HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Capitals Free Agency III (Capital Hillen Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 01:41 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Doan's last 8 playoff series he's got 27 pts in 39 games on a historically bad team.

See how I can manipulate stats to make the argument sound better too?

Old
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
It's not irrational fear when GMGM has proven over 15 years he has no idea how to put a cup winning roster together.
You don't think MP 85 can waltz into the top 6 and carry us to the playoffs?

Haven't you projected his points over toi and multiplied it by the square root of the turd normalization factor? Dude is legit.

Kids and their college.

Old
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Tinner,

How effective has Semin been in the series' where the Caps were eliminated? That's the issue. We know he CAN and HAS produced, but when he doesn't (and that happens too much), the team has floundered. Simply time to go to battle with a different set of warriors.
Tells me he's a pretty frikin important piece of the puzzle then.

You think things will get BETTER WITHOUT him??? We will most likely end up floundering more unless other guys really up their game.

Like it or not in the series we have won Semin has been one of our top 3 players in each of them. Heck he was a top player vs the Flyers in 07 too.

I'd like to know who this different set of warriors is? I'm not seeing much out there to be honest.

You want to trade a boatload of assets for an overrated Rick Nash and his bloated contract?

How about a boatload of assets for a young Bobby Ryan who has had his own issues of inconsistencies and is now publicly seeking a trade due to whatever issues he seems to have?

Like it or not players like Semin don't grow on trees.

You know what Dallas fans thought of James Neal before the trade to Pitt? He was inconsistent, didn't seem to care, showed up now and then, wasn't assertive enough and didn't use all his talent. How did that work out for them?

Some of you want Chris Stuart? He certainly seemed like a lacksidasical bum last year that is for sure..but WAIT! He plays for "team X" therefore he is better than Semin!

Its easy to get disenchanted with a player as familiarity breeds contempt.

Most of you will get what you wished for. Lets hope you are right and that he is addition by subtraction. I just don't see it.

Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It's not irrational fear when GMGM has proven over 15 years he has no idea how to put a cup winning roster together.
The irrational part of it is having a fit about it 6 days into the player movement window.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I'm not looking at it right now but I'll bet Semin's decline over the past 24 months is more pronounced than Doan's.

Age isn't everything.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
There's a ****-load more to playing in the playoffs than points.
I thought the bottom line was you guys wanted better production from the 2nd line winger than what Semin has been able to provide. If Doan's numbers aren't much better than Semin's, how the F is he going to help us provide more production?

Remember...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I dont care if he tried or not. He failed repeatedly. I dont want him failing again. Not difficult.
Its not about trying. Its about producing.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Why is Doan a better playoff performer than Semin?

Playoff stats:

Doan: 55 GP, 15 G, 13 A, 28 P
Semin: 51 GP, 15 G, 19 A, 34 P

Plus dude is 36.
they like old canadian players if it isn't obvious

Old
07-06-2012, 01:44 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
The irrational part of it is having a fit about it 6 days into the player movement window.
Not really, unless you think the irrational part is that they only just started having the fit.

So far as I can tell, there is only one person who thinks the roster sits better than it did last year. For a team that supposedly has a cup window, that's going to be frustrating for fans.

Is there time to change that? Sure...but I'm not holding my breath with GMGM's history.

07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
I thought the bottom line was you guys wanted better production from the 2nd line winger than what Semin has been able to provide. If Doan's numbers aren't much better than Semin's, how the F is he going to help us provide more production?

Remember...

Its not about trying. Its about producing.
It's been the SDF that's harping on replacing his production, not those that want him gone.

What you're not getting is that Semin doesn't impact the game outside of his offense. A player like Doan does.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Tells me he's a pretty frikin important piece of the puzzle then.

You think things will get BETTER WITHOUT him??? We will most likely end up floundering more unless other guys really up their game.

Like it or not in the series we have won Semin has been one of our top 3 players in each of them. Heck he was a top player vs the Flyers in 07 too.

I'd like to know who this different set of warriors is? I'm not seeing much out there to be honest.

You want to trade a boatload of assets for an overrated Rick Nash and his bloated contract?

How about a boatload of assets for a young Bobby Ryan who has had his own issues of inconsistencies and is now publicly seeking a trade due to whatever issues he seems to have?

Like it or not players like Semin don't grow on trees.

You know what Dallas fans thought of James Neal before the trade to Pitt? He was inconsistent, didn't seem to care, showed up now and then, wasn't assertive enough and didn't use all his talent. How did that work out for them?

Some of you want Chris Stuart? He certainly seemed like a lacksidasical bum last year that is for sure..but WAIT! He plays for "team X" therefore he is better than Semin!

Its easy to get disenchanted with a player as familiarity breeds contempt.

Most of you will get what you wished for. Lets hope you are right and that he is addition by subtraction. I just don't see it.
LOL...only at HFboards does a guy repeatedly failing prove that the team will fail even more without him.

Apathy breeds contempt. Making the same killer boneheaded mistakes over and over year after year breeds contempt.

Come on Tinner, you've got a lot better in you than this fearmongering.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
What you're not getting is that Semin doesn't impact the game outside of his offense.
Keep repeating it enough and it will become true I guess?

He's no intangibles machine a la Perron or Ryder or Samuelsson though.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'm not looking at it right now but I'll bet Semin's decline over the past 24 months is more pronounced than Doan's.

Age isn't everything.
You must be really ******** bricks over #8s last 24 months then, eh?

Old
07-06-2012, 01:47 PM
um

Quote:
LOL...only at HFboards does a guy repeatedly failing prove that the team will fail even more without him.

Apathy breeds contempt. Making the same killer boneheaded mistakes over and over year after year breeds contempt.

Come on Tinner, you've got a lot better in you than this fearmongering.
we should also get rid of ovechkin, backstrom, holtby, johansson, green because ive had it with their failures

Old
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
we should also get rid of ovechkin, backstrom, holtby, johansson, green because ive had it with their failures
When they become UFAs, if their failures continue, I'm sure we will.

Old
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
You must be really ******** bricks over #8s last 24 months then, eh?
Absolutely. Even more so about Green.

Old
tycoonheart

"a guy failing"

lol.

Yeah we **** the bed in the playoffs because of one guy failing. It has nothing to do with the rest of the team or the coaches.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
"a guy failing"

lol.

Yeah we **** the bed in the playoffs because of one guy failing. It has nothing to do with the rest of the team or the coaches.
If Semin even scores 2 goals against the Rangers, we're probably in the ECF. Yes, one guy failing can knock you out when they play an important role, i.e. primary scorer, secondary scorer, goalie, offensive d, etc.

Old
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Awesome first round player.

Wheeeeee!!
Yeah, we should get rid of him to make space for all our awesome 2nd round players!

Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not really, unless you think the irrational part is that they only just started having the fit.

So far as I can tell, there is only one person who thinks the roster sits better than it did last year. For a team that supposedly has a cup window, that's going to be frustrating for fans.

Is there time to change that? Sure...but I'm not holding my breath with GMGM's history.
Hey I think I've been as critical as anyone about McPhee, but I've come to accept he's here for at least another go round.

You're right though, it's frustrating for all. It's still irrational to have fits about it today when we don't know what the roster will look like in Sept.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Deflect deflect SDF...when at first you don't succeed, start pointing the finger at all your other team members.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:55 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If Semin even scores 2 goals against the Rangers, we're probably in the ECF. Yes, one guy failing can knock you out when they play an important role, i.e. primary scorer, secondary scorer, goalie, offensive d, etc.
It's pointless. No amount of reason will sway the inner fan boys of the SDF.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
And if he doesn't score one against Thomas when Backstrom selfishly got himself suspended (yay Backstrom he's so smart and disciplined and gritty tho) then we're out in the first round. And if he doesn't carry us when Hunter is figuring things out from December til April we're near the lottery drafting a Forsberg or a Grigorienko. Damn you Semin

If we wanna play the what-if game Ward and his high stick should be out the door before him. And holtby for giving that turd up to Richards which neutered the whole team 1 minute into game 7.

Old
um

Quote:
When they become UFAs, if their failures continue, I'm sure we will.

have you seen any of the past cup winners, did they trade away all of their players after there failures?

Old
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
You could just swap teams again like when you jumped on board when Ovechkin was drafted?

Old
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
But this comment can be said about anyone on the team. If Ovi scores a couple more, if Nicky scores a couple more, if Laich scores a couple more.

And I can reverse it and say if Semin didn't score the goals against Boston... then what?

The fact is its a team game. Anyone could've scored those two extra goals.

Closed Thread