HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Free Agency 2012! Part 2

Old
07-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Ellerby should be traded while he still has some value, before he demands a trade and gets traded for crap. He deserves a chance somewhere else since he isn't getting the minutes here.

And please, don't pull "but he just needs more minutes to become a top4 d-man" -card. He isn't going to get the chance here, unless 2 guys get injured (and even then, we have guys like Petrovic and Robak to call-up from the AHL). We have Strachan for that 7th d-man role. Ellerby deserves to get a chance somewhere else since it isn't going to happen with this organization.

1st line center for 4.5 is a joke? I'd call that a bargain, most of the 1st line centers get twice that money.

Not saying OJ is a 1st line center, but with Winnipeg he is.

Seriously, give up already guys. Tallon isn't going to sign Semin. He represents the total opposite of the kind of character players Dale is looking for.

Dineen is probably already losing his mind with Versteeg's streaky play. We don't need another player like him, Dineen would have a burnout in no time.
What exactly is Tallon's type of player??? How was Steeg streaky?? He was playing injuried.. Semin is EXACTLY what Tallon is looking for. People say Semin has attitude problems or locker room problems, but who exactly are making these accusations? Semin is easy a 40 goal scorer, top line player, still young and is exactly what were missing.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:05 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
What exactly is Tallon's type of player??? How was Steeg streaky?? He was playing injuried.. Semin is EXACTLY what Tallon is looking for. People say Semin has attitude problems or locker room problems, but who exactly are making these accusations? Semin is easy a 40 goal scorer, top line player, still young and is exactly what were missing.
How about Jason Arnott? Although on the downside of his career at age 37, he is definitely a Tallon kind of player (big, strong, tough and proven winner) plus he plays center and is a UFA last time I checked. Would be a solid signing on a 1 year contract at about $2.5 million coupled with waiving Santorelli.

Among others, Bradley had a lot of negative things to say about Semin and he is a pretty credible source...

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
What about RFA's??? Can Tallon try to throw an offer sheet at them? Is that still done anymore?
Hasn't worked for either team that has done it. No thanks.

Quote:
Semin isn't exactly What he's looking for, Getzlaf, perry, or Backes fit that bill of exactly. Doubt we sign Semin

07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
How about Jason Arnott? Although on the downside of his career at age 37, he is definitely a Tallon kind of player (big, strong, tough and proven winner) plus he plays center and is a UFA last time I checked. Would be a solid signing on a 1 year contract at about $2.5 million coupled with waiving Santorelli.

Among others, Bradley had a lot of negative things to say about Semin and he is a pretty credible source...
Wouldn't mind Arnott at all.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
PanthersHockey1
The Ring of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post

Seconded would be a good 2nd line C and excellent mentor for Bjugstad.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Lol, getting ahead of yourself with the Bjugstad thing?

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Yeah, I'll take anyone remotely qualified now.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Catsfan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Huber as well.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:28 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Yeah, because a guy that throws a teammate under the bus in the media is a good teammate.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Yeah, because a guy that throws a teammate under the bus in the media is a good teammate.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:41 PM
SufferingCatFan

Quote:
What? We finally agree on something?

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Exactly... I think the media has made Semin look like such a bad guy, when he probably isn't that bad. I mean, I'm sure he's not the best guy in the locker room out there, but the people that are bashing the guy are bigger morons than him. Tallon knows what kind of guy he is, and none of us do.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:07 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 12000
Quote:
Bradley just said what's already so obvious about the person in question. I don't blame him at all for saying that.

Semin is basically Kovalev v.2.0; all the god given talent the world has to offer in him, but zero effort. You won't get far in this league with that, as Kovalev found out during his career.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:15 PM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Bradley just said what's already so obvious about the person in question. I don't blame him at all for saying that.

Semin is basically Kovalev v.2.0; all the god given talent the world has to offer in him, but zero effort. You won't get far in this league with that, as Kovalev found out during his career.
When Kovy was with the Habs, he was the man, he was love and he responded accordingly by playing well and putting the effort as much as any other "caracter guy" like Koivu. It was the right place for him. If Semin is like Kovy, he just need to find his place and he'll do fine.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:

If I remember correctly Tallon signed Martin Havlat to a pretty nice contract back when he was in Chicago. Havlat not really a "character 4th liner guy". I could see him being interested in scoring, since his job is to make the team better and signing Semin would do that.

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Honestly I think the roster is set for next season.

12 Forwards: Flash, Weiss, Steeg, Bergenheim, Goc, Upshall, Huberdeau, Matthias, Kopecky, Skille, Smithson, Parros.

7 Defensemen: Campbell, Jovo, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Kuba, Weaver, Ellerby.

Goalie: Theodore, Clemmensen.

Everyone else, save perhaps Strachan, seems slated for the AHL.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see one more forward come aboard, but I doubt it'll be the earth-shattering deal we're hoping for that sparks our offense.
That may be the case, but I don't think that was the plan going into the offseason. If so, Tallon wouldn't have said there were still things "in the fryer" after making that first round of moves and wouldn't have said they had offers in to big names.

That would indicate they were at least targeting other offensive players.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
This is a joke, right?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Georgia Panther

At this point I would just be happy to re-sign Wolski. If nothing else he'll win you a shootout or two.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
At this point I would just be happy to re-sign Wolski. If nothing else he'll win you a shootout or two.
Wolski scored 9 points in 22 games for us last season, that isn't a bad return. If we could sign him cheap, which is quite likely as he was sat for quite a few games with the Rangers last year, then he could be good value for money. I think he could do well on a line with Huberdeau if only we had someone with a solid shot to go with them.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
PanthersFanatic12

don't know if someone posted this yet but Jean-Francois Jacques signed with us for one year , two way deal http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=637276

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:05 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I also think that Semin is nothing but a pipe dream. Let's be realistic guys. Much bigger, much better teams are after him (Det, Pitts and NJ).

I haven't heard a single piece of information anywhere saying that the Panthers and DT are even remotely interested in Semin.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

A few months old but interesting on Semin

http://thehockeywriters.com/florida-...exander-semin/

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Oh, Perron re-signed with the Blues for 4 years and a AAV of $3.8 Million. Pretty good deal considering who he is.

This deal should help gauge what we might have to pay Steeger. Perron has had some health problems but I think we're looking at around $4-4.5 Million for Kris.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
This is a joke, right?
What joke? Can you tell me what exactly a "Tallon" player is??? Does he have to have a certain height? weight? American? I mean wasn't Wideman,Bernier, and R.Carter "Tallon" type players? Why did he trade them if they were? Just askin...
Alex Semin brings something to this organization that no other player, whether vet or prospect, can bring,which is pure goal scoring. How do we know a change of scenery won't motive him and help him score 50 goals?? How do you know being part of the organization and around the youth and vets, and good coaching staff and the direction of this organization won't motivate him?? He'll be the face of the franchise..He'll be that go-to guy that he so desperately wants to be. He can play top line minutes, he can play on our 1st PP unit and maybe even PK..

I think Semin is a good idea.

BTW, Semin has said that he wants to be the face of the franchise,the go-to guy, pretty much "The Man" on his new team.. Will he really be that in Pitt,Det, or Philly?? Or any other of these big time hockey clubs with superstars?

Last edited by Pantherfan12: 07-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:19 PM
RainingRats

I don't want Arnott. I think Goc can produce similar offensive stats and he'll be better defensively. Arnott wont break 35 points on this team.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote