HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 07:12 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Are you a Pens fan? or maybe a CBJ fan? Or both? It says you live in Columbus but your avatar tells me that you're a Pens fan, correct?
Why is this relevant?

I'm a Penguins fan who grew up in eastern Ohio rooting for the Pens before the Blue Jackets existed. Now, would you mind addressing any of the points I made? It's funny, I see people using the same arguments all day in this thread.. about points and point totals declining. I tried to bring something different to the table and the only response I get is about my avatar conflicting with my location. Hilarious.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
That's cool. I'm just encouraging people to dig a little deeper. If the article says "It has been said that..." people should be interested to know specifically who said it, as that can have a large effect on the credibility of the statement.
Okay. Thanks for helping me out Professor. Should I fix the bibliography as well?

I wasn't the one who brought it up, all I did was provide the link. You're trying to cut my head off over nothing.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I don't think it's got anything to do with that. In today's cap world, with the way the market is right now, 7.8 isn't too bad a deal for Nash. It's a slight overpayment, but nothing too glaring. If a team can accommodate 6.8 million for Nash, they'd accommodate 7.8 for him.

What's keeping Nash in Columbus is some combination of Howson's trade demand and Nash's NTC.
No doubt.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Why is this relevant?

I'm a Penguins fan who grew up in eastern Ohio rooting for the Pens before the Blue Jackets existed. Now, would you mind addressing any of the points I made? It's funny, I see people using the same arguments all day in this thread.. about points and point totals declining. I tried to bring something different to the table and the only response I get is about my avatar conflicting with my location. Hilarious.
Honestly I was too tired too read your comments haha sorry . Never seen you before and I'm getting quite tired (going off soon) and I didn't recognize you so I was just wondering if you were a bandwagoner, which you're clearly not after reading your comment .

Old
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Honestly I was too tired too read your comments haha sorry . Never seen you before and I'm getting quite tired (going off soon) and I didn't recognize you so I was just wondering if you were a bandwagoner, which you're clearly not after reading your comment .
Haha, fair enough, and thanks for not calling me a bandwagoner.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Stasis
Mad Decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Because that's not WHAT GOOD ORGANIZATIONS DO.

Good Organizations do not rush players to the NHL before they are ready.

Good ORGANIZATIONS do not gut the core of their roster (Dubinsky, Kreider/Stepan, Hagelin) for one player and hope that a couple of rookies save the day.

We are not going to pull a Filatov

bazinga
Awww, now I miss BBT even more =/

Old
07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
650X2

Quote:
Was supposed to say: There's at least 30 (probably more) players I'd rather have in this league instead of Nash.

Especially when you take points, caphit and possibly age into consideration.
That's all fine and well but how many of them have been available via trade in the past 5 or next 5 years.

In all honesty CBJ fans are probably overvaluing Nash but many on here as also undervaluing him. Which means the "value" is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't think Howson(read: Patrick) has to lower his price and I don't think he will. If someone wants Nash, they will sweeten the pot enough or come up with compromise.

I don't think some of the trades are that far off and a trade will happen soon. Otherwise more teams would be out of it by now.

It will be interesting to see what the price really is once he is trade because honestly I doubt any of the media including Darren Dreger have any idea. It will also be interesting to see if the CBJ for for best value or team needs.

Ok, I am done rambling.

Old
07-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Robert Theodorson

Nash can do the dastardly thing and refuse to play in a Blue Jackets uniform, thus driving his price down and with it Howson's outrageous demands.

Am I the only one that thinks that the Columbus GM isn't playing with a full deck of cards and this could drag on for a few more months?

Old
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
That's all fine and well but how many of them have been available via trade in the past 5 or next 5 years.

In all honesty CBJ fans are probably overvaluing Nash but many on here as also undervaluing him. Which means the "value" is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't think Howson(read: Patrick) has to lower his price and I don't think he will. If someone wants Nash, they will sweeten the pot enough or come up with compromise.

I don't think some of the trades are that far off and a trade will happen soon. Otherwise more teams would be out of it by now.

It will be interesting to see what the price really is once he is trade because honestly I doubt any of the media including Darren Dreger have any idea. It will also be interesting to see if the CBJ for for best value or team needs.

Ok, I am done rambling.
I think that sums everything up.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballislife2 View Post
is kadri, colborne, bozak, 1st good for nash? sounds like a lot actually
In short, no. We need roster players, mostly in the form of top 6 forwards, which this really does not bring. We want to avoid a prospect heavy package, and what is this again? Yeah, exactly that. Quantity does not equal quality good sir.

Last edited by 36kap36: 07-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old
07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Keep it on topic otherwise I'm going to start handing out infractions for off topic posts.

07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
we want the cup 94

Dubi #'s

07-08 gp - 82 ... G-14 ... A-26 ...P-40
08-09 82 13 28 41
09-10 69 20 24 44
10-11 77 24 30 54
11-12 77 10 24 34

Talent Analysis for JT Miller from Hockey Futures

Miller is an excellent two-way player, with some offensive upside. A good face-off man, he plays well along the boards and in tight areas.
Future

Originally committed to attending North Dakota to play college hockey, Miller has signed an NHL entry-level contract and agreed to join the OHL's Plymouth Whalers for the 2011-12 season. Drafted out of the NTDP, Miller will not be subject to the age restrictions of those drafted from the CHL. Therefore, he will be eligible to play professional hockey after the 2011-12 season. His potential is to become a second line forward in the NHL, but is two to three years from being ready for that role.

Christian Thomas
2010-11: Thomas was the leading scorer for a resurgent Oshawa Generals club that returned the OHL playoffs after a two-year absence. Thomas scored 54 goals with 45 assists and was +20 with 38 PMs in 66 games for the Generals. He scored 19 goals on the power play. In 10 OHL playoff games Thomas scored 4 of his 9 goals on the power play and had 9 assists. He finished +8 in the playoffs with 4 PMs.
Talent Analysis

Thomas is an undersized, high skill forward, with excellent speed and outstanding hands. He has the potential to be an elite scorer in the NHL, however, he will need to build greater body strength to be successful in the NHL.
Future

After a tremendous 2010-11 season in the OHL, Thomas is arguably ready for professional play. However, given his age, the current rules make that unlikely. Expect Thomas to return to the OHL for one more season.

Tim Erixon
Talent Analysis

Erixon is a smart defenseman who plays a solid two-way game. He can quarterback a power play, but is not strictly an offensive blueliner. Erixon has a heavy shot, sees the ice very well, passes well, and is very responsible in his own zone.
Future

Erixon will compete for an NHL roster spot this Fall and is expected to make the Rangers squad out of camp. He is projected to be a first or second pairing blueliner.

Now if a team was in a ( REBUILD ) mode you would want prospects to come in when your vets leave . Correct ... well if the BJs knew how to run a team they would understand this ... Also those who have something to say about our prospects thats what Hockey Futures have to say about the three guys we had in a package for Nash . Read you guys might learn a thing or two about Prospects .

As For Dubi those on top are his numbers he had 1 bad off year it happens . The kid is also 26 plenty of time and hasnt reached his peak yet . Those are a few guys you would want to build around to help your team during a REBUILD . We dont want to REBUILD because we have our CORE of players or they wouldnt be TRADE BAIT . Us going after Nash now is to help now not 2 years down the line .

The faster You guys understand the fact that you will be bottom feeders the faster your rebuilding process will go .. Maybe you will see the playoffs sooner rather then later

Old
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Dubi #'s

07-08 gp - 82 ... G-14 ... A-26 ...P-40
08-09 82 13 28 41
09-10 69 20 24 44
10-11 77 24 30 54
11-12 77 10 24 34

Talent Analysis for JT Miller from Hockey Futures

Miller is an excellent two-way player, with some offensive upside. A good face-off man, he plays well along the boards and in tight areas.
Future

Originally committed to attending North Dakota to play college hockey, Miller has signed an NHL entry-level contract and agreed to join the OHL's Plymouth Whalers for the 2011-12 season. Drafted out of the NTDP, Miller will not be subject to the age restrictions of those drafted from the CHL. Therefore, he will be eligible to play professional hockey after the 2011-12 season. His potential is to become a second line forward in the NHL, but is two to three years from being ready for that role.

Christian Thomas
2010-11: Thomas was the leading scorer for a resurgent Oshawa Generals club that returned the OHL playoffs after a two-year absence. Thomas scored 54 goals with 45 assists and was +20 with 38 PMs in 66 games for the Generals. He scored 19 goals on the power play. In 10 OHL playoff games Thomas scored 4 of his 9 goals on the power play and had 9 assists. He finished +8 in the playoffs with 4 PMs.
Talent Analysis

Thomas is an undersized, high skill forward, with excellent speed and outstanding hands. He has the potential to be an elite scorer in the NHL, however, he will need to build greater body strength to be successful in the NHL.
Future

After a tremendous 2010-11 season in the OHL, Thomas is arguably ready for professional play. However, given his age, the current rules make that unlikely. Expect Thomas to return to the OHL for one more season.

Tim Erixon
Talent Analysis

Erixon is a smart defenseman who plays a solid two-way game. He can quarterback a power play, but is not strictly an offensive blueliner. Erixon has a heavy shot, sees the ice very well, passes well, and is very responsible in his own zone.
Future

Erixon will compete for an NHL roster spot this Fall and is expected to make the Rangers squad out of camp. He is projected to be a first or second pairing blueliner.

Now if a team was in a ( REBUILD ) mode you would want prospects to come in when your vets leave . Correct ... well if the BJs knew how to run a team they would understand this ... Also those who have something to say about our prospects thats what Hockey Futures have to say about the three guys we had in a package for Nash . Read you guys might learn a thing or two about Prospects .

As For Dubi those on top are his numbers he had 1 bad off year it happens . The kid is also 26 plenty of time and hasnt reached his peak yet . Those are a few guys you would want to build around to help your team during a REBUILD . We dont want to REBUILD because we have our CORE of players or they wouldnt be TRADE BAIT . Us going after Nash now is to help now not 2 years down the line .

The faster You guys understand the fact that you will be bottom feeders the faster your rebuilding process will go .. Maybe you will see the playoffs sooner rather then later
You've already posted this. The faster you realize 3rd line players and third tier prospects isn't going to get a Nash trade done the faster we can make a real deal.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Smokey McCanucks

Gonna put this one here as well...

Anaheim gets: Nash

Columbus gets: Ryan, Smith-Pelly, Anaheim's 2013 1st

Add/subtract a few more picks one way or the other if you'd like.

Anaheim pros: Perry-Getzlaf-Nash, Olympic buddies and instantly best line in the NHL. Get rid of disgruntled Ryan; power move for GM sending the guy who complains to the gulag.
Cons: Huge price to pay for a guy with a contract like Nash.

Columbus pros: get rid of enormous headache. Huge return; Smith-Pelly could be a similar player to Nash in a few years; Ryan is a first-line impact player. Cons: potential for Carter-esque situation with Ryan.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:37 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post

Anaheim pros: Perry-Getzlaf-Nash, Olympic buddies and instantly best line in the NHL. Get rid of disgruntled Ryan; power move for GM sending the guy who complains to the gulag.

Columbus pros: get rid of enormous headache. Huge return; Smith-Pelly could be a similar player to Nash in a few years; Ryan is a first-line impact player. Cons: potential for Carter-esque situation with Ryan.

That's the only realistic part of your offer IMO.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:

A nash for Ryan swap makes too much sense.

Besides Nash would need to sack up and expand "THE LIST".

Old
07-05-2012, 08:39 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:

Offer accepted. You call Anaheim, I'll call Howson.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:41 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
You've already posted this. The faster you realize 3rd line players and third tier prospects isn't going to get a Nash trade done the faster we can make a real deal.
That's a lot of sway you carry...

Old
07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
FANonymous

Quote:

I really don't see Anaheim signing off on that...

Old
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Miller is a third tier prospect? Really? You're joking right? Thomas also scored 60+ goals in the OHL just a year removed. And I understand that Columbus doesn't need Erixon, but he ranked like 20th of all prospects at THN, 19 I think actually, and Miller 29th. I understand if you don't like the proposal since you want prospects you want proven players, but cmon, seriously third tier?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
I really don't see Anaheim signing off on that...
Fine....Straight up swap.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:

Anaheim wouldn't do that trade. Anaheim are a budget team so why would they wanna take on additional salary? Especially when Bobby Ryan is a very similar player in terms of points.

Then you have Smith-Pelly who they love over there and a potential top 15 pick. Yeah... I doubt that they'd do that.

I doubt they'd do a 1 on 1 swap: Ryan for Nash. Since Ryan is younger, cheaper and puts up similar #'s.

That's alot of salary coming back for a budget team. Highly unlikely.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Keep it on topic otherwise I'm going to start handing out infractions for off topic posts.
I thought the lack of mindless bickering over stats was refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Miller is a third tier prospect? Really? You're joking right? Thomas also scored 60+ goals in the OHL just a year removed. And I understand that Columbus doesn't need Erixon, but he ranked like 20th of all prospects at THN, 19 I think actually, and Miller 29th. I understand if you don't like the proposal since you want prospects you want proven players, but cmon, seriously third tier?
It's not just that they don't need Erixon. Would he even play for them? I'm sure it's been addressed, but I don't really feel like going through the 53 threads to find out. They already had one player leave for that reason, they don't need another. Seriously, to get Nash, there's going to have to be some sort of piece that you really don't want to give up. It's tough to get a player like Nash without giving up something that hurts a little.

And I know, Dubinsky is awesome as a leader and two-way player. He can chip in on offense. But he should not be the main piece in a deal for Nash. Please don't respond with nonsense about statistics, either. Nash is better and I'd take him on my team over Dubinsky 100 times out of 100.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

I actually laud Howson for stretching it out this long holding out till the last moment possible to get the most out of the team Nash gets traded to. This is what he owes Blue Jackets fans as Nash is basically the only marquee player they've seen since the franchise's start.

Also, I don't think Nash has any right to be upset how long it gets stretched out. His request for a trade will be accommadated but keeping the franchise's overall health in mind. I'm sure GM's all over the league are low-balling Howson with their offers at the moment, knowing Nash will eventually come out and be a public headache for the organization.

07-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Anaheim wouldn't do that trade. Anaheim are a budget team so why would they wanna take on additional salary? Especially when Bobby Ryan is a very similar player in terms of points.

Then you have Smith-Pelly who they love over there and a potential top 15 pick. Yeah... I doubt that they'd do that.

I doubt they'd do a 1 on 1 swap: Ryan for Nash. Since Ryan is younger, cheaper and puts up similar #'s.

That's alot of salary coming back for a budget team. Highly unlikely.
Well....Welll. Like clockwork the same tiresome NYR interjection when another teams fan posts a different proposal. Thanks for the commentary. Maybe we could add something or take a cap dump (like Dubinsky) back in return from the Ducks.

You are persistent. I'll give you that.

Closed Thread