, and so on.

Old
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Says who? You? What major sports network or newspaper do you work for?

I provided links. I suggest you do the same.

Who's lying?

Howson turned down a massive package of Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas and a 1st round pick.

Then who does he want? RB on the rangers board joked "Callahan?"

There's nobody left. If he doesn't want the aforementioned 3, and doesnt want the Dubinsky package, then who the hell is Howson asking for? Staal? Gaborik? Rupp?

Dreger clowned Portzline/Howson in one fell swoop. Lot of that going around since February.
No he didn't at all. First of all, Portzline reports what Howson tells him. If Howson lied to Portzline, then I fail to see how that is Portzline's fault.

I'm not defending Howson because I like Howson. I hate Howson and was at the protest to have him removed (although that wasn't the official reason of the rally). I'm saying it because you don't know what you're talking about and cannot properly comprehend what is written in the links you provided.

Second, you completely failed to read the quotes from each link you posted. Look at the NYR one, it does not say that he asked for all three of McD, Stepan, and Kreider.

Old
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
That was more than a year ago
True, but it was post-Carter.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:43 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Oh please. Columbus fans have been protesting and calling for the ouster of Howson for several months. The media has been calling for his head. The difference between Detroit and Columbus is that your ownership group isn't arrogant enough to think they shouldn't be bullied by their fans to make ANY move.
Ok, fair enough. Obviously, I am not there in the heat of the battle and don't know (apart from the small protest outside the arena in the fall) what measures have been taken to oust Howson and co.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Doug19

Quote:

Matt Millen, Mike Milbury and Scott Howson make up the Holy Trinity of horrible General Managers in sports over the last 15-20 years.
You people are way off base. I'm sure there are plenty of us Columbus fans happy Howson isn't going to take the **** you guys propose on here that doesn't fill any needs what-so-ever. It's cute how the other fan bases worry about us though, seriously you can all stop that at any time.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
S

I don't consider that a massive package, and Portzline never reported that. He said Howson hadn't demanded McDonagh, Stepan, or Kreider--which could just as easily mean he told Sather one of them had to be included at the Rangers' choice.

(Or, he could have simply asked for MDZ rather than Erixon--which was pretty much the consensus at the deadline, if I recall correctly).

Old
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Crede777
Deputized

What this GWOW guy wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW
NYR --Dubinsky, Kreider, one of MDZ/McDonagh, one of Stepan/Hagelin, and 1st rounders in 2012 and 201
What the link he's referencing says:

Quote:
It was believed to include Brandon Dubinsky and some combination of forwards Derek Stepan, Carl Hagelin and Chris Kreider and defensemen Ryan McDonagh and Michael Del Zotto, in addition to a first-round draft choice or two.
What he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW
BOS -- Seguin, Lucic. Hamilton, prospects and picks
His reference:
Quote:
... the Bruins were informed a deal would take two players from a group of three including Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton or Milan Lucic, as well picks and prospects.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Ok, fair enough. Obviously, I am not there in the heat of the battle and don't know (apart from the small protest outside the arena in the fall) what measures have been taken to oust Howson and co.
Considering that we're not across the bridge from Canada and not an Original Six, it's a pretty damn good hockey market actually. The ownership group, however, is far from major league.

Yes, Scott Howson is our Matt Millen. That doesn't mean Michigan is a bad football market because it took you so long to can his ass. We know better in Columbus.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:

I do agree that the Carter/JJ deal was a good one... but off the top of my head here are a few:

Howson thinking that Bob is the right man to handle full-time net minding duties in Columbus of all places.

Declining a trade with NYI for EVERY one of their draft picks for just one of his.

Declining the rumored NYR deadline package for Nash...

Just a few off the top of my head, anyone else feel free to add.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:

That's a massive package of quantity but that's a bad package for Rick Nash. Dubinsky is a 3rd line center making 4.2 cap hit and backloaded contract, of course the Rangers want to dump him off so they don't got to pay him the 4.65 a year in real money . The 1st will be a late 1st, Erixon and Miller are good but not great prospects and Thomas took a step back. Rangers aren't getting Nash for these type of packages, you want a big time winger like Nash it's going to cost you a Stepan or Kreider end of discussion. You wanna say those 2 are untouchable for Nash? Then your not getting him, Columbus wants quality not quantity.

Closed Thread