HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 09:38 AM
leftwing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Can't wait till Zach get 9 million and only scores 70 pts
So you think he'll put up better numbers there than he did here last year?

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
Early in the 2012 season when the Devils visited Minnesota, J.P had an interview with the paper and said something like "Zach would have definitely left NJ after the bad 2011 season" then Zach also said "my dad would it if i played in minnesota"

then he tried to ruin and sabotage our ECF championship against the rangers with all the comments about how zach loves playing for "TORTS"
If Zach leaves, JP Parise will surely join the pantheon of hated NJD parents, right along with Carlos Gomez and Carol Niedermayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Hope Zach signs here and everyone pre-emptively souring the grapes ...well..you get it
I hope we're all wrong too, but there are too many coincidences here, and we're all getting that feeling of dread.

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
lol either TSN is behind the curve or the Wings are running out the door screaming 'WAIT, WHAT ABOUT US!!!'.

Old
Semak

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Pretty much, we got strung alone until Suter was ready to decide IMO
If it happens, I would believe this too.

Best revenge? A healthy, motivated #17 saying **** it, I'll do it myself and taking this team to the show again this year. Get another scorer and another secondary scorer and strap in.

Old
StvBroDan
OH I'll Be Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckHogs29 View Post
Bitter ex-girlfriend vibe, whining and crying, tampering charges again.......

Tampering is all BS talk If a player wants to leave he will leave.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Richer 44

Guys its not about the $. Its about his very loose relationship with Ryan Suter from when they were teenagers. But they are apparently secret BFFs

Old
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Why do people want to pay through the nose for Bobby Ryan and hurt our forward depth even more ?

Do you really want to give up henrique/zajac a top d prospect and a 1st ?

I don't...not for a 60 pt guy. Who HATES Northern Jersey BTW
There's no way Anaheim will ask for all of that. They want to cut payroll and are looking to add up and coming youth. If they want Henrique, we'll just hang up and leave them with a player that has had just about enough of being the scapegoat everytime rumours pop up regarding the Ducks.

The Ducks aren't going to get a stud like Henrique, Couturier, Schenn, etc IMO. They'll get a solid package of youth and one roster player. The only teams I can see throwing a stud the other way are teams that are in the basement and need to sacrifice a bluechip prospect currently playing in the NHL to bolster their lineup, giving them a shot at making the playoffs.

If I'm the manager of that team, I keep my kids and build threw the draft, not like what Howson did when acquiring Carter or signing average blueliners to all-star contracts (The Wizz comes to mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
In comes DATW with his defeatism and idiotic remarks about how we never got to the cup finals and that it was a bad dream because it's refuted everything he's said for the past year. Then he gets proven wrong and ignores your post
Is it a coincidence that you avoided Ronnie's post or you're just scared to reply to a mod the same way you reply to my posts.

We went to the cup finals, everyone's happy, now get over it. Are you going to talk about it for the entire summer? Every year, there's always a different team fighting for the cup so if you think we have the receipe to attend the big dance each and every year because we made it a month ago, then more power to you.

Our blueline played over it's head, especially Salvador with his career high production and we managed to play the way opponents played against us when getting knocked of the 1st round year, after year, after year. A heavy forecheck ment to we spent more time in their zone then in our zone and that was a big reason why we went to the finals. We'll play the same system, there's no way around that, but we might not have Parise and I'm convinced Salvador won't have the same type of production he had in our cup run, ever.

Teams tweek things, even after playing for the cup. The Canucks went to the cup last year and are considering moving their #1 netminder, they signed Garrisson, etc. Odds of us going to the cup weren't in our favour but we managed to beat those odds and that's fantastic news for us fans, the players, the organisation and the owners.

One thing you don't do is think you're unbeatable because you were 2 games away from lifting the cup. The approach Lou has with upcoming free agents, especially our core players, needs to change and that's my pov. If you like losing studs for free and having to scramble to replace their production, that's your pov.

No one is right here and no one is wrong. You don't need to act like a certain someone and throw stupid remarks in order to think you have the upper hand on a message board.

Again, I wish you would've had the balls to reply to Ronnie the way you replied to my post.

Old
hockeyr5

Quote:
PAUL OSTBY @SHEEHYHOCKEY

Client Ryan Suter plans on making a decision today.
To New Jersey!!!

Old
thebootlegsaint
Zombie Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I hope the cap goes down or stays near where it is, I can't wait to see how the Wild are going to try to win with $25 million tied up in three players (Zach, Suter, Koivu) for the next 6-7 years, none of whom are a top ten forward or defenseman.
Don't forget Granlund, if he's as good as advertised they'll be wishing they're paying him instead of Zach.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:40 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I have my C on order to put on my Kovalchuk jersey asap.

The first few days were a great sign that Zach was going to return, these latest days scream price gauging to me.

If he signs in the Twin Cities, I cant wait to get my tickets against the Wild in November, if you think Gomez got booed, you have not heard anything yet.

Old
Fayne Staley
Fire Lou and Conte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
If Zach leaves, JP Parise will surely join the pantheon of hated NJD parents, right along with Carlos Gomez and Carol Niedermayer.

I hope we're all wrong too, but there are too many coincidences here, and we're all getting that feeling of dread.
JP will be on the top. C. Gomez was also Scott's agent at least. Carol, well she just loved Rob more and needed Scott to help him. lol

Old
kyle evs48
No words needed

Imagine if they both signed here.

I know it's impossible, but imagine.

Old
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post

The first few days were a great sign that Zach was going to return, these latest days scream price gauging to me.

If he signs in the Twin Cities, I cant wait to get my tickets against the Wild in November, if you think Gomez got booed, you have not heard anything yet.
Agreed. Don't care where he signs.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post

Don't blame him one bit if he goes, but I don't understand why it'd be the Wild. Not saying the Wild are going to be ****, but uh.............................................wel l you know Zach did a lot of good for us and so be it if he goes! Henrique to the rescue, Kovy back on LW.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:41 AM
CerebralGenesis

If we had some money, well like 5 new investors actually, then it coulda been possible.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StvBroDan View Post
Tampering is all BS talk If a player wants to leave he will leave.
That makes no sense.

If the Wild did not purposely leak what they would offer Zach in the first place, perhaps Lou might have been able to get something done before FA. We'll never really know now...

And if the Wild end up with Parise, you better damn believe that Tampering charges will be filed.

Old
Richer 44

I think it would be hilarious if Suter trolled Zach and he was dealing with Lou the whole time. Zach announces Minny, and Suter comes to NJ for 7mil cap hit lol

Old
Czech Trio

Like omg parise sucks. i nevr wanted him. omgz he so bad. he not even cute. wild will still suck. kovy better. lou we trust. go devil.

Old
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Hah! Sure, one of his biggest priorities is winning but yea go to the team that has won nothing in their history and still are not a good team. Priorities, right Zach?

Old
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post

Maybe he's giving more time for Lou to match whatever offer he's willing to take from another team

Old
07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Lets play everyones favorite game, -who is not on the ice for the goal-

(preparing myself mentally for the ****show which will begin soon)

Old
07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer 44 View Post
I think it would be hilarious if Suter trolled Zach and he was dealing with Lou the whole time. Zach announces Minny, and Suter comes to NJ for 7mil cap hit lol
HOLY CRAP!

That would be the ultimate troll job and I can just imagine the look on Zach's face....

Old
07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
CerebralGenesis

Or if we didn't have kovy, we coulda given Suter that deal instead and had our 2 100 million babies in Suter and Parise.

Old
Bleedred
Foligno sucks

If Zach does leave for the Wild then you know that he will have known he wasn't coming back the whole time.

Old
Semak

vCash:
I had a happy .gif theme all ready too. It's my fault.

Closed Thread