HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Free Agency 2012! Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-01-2012, 06:01 PM
  #851
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,878
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
So much this.

I like Tallon as much as the next guy but like I've said before, I still remember "In Dudley we Trust," and "In Keenan we Trust," and "In Martin we Trust."

Gets a little old, fellas, and it doesn't exactly make for good conversation. Someone said earlier today that it sounded cult-like. They were spot on. It's okay to disagree with the moves of your general manager sometimes, and just because someone disagrees with the GM doesn't make them any less of a fan than you, or pessimistic, or a hater, or whatnot.
It is different now Clint, because we have never really had so much positives go on for us is such a short period of time. The organization has done a complete 180 since hiring Tallon, and the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. I agree, I like disagreements, and I like debates on whether Tallon should have done this or that, but its hard to argue against pretty much everything Tallon has done so far.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
  #852
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Businesses/Business People
There are plenty. This is what Yormark is good at. He's a business development expert. Plus, the key here is that you get access to all the events at the arena. The hockey is a throw in for most, imo.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:11 PM
  #853
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
if tallon brings in luongo at this stage in our development i will have serious doubts about his competency!!!!!!
Its not a problem if he brings Luongo back, in fact, I have no problem with it. What I will have a problem with is if he gives up Bjugstad to get him. He said numerous times he will not give up the future for a player, and if he trades Bjugstad, then he will have lost all credibility. So far he has stayed true on his word. If he ships out Bjugstad, the fans will be calling for his head. I think Tallon will get Luongo back here, and he'll do it without giving up the top kids.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:27 PM
  #854
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Agree with this. However, it makes for a lousy discussion if your argument is: I trust Tallon... I mean, what do you say back to that? "I don't"?
Please please please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I wholly back ur position to criticize any and all. The papers down here don't so the fans damn well better.

That said I just have no prob at this early stage of tallons tenure some people riding his wave. I completely disagree with signing clemmer for ex, but I give him a pass.

Don't you worry a couple of errors and this old new Yorker will come out

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:30 PM
  #855
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
So much this.

I like Tallon as much as the next guy but like I've said before, I still remember "In Dudley we Trust," and "In Keenan we Trust," and "In Martin we Trust."

Gets a little old, fellas, and it doesn't exactly make for good conversation. Someone said earlier today that it sounded cult-like. They were spot on. It's okay to disagree with the moves of your general manager sometimes, and just because someone disagrees with the GM doesn't make them any less of a fan than you, or pessimistic, or a hater, or whatnot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Do you hear yourself? You sound like a cult member or something lols "if dear leader Dale Tallon says its wise I don't question it".....really dude, that's your excuse...umm ok, well no, I don't think it's a wise move and yes it's a short term mentality because he'll be able to "help" us for a short term, while his presence will be felt for a while ...it doesn't matter if we send back players which will ultimately equal Luongo's cap hit because 1) they're younger and fill roles that Vancouver might need and 2) Vancouver won't have to deal with that cap hit for as long we'll endure Luongo's ....again, short term mentality
But, agreeing with him makes it cult-like? Oh ok, yeah sure.

I don't like Luongo and I don't want him back, but if he's back, I'll trust a guy who's track record speaks for itself. If that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, I'm not going to apologize. The team isn't more competitive than it has been in over a decade? The prospect pool isn't stacked? He didn't jettison problems and bring on several solutions??

Keenan did what after two years? Martin? At least gave Tallon pieces, but not a track record at all close. Horrible examples!

So yeah, I trust Tallon! Completely. Doesn't mean I like everything he does, but I do think he's very calculating with his moves. Don't like it, I don't care. Guess I'm a cult member now! Don't trust Tallon...makes ya a cultist! Lol, and my comments are out of whack??

Again, I'd much rather not have Luongo, but I'm not going to be pissed if he comes here, either. I'm not even a fan of his, funny thing is Clint sure ripped me for being happy he was traded.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:30 PM
  #856
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
There are plenty. This is what Yormark is good at. He's a business development expert. Plus, the key here is that you get access to all the events at the arena. The hockey is a throw in for most, imo.
We shall see if it's plenty....I think they'll fill 30%... Hey even my Yanks screwed up on their "moat seats" And are prob at 60 % , making the stadium look empty around the bases.

I hope it works, more $ = better players.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 06:48 PM
  #857
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
So much this.

I like Tallon as much as the next guy but like I've said before, I still remember "In Dudley we Trust," and "In Keenan we Trust," and "In Martin we Trust."

Gets a little old, fellas, and it doesn't exactly make for good conversation. Someone said earlier today that it sounded cult-like. They were spot on. It's okay to disagree with the moves of your general manager sometimes, and just because someone disagrees with the GM doesn't make them any less of a fan than you, or pessimistic, or a hater, or whatnot.
I agree. Cautious optimism is important. Even the smartest people can make boneheaded moves. Even the best of GMs can be puppeted by those above them. I mean... that's why Tallon's here in the first place, right?

Tallon's done great things and I hope much more greatness is to come from him. With that being said, he's yet to make a really questionable move just yet, so I see no reason to question him at this point.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:34 PM
  #858
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
But, agreeing with him makes it cult-like? Oh ok, yeah sure.
Sorry Laus, but...you didn't "agree" with him...your statement was basically "If Tallon says it's gold, I won't question it".. sounds more like deliberate blind faith to me...if you agree with someone on a particular issue/circumstance, usually you would state why it is that you agree with that person...not simply, if that person says it's right, I'll agree....again, that's not agreeing...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't like Luongo and I don't want him back, but if he's back, I'll trust a guy who's track record speaks for itself. If that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, I'm not going to apologize. The team isn't more competitive than it has been in over a decade? The prospect pool isn't stacked? He didn't jettison problems and bring on several solutions??
wait, what??? you just said that you agreed with Tallon lol....now you say that you don't approve of bringing Luongo.....and your reasoning for bringing Luongo (even though you admit it's not a right move) is because of Tallon's track record? That doesn't follow logic, what does that have to do with with the fact that it's a bad decision? Red herring my friend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Keenan did what after two years? Martin? At least gave Tallon pieces, but not a track record at all close. Horrible examples!

So yeah, I trust Tallon! Completely. Doesn't mean I like everything he does, but I do think he's very calculating with his moves. Don't like it, I don't care. Guess I'm a cult member now! Don't trust Tallon...makes ya a cultist! Lol, and my comments are out of whack??

Again, I'd much rather not have Luongo, but I'm not going to be pissed if he comes here, either. I'm not even a fan of his, funny thing is Clint sure ripped me for being happy he was traded.

I think at this point , the discussion has gone off track....I can't speak for the others, but I can say that at least for me, and for my comments, it's all been about just simply questioning this particular situation, the possibility of bringing Luongo.....this has nothing to do with questioning or criticizing Tallon as a manager or his track record, again, it's on this particular possibility of bringing Luongo I don't think it's a wise move, and just because Tallon has a great record of success does not make a logical justifiable argument to accept the move...

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:44 PM
  #859
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,201
vCash: 500
Trusting him doesn't mean I like it. I said if he feels it's best I'll trust him, I don't understand why that's hard.

Don't think it would be as crippling as you claim, but who knows. He's not here, all that matters, right now.

And his past record was brought up because it leads me to trust his moves now. Don't see why getting Luongo throws it way off and I shouldn't still trust that he has an idea of how to work with all of it.


Last edited by Laus723: 08-01-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: iPhone edit
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:50 PM
  #860
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
The bottom line is that Luongo is a very talented goalie.

With that being said, we aren't at a necessity in net. But... if the move can be made without disrupting the now or the future... why would we not do it?

If it's the move of an opportunist (Dale Tallon), make it. If it's some PR move or anything else, pass.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:58 PM
  #861
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Without going too in depth, I just wanted to say I really like what Tallon has done here. We have what looks to be a very good prospect pool. And he brought in the personnel that won us a division title.

Really, the only thing I kinda fault him on would be losing Grabner to the Islanders. We probably were better off giving him a roster spot anyway despite his poor pre-season. But even then, he held Grabner accountable and stuck to his guns.

P.S. As much as I was kinda over talking about Luongo, I guess I'd rather talk about him than Tallon. Lol

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
  #862
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,201
vCash: 500
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:34 PM
  #863
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
Sorry to hear that Laus.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
  #864
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!
 
CatscratchFever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: O-hi-O
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
The bottom line is that Luongo is a very talented goalie.

With that being said, we aren't at a necessity in net. But... if the move can be made without disrupting the now or the future... why would we not do it?

If it's the move of an opportunist (Dale Tallon), make it. If it's some PR move or anything else, pass.
I don't really want to join the Tallon or Luongo debate , but I wanted to point out that Tallon has always stated that if he can improve the team, in any fashion, he's going to do just that.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:41 PM
  #865
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Just a thought, I have thought about this for a while now but I have forgotten to say it. Do you think Tallon is hesitant on signing UFA's this offseason because of the crop of UFA players next season? I mean I know the typical story is he wants to build through the prospect pool, but if you look at the list for next years UFA, there are some good names in there.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
  #866
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 7,402
vCash: 500
Laus,

Sorry for your loss man. I had written something, but moments like this make you realize just how many important things are out there to reminisce and think about.


Last edited by Panteras: 08-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 10:58 PM
  #867
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,817
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
my prayers are with you and your family.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:33 PM
  #868
KW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
I did come across that news, so very sorry to hear this Laus.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:41 PM
  #869
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
Sorry for your loss.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:43 PM
  #870
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,764
vCash: 500
The problem I have with many opinions of Tallon is that regardless of whether you like his moves or not, our fanbase consistently has an air of "What have you done lately Approach" Since he took over, has Tallon not overhauled the team? There is a sense that nothing is ever good enough that I don't recall was the opinion of the fanbase during Martin's tenure.

I think everyone bought Tallon's hype from Chicago and has enormous expectations but Rome wasn't built in a day.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:57 PM
  #871
Shockley
Go Cats Go!
 
Shockley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Palm Beach,FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,320
vCash: 498
Sorry to hear man ... Prayers with your family

Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
  #872
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,201
vCash: 500
Thanks fellas. I'm just in shock, and saddened. Didn't mean to draw things down, just am all over.

Listen, do far as Luongo, Tallon, and the future...I really don't know. I just know that I trust Tallon more than I have anyone else in 15 years, and I try to think and hope for the best. I didnt like Louie while here and he doesn't seem to have corrected a lot of what frustrated me. But I do think he's better than what we have, however, we're not in a bad place in the net. His contract sucks! I just think DT will have taken it into account before acquiring him and that he knows the extreme affects it will have. It could be his first huge mistake, may be a blessing. But with me being unsure, I'll lean on Tallon's track record.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:40 AM
  #873
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Thanks fellas. I'm just in shock, and saddened. Didn't mean to draw things down, just am all over.

Listen, do far as Luongo, Tallon, and the future...I really don't know. I just know that I trust Tallon more than I have anyone else in 15 years, and I try to think and hope for the best. I didnt like Louie while here and he doesn't seem to have corrected a lot of what frustrated me. But I do think he's better than what we have, however, we're not in a bad place in the net. His contract sucks! I just think DT will have taken it into account before acquiring him and that he knows the extreme affects it will have. It could be his first huge mistake, may be a blessing. But with me being unsure, I'll lean on Tallon's track record.
Tallon did sign Huet to a 4 year/22 million dollar contract but let's hope he's smartened up.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:05 AM
  #874
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
I'm sorry to hear that man. Stay strong, I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:13 AM
  #875
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
FinlandPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Just read about it, absolutely sickening. Sorry for your loss.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.