HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

vCash: 500
I actually like Miller. Thomas has never done much for me. Columbus already has a few talented shrimps trying to stick in the NHL. The issues with Erixon have been discussed to death here.

Here is a question: if Miller and Thomas are so promising, why is moving a Kreider or Stepan such a problem?

It's been pointed out that the Rangers are young and have a few years of a window here. I actually agree with that for what it is worth.

What is the harm in replacing one of your young forwards with one of the next youngsters in line? They are high end prospects after all.

Say you trade Dubinsky and Stepan. But you're adding Nash, a full year of Kreider and promoting, say, Miller.

Are you really worse?
I don't think you are.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Miller is a third tier prospect? Really? You're joking right? Thomas also scored 60+ goals in the OHL just a year removed. And I understand that Columbus doesn't need Erixon, but he ranked like 20th of all prospects at THN, 19 I think actually, and Miller 29th. I understand if you don't like the proposal since you want prospects you want proven players, but cmon, seriously third tier?
Yeah it was probably unfair. I just don't appreciate the whole "you're going to suck anyways so take the extra pieces we don't need for your top talent and captain" shtick.

If that's the thinking [The blue jackets are going to be bottom feeders, get over it] then what's the point in trading Nash? We're already finishing at the bottom, so trading away a top line talent for a bunch of lesser prospects that maybe cap out at decent 2nd liners does exactly what for us?

It's not going to do any more to ensure a top pick since we're already going to get that anyways. It'll free up all that cap space for free agents who don't come here. It'll ship out the face of the franchise and probably drive ticket sales further south. If we're going to suck no matter what, then **** it, I want to watch at least 1 world class player wear the cbj jersey as they go down in flames night after night. And if he's unhappy, oh well, most of the fans are too. The packages being suggested from the Rangers aren't going to help the CBJ become a better team immediately or in the future. I understand you guys don't want to give up certain pieces, that's fine but if we're not getting a single piece with top upside, why trade Nash?

Old
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
I actually like Miller. Thomas has never done much for me. Columbus already has a few talented shrimps trying to stick in the NHL. The issues with Erixon have been discussed to death here.

Here is a question: if Miller and Thomas are so promising, why is moving a Kreider or Stepan such a problem?

It's been pointed out that the Rangers are young and have a few years of a window here. I actually agree with that for what it is worth.

What is the harm in replacing one of your young forwards with one of the next youngsters in line? They are high end prospects after all.

I asked that question like 17 threads ago....It was never really answered.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
[/B]

I asked that question like 17 threads ago....It was never really answered.
Without going into too much detail, because Kreider and Stepan ARE better than our current

Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post

I know why you're not high on Erixon or Thomas, but to say they are third tier prospects is quite moronic. By Hockeysfuture chart, Erixon will become a first or second pair dman, Miller a 1st line or second line forward, and Thomas a 1/2 line forward or AHL'er(I do believe he has a high chance on not being anything). How is that third tier? This is all Nash aside. Erixon and Miller are definitely blue-chippers. Erixon will be an NHL'er this year, and Miller will be at least a 4th line center right now.

I would actually be okay with trading Stepan. I would slot Anisimov on 2nd line and Miller on 3rd, and Miller will surpass Arty quickly. I would do Stepan, Dubinsky, and a 1st. I believe that is a fair deal.

Old
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Well....Welll. Like clockwork the same tiresome NYR interjection when another teams fan posts a different proposal. Thanks for the commentary. Maybe we could add something or take a cap dump (like Dubinsky) back in return from the Ducks.

You are persistent. I'll give you that.
To be fair, it was a terribly unbalanced proposal in favor of the CBJ. I didn't go into the same amount of detail but I have serious doubts that Anaheim would ever consider that trade.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

New thread.