HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curse You Minnesota - Free Agent Frenzy IV

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 500
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov

Quote:
As some asked re: the 3 year $30m reported offer to Semin from the KHL - false on both the term and the money.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:19 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I'm sure some Islander fans said the same thing about Yashin, how'd that work out for them?
Yashin was their best player and captain for five years and his arrival got the NYI back into the post-season (four times) after a 7 year absence.

Only problem is they gave up too much for him (Jason Spezza) and signed him for a decade.

Compared to the Alex Semin situation, the Avalanche wouldn't have to give up assets, nor would they have to sign him to insane contract.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:42 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Only problem is they gave up too much for him (Jason Spezza) and signed him for a decade.
I don't think Spezza's development was what made that trade terrible; it was Chara's.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Quote:
Canucks settle with Mason Raymond before arbitrations. 1 year, $2.275 mil.

Old
07-09-2012, 01:55 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I don't think Spezza's development was what made that trade terrible; it was Chara's.
what made the deal terrible and is the Islanders had him and Peca and pretty much nothing else. and both were signed to monster deals and without overpaying guys to go there they had nothing else.

Yashin's production dipped badly after the deal yes, but he wasn't surrounded by much.
as good as Chara and Spezza turned out to be. if they surround Yashin with talent and he continues on as a 80+ point player and NYI continuously make the playoffs then it was worth the deal.

Old
07-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
What's hard to believe? The fact that Backstrom played 42 games alongside Ovy while Semin played with the MoJo and Laich?

And Ovy is a really hard worker, his backchecking over the course of his career is really something to behold.
The fact that Backstrom and Ovy played all 42 games together. I'm sure there were a few games at least they got split up.

I guess you could say Semin was "sheltered" and yet he still couldn't put up more points than Ovy. I guess it's not as easy as we thought getting "sheltered" and being the top point getter on the team,Hmm interesting.

I DO NOT CARE about Ovies backchecking, everyone knows he's trash it's not his game. What does this have to do about Semin tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
His '10 playoffs weren't as bad as people make it out to be and I talked about that before. As a fan of Montreal I saw all those games and Semin was the most dangerous player on the ice alongside Ovy.

I posted this before but I guess you didn't see it before:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...emin-arguments
... And as an Ovy fanboy I've watched everygame off his in the post season since he entered the league. It's how I become a Varly fan as couple of other caps players become my favorites. Yeah, he had the most shots on the team but does shot= effort now? His teammates found it much easier to score yet he couldn't buy a goal to save his life why is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
There has always been just enough Caps fans to back him up when hes getting s*** on to make you wonder as well.

Varlamov is now a fan favorite here and that has to make anyone wonder when it comes to supposedly enigmatic Caps players.
Varly isn't an enigma and was never considered one. He wanted a chance to be the number 1 and forced a trade much like what Bernier is doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Yashin was their best player and captain for five years and his arrival got the NYI back into the post-season (four times) after a 7 year absence.

Compared to the Alex Semin situation, the Avalanche wouldn't have to give up assets, nor would they have to sign him to insane contract.
Yeah, that's all well and good but why did they buy out his contract? If he was so good for them and an obvious leader, they decided he wasn't worth having him on the team so they had to pay him installments, just to get rid of his cancer. His contract has crippled them(along with a few other things) and the whole Yashin fiasco has become one of the biggest blunders the last decade.

Old
07-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Yeah, that's all well and good but why did they buy out his contract? If he was so good for them and an obvious leader, they decided he wasn't worth having him on the team so they had to pay him installments, just to get rid of his cancer. His contract has crippled them(along with a few other things) and the whole Yashin fiasco has become one of the biggest blunders the last decade.
So...why exactly are we talking about Yashin?

Semin's contract, if he gets one from us, will be a one or two year deal. The money won't cripple us as our owner is rich off his ass and we're barely over the cap floor.

Soo again, why are we talking about Yashin?

Old
07-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama0905 View Post
So...why exactly are we talking about Yashin?

Semin's contract, if he gets one from us, will be a one or two year deal. The money won't cripple us as our owner is rich off his ass and we're barely over the cap floor.

Soo again, why are we talking about Yashin?
If he was getting only a 1 year deal or 2, he would've been signed by now. He's gone the past 2 years signing 1 year contracts, I would imagine he wants some stability.

I used Yashin as an example of how a great talent but couldn't give a rats ass about winning or the team. You don't win championships, having 6 million dollar passengers on your team. Their cut from the same cloth but from the looks of it Semin is much better off the ice, as opposed to Yashin who's a jackass both on and off the ice.

Last edited by Frenchy: 07-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old
07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Apparently the flames are close to signing Mueller, their #1 center at long last!

Old
07-09-2012, 05:04 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
Apparently the flames are close to signing Mueller, their #1 center at long last!
Where did you hear this? I'd rather he go to the East Coast so it would be easier for him.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
FoppaForsberg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Where did you hear this? I'd rather he go to the East Coast so it would be easier for him.
Over on the flames board, that forum's broke a few things so it might be true.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate

Quote:
Is this old? Hearing Avalanche have signed D Sean Sullivan

Old
07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
@nhlupdate
Is this old? Hearing Avalanche have signed D Sean Sullivan
Hmmm....

Old
07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Monsters only have 5 D right now, so that wouldn't surprise me. Need to add 2 more D for the minors, so Sullivan will take one of those spots. I just hope he doesn't take PP time from Barrie and Elliott.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:21 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Is he even a decent AHL defenseman?

Old
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Is he even a decent AHL defenseman?
Yes.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
The Shermanator
Butts

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM93 View Post
Oh god... I really hope he doesn't sign in our division. He will score a hat trick against us every time.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Monsters only have 5 D right now, so that wouldn't surprise me. Need to add 2 more D for the minors, so Sullivan will take one of those spots. I just hope he doesn't take PP time from Barrie and Elliott.
I don't think he would as he is a lefty and Elliott and Barrie will probably be on different units. Sullivan will probably surpass Pock on the second pairing though.

Probably looking at this for next year:
Gaunce-Elliott
Sullivan-Barrie
Chouinard-Pock

PP1
Sullivan/Pock - Elliott
PP2
Gaunce/Chouinard-Barrie

Old
07-09-2012, 05:24 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Poor Pock. He thought he was coming to fight for an NHL job, yet us pros here have him on the AHL team's bottom pairing.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:26 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 562
Sean Sullivan tweets like a boss..... according to his twitter.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:26 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Poor Pock. He thought he was coming to fight for an NHL job, yet us pros here have him on the AHL team's bottom pairing.
To be fair the last time he played in North America he scored 3 points in 59 games in the NHL.

Last edited by henchman24: 07-09-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old
07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Foppa Frossa

Wonder if any of our guys would be hesitant on laying a big hit on Mueller if he played for CGY (or any other team for that matter)

Old
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
Wonder if any of our guys would be hesitant on laying a big hit on Mueller if he played for CGY (or any other team for that matter)
only the ones who would be hesitant to lay a big hit on someone to begin with.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:39 PM
the_fan

This is for Kroenke to take notes!!!!!

The Midwest appeal of Parise and Suter already has helped Wild owner Craig Leipold recoup some of the $196 million he spent on his two new stars. Nearly 2,000 season tickets have been sold in the five days since the duo signed matching 13-year, $98 million contracts.

Edit: Gotta bring in stars if you want to up the ticket sale and attendance.

Old
07-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
If he was getting only a 1 year deal or 2, he would've been signed by now. He's gone the past 2 years signing 1 year contracts, I would imagine he wants some stability.

I used Yashin as an example of how a great talent but couldn't give a rats ass about winning or the team. You don't win championships, having 6 million dollar passengers on your team. Their cut from the same cloth but from the looks of it Semin is much better off the ice, as opposed to Yashin who's a jackass both on and off the ice.
LA Kings:

Jeff Carter - $5.3 Million

Hmm...apparently it is possible to win a championship with a $6 million (close enough) passenger on your team.

But Carter isn't Russian, so I guess it's okay for him.

Semin provides goals. Clean and simple. If we get him, it'll be on a one or two year deal, as I said. Hell, three years would be just fine too. I don't even care if Semin provides the needy goals. He'll provide us with enough to get us in a good position in the standings at the very least. He will probably also win a couple games in the playoffs for us just on sheer talent and luck alone.

In the situation that we would get him if we do (knowing that Sherman and co. don't give out long-term contracts and the Avs in general have a history of the same xenophobia that's keeping him off teams right now), Semin would be an amazing addition to this team.

Closed Thread