HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Free Agency 2012! Part 2

Old
08-02-2012, 02:33 AM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
I'm so sorry Laus, my prayers are with you guys.

Hope for the best to you and your family.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Sorry guys, thought are all over, just lost my 4 month old niece in a horrific way. Don't want to share more just yet, but if you see news coming out of Melbourne about a 4 month old girl, it's her.
Sorry to hear that Laus. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Laus, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Justice will be served, you can count on that.

Jeff Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Sorry for the loss Laus...hope all is well with you and your family!

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Thanks again everyone. You guys are great.

Let's get back to hockey, I can use the change up...

08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Thanks again everyone. You guys are great.

Let's get back to hockey, I can use the change up...
Ok ...Tallon sucks....discuss ....

adam graves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
I am not expecting much else for this off season. I think we might see a luongo deal towards the start of the season if Gillis reduces his crazy demands, but other than that I think what we have got is what we are going to roll with. I guess we still have that hole on the 2nd line C, but not sure what else we can do to fill unless we sign a guy like Arnott or something.

Egblad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I am not expecting much else for this off season. I think we might see a luongo deal towards the start of the season if Gillis reduces his crazy demands, but other than that I think what we have got is what we are going to roll with. I guess we still have that hole on the 2nd line C, but not sure what else we can do to fill unless we sign a guy like Arnott or something.
wrote this on main boards...

Canuck fans: You need Luongo!!!

Panther fans: No we are fine thank you.

Canuck fans: but but but He is awesome we won the presidents trophy with him!!!

Panther fans: yawn his numbers are similiar to Theo last year we are fine thank you.

Canuck fans: but but but give us bjustad and we will give you Roberto and look how good you will be and the tickets you will sell

Panther fans: dude we dont want an aging primadonna goalie and his ridiculous contract we will keep our beast of a center and look forward to Theo and the highest rated non NHL goalie in the world, thanks.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Oh another thing I remembered from my chat here at work, it sounds like the org is thinking about using Huberdeau at center. It may be as a temporary solution but thats just what I gathered that there's a strong chance he's your 2nd line center for next season FWIW.

So I guess my lines are looking more likely that I suggested back in the middle of last month:

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Fleischmann-Huberdeau-Mueller
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Parros-Matthias-Skille
Smithson, Santorelli (until Mike is moved)

I know people want to knock Upshall and I can't blame you at all. But I have a feeling he will get every opportunity to play a scoring role on this team from the start of camp. I think you could switch Upshall & Flash too in my lines but I wanted to give Huberdeau & Mueller more help on that line (if one of them struggles, I think Flash could carry them but I doubt Upshall could).

Last edited by Coolburn: 08-02-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:16 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Oh another thing I remembered from my chat here at work, it sounds like the org is thinking about using Huberdeau at center. It may be as a temporary solution but thats just what I gathered that there's a strong chance he's your 2nd line center for next season FWIW.

So I guess my lines are looking more likely that I suggested back in the middle of the month:

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Parros-Matthias-Skille

I know people want to knock Upshall and I can't blame you at all. But I have a feeling he will get every opportunity to play a scoring role on this team from the start of camp. I think you could switch Upshall & Flash too in my lines but I wanted to give Huberdeau & Mueller more help on that line (if one of them struggles, I think Flash could carry them but I doubt Upshall could).
I like the lines.

I dont get the down on upshall, he was injury riddled, lets give him a chance. not like he played 80 games and sucked.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I like the lines.

I dont get the down on upshall, he was injury riddled, lets give him a chance. not like he played 80 games and sucked.
Well he is quite expensive... But I agree, let's give him a chance.. On the second or third line that is.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Rather Flash stay up with Weiss and Steeg, better top line. Scottie on the 2nd line gives that line more physicality, too. Wellman is the wild card, I guess.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Please please please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I wholly back ur position to criticize any and all. The papers down here don't so the fans damn well better.

That said I just have no prob at this early stage of tallons tenure some people riding his wave. I completely disagree with signing clemmer for ex, but I give him a pass.

Don't you worry a couple of errors and this old new Yorker will come out
Yes but... That's one of the few things you got wrong

Old
08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
You're very correct, as is Clint. The move in question, though, is a trade for Luongo. He's still on Vancouver's roster. The move hasn't happened. No one knows what Tallon would be sending the other way. There's nothing to disagree with yet. It might not (probably won't, in my opinion) happen.
If nothing happens, that's a decision too. But yes, still undecided on that one.

Old
08-02-2012, 01:33 PM
KW

Quote:
wrote this on main boards...

Canuck fans: You need Luongo!!!

Panther fans: No we are fine thank you.

Canuck fans: but but but He is awesome we won the presidents trophy with him!!!

Panther fans: yawn his numbers are similiar to Theo last year we are fine thank you.

Canuck fans: but but but give us bjustad and we will give you Roberto and look how good you will be and the tickets you will sell

Panther fans: dude we dont want an aging primadonna goalie and his ridiculous contract we will keep our beast of a center and look forward to Theo and the highest rated non NHL goalie in the world, thanks.

Rinse, lather, repeat.
It's nice being in the driver's seat for once...

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
KW

Quote:

So I guess my lines are looking more likely that I suggested back in the middle of last month:

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Parros-Matthias-Skille

I like this for now, if I put my optimist's hat on (which is not easy).

Upshall could be our Hartnell this season. Then we'd be just fine!

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I like this for now, if I put my optimist's hat on (which is not easy).

Upshall could be our Hartnell this season. Then we'd be just fine!
Doesn't matter what Upshall does with the rest of his career. This is what I think of whenever I see/hear his name.

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:20 PM
RainingRats

Quote:

Upshall-Weiss-Versteeg
Bergenheim-Goc-Kopecky
Parros-Matthias-Skille

Upshall lacks the quality shot that a guy like Hartnell has. I think Bergie would be better suited on the top line.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:22 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Doesn't matter what Upshall does with the rest of his career. This is what I think of whenever I see/hear his name.

overreact much? being overly aggressive in the playoffs and defending your goalie has been happening since hockey started.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
overreact much? being overly aggressive in the playoffs and defending your goalie has been happening since hockey started.
I didn't say I disliked Upshall. It's just something that stuck in my head.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Yes but... That's one of the few things you got wrong
LOL. I know the other side, just still firmly believe theo / makstrom not only gives us a better chance but I rather theo mentor Marky with his successes then clemmer.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Hockeycast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Upshall lacks the quality shot that a guy like Hartnell has. I think Bergie would be better suited on the top line.
Exactly what i was thinking, Bergie would fit much better than Upshall on the first or the second line .
Except that, the lines are good!

Hockeycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:31 PM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
Exactly what i was thinking, Bergie would fit much better than Upshall on the first or the second line .
Except that, the lines are good!
Flash - Weiss - Steeg
Bergie - Goc

The only two groups of fowards with real chemistry last season. I'd like to see us improve without having to break them up.

Old
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

I expect our top line to blossom like last season, I just hope they keep the chemistry together throughout the whole season. Honestly, if that Flash - Weiss - Steeger line stayed healthy/consistent they would've all finished with 65-80 points each.

I also expect a lot from our second line, I think we will have 3 solid lines rolling throughout the season, plus a gritty fourth line which is exciting. Wouldn't be surprised if Casey Wellman was in the line-up as well. He is our dark horse.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 02:49 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I expect our top line to blossom like last season, I just hope they keep the chemistry together throughout the whole season. Honestly, if that Flash - Weiss - Steeger line stayed healthy/consistent they would've all finished with 65-80 points each.

I also expect a lot from our second line, I think we will have 3 solid lines rolling throughout the season, plus a gritty fourth line which is exciting. Wouldn't be surprised if Casey Wellman was in the line-up as well. He is our dark horse.
Because I'm like an alcoholic during prohibition with hockey offseason I have been rewatching every single panthers game from last season. It is amazing to see what changes game in and game out.

For the top line starting around Decemberish they started to go away from what was working so well and that was the all three guys flash weiss steeg always seemed to be around or in front of the net. Especially versteeg (injury perhaps). Then they started becoming too fancy too much passing. And production went down.

Also amazed at how many goals we scored on the PP last year. That was our bread and butter. I dont know the statistics but I would not be surprised in the games we won last season we scored a PP goal 80-90% of the time.

I sincerely hope either/both kuli/Guds finds their point shot this coming season.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote