HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Beach

Old
06-23-2012, 10:29 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

vCash: 500
Kyle Beach

Is this the year he has to make the jump to the big club. He has discipline and injury problems the last couple of years. Some people were complaining about the size of the Hawks forward prospects. Beach obviously does not have an issue with build.

When Buff was traded MANY on this site had him penciled in to replace him. Reminds me of the Saad line ups posted every other day. If he's not the guy should he be shopped. There has to be some value there. He probably would of been up in lieu of Hayes without the injury last year.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:38 PM
jservs7
Blackhawks' Nation

Does anyone think Beach, even if he gets called up this year, has a chance to break even 3rd line duty with our forward depth?

I haven't heard much about his progression, but unless he has the hands and can cause some kinda havoc in front of the goalie with one of our top 2 lines, I just can't see him fitting at the moment.

Any enlightenment would be great of course.

jservs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 10:58 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Another thing, I can't find any stats for the guy last year. I know he was injured but he did play some games.

Old
06-23-2012, 11:04 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Having both Beach and Jayes at this moment feels a little redundant

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:09 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I guess give him a chance. I really don't like him as a player...but it's not as though i wish him ill or anything like that. if he proves me wrong, i'll be happy to say 'mea culpa'. but, yeah...don't like him at all.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Another thing, I can't find any stats for the guy last year. I know he was injured but he did play some games.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=90922

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Sevanston

No, he doesn't have to make the Hawks this year.

But if he doesn't light it up in Rockford, expect him to be gone at the deadline.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:33 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Beach showed enough in his limited time in Rockford this year to convince me that not only will he be a major player for the Icehogs next year, but he'll probably earn several call ups throughout the year and eventually stick going into the playoffs a la Andrew Shaw.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2012, 11:43 PM
WarriorofTime

He should at the very least make his NHL debut at some point next year. He's competing with Hayes and to a lesser extent Ben Smith for a spot moving forward. Work hard, bring a physical presence, and hopefully score a few goals and he'll stay.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

What the Hawks need from him is to be a big, strong, physical, mean, tough, but smartly tough forward who will take the body, bang along the boards, and get in a goalies face and make his life miserable. Whether he scores is irrelevant as the Hawks don't need scoring, not saying he can get by with 7 goals if he plays a full season but 13-15 is fine with me if he plays his game.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Cullksinikers

Been annoyed with this guy for years. Whether it's injuries, character, or lack of heart in his own end, he's been an awful pick for us so far. Yes, some prospects take even five years to develop, but I believe he should be further along due to where he was picked. Beach hasn't given me much hope. He's a guy I think of as adding to sweeten a deal or maybe playing on our fourth line someday.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:15 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Been annoyed with this guy for years. Whether it's injuries, character, or lack of heart in his own end, he's been an awful pick for us so far. Yes, some prospects take even five years to develop, but I believe he should be further along due to where he was picked. Beach hasn't given me much hope. He's a guy I think of as adding to sweeten a deal or maybe playing on our fourth line someday.
At this point given some of the amazing players taken after him (Myers, Karlsson, Gardiner, Sbisa, Del Zotto, Eberle, Ennis, Carlson) it's a lost cause hoping that turns out to not be a bad pick. At this point I'm just hoping Beach can salvage enough to be a decent third liner or be part of a good trade.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:23 AM
Cullksinikers

I remember venting my feelings about Beach at prospect camp last summer to my cousin. Some people that were major IceHogs fans were eavesdropping and laughing after each point I made. I think it's hilarious that they laughed at me after another year was wasted. It's time to move on. The Hawks' bottom-six really is fine. It's not like we're lacking any respectable bottom-six talent currently on our roster or elsewhere in the system.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:29 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I remember venting my feelings about Beach at prospect camp last summer to my cousin. Some people that were major IceHogs fans were eavesdropping and laughing after each point I made. I think it's hilarious that they laughed at me after another year was wasted. It's time to move on. The Hawks' bottom-six really is fine. It's not like we're lacking any respectable bottom-six talent currently on our roster or elsewhere in the system.
The guy was injured most of last season.

Old
06-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
The guy was injured most of last season.
That's why I referred to it as a wasted year.

Old
06-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Rexy

Quote:
if the Hawks bottom 6 was fine, Bolland wouldn't have new line mates every night.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
What the Hawks need from him is to be a big, strong, physical, mean, tough, but smartly tough forward who will take the body, bang along the boards, and get in a goalies face and make his life miserable. Whether he scores is irrelevant as the Hawks don't need scoring, not saying he can get by with 7 goals if he plays a full season but 13-15 is fine with me if he plays his game.
He played this way in junior hockey to a tee. Ripped off a 50+ goal year and was a total pain in the ass to play against.

Who can forget when he scored the empty net goal where he did hockey's version of a Deion sanders high stepping it to the net which then led to a bench clearing brawl.

If he can put it all altogether at the NHL level he'd be driving other teams crazy.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:04 AM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Originally Posted by jservs7 View Post
I haven't heard much about his progression, but unless he has the hands and can cause some kinda havoc in front of the goalie with one of our top 2 lines, I just can't see him fitting at the moment.
FWIW, Before Teravainen was drafted, he had probably had the best hands out of all our prospects.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 06:48 AM
zytz
lumberjack

I know he was off to a good start last year, but Im not going to hold my breath for this guy. I hope he turns out to be a gritty 2nd liner with a scoring touch and a mean streak... but at this point I'll be happy if he fits anywhere on the roster.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:21 AM
unbridledid

As was noted he missed 3/4 of last season.. My issue with him is that he should look to fight less. He isn't that good at it and that is how he injured his shoulder.

At the time he was a good pick and what the Hawks needed ; big, skilled, and with good hands. Those qualities still exist, and the Hawks still need them. Part of the reason he dropped down in his draft year was that he played with a sports hernia for the 2nd half of the season and his production was down.

He coached a kids team in Rockford after the injury, and all reports I have heard is that he doesn't have any negative attitude at all. He certainly isn't anything like the crazy akim aliu...

I hope he works his arse off this summer and takes a job... it's there if he wants it bad enough..

unbridledid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:23 AM
MagicSlap*

I still like Beach as a prospect. I think he plays a big role in Rockford this year and gets around 20 games with the club in 3rd line duties.

People on this site sometimes drive me crazy. I understand he was taken high but it was understood at the time he would be a project pick, now is about the time he's supposed to be putting it together but people already believe his time here is done.

Let him develop, don't trade him, he has much greater value to us than anybody else (maybe Tallon).

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

He'll get his shot this year. Beach will be a good 3rd liner for us going forward. I think Bickell gets traded during the year when Beach has a good start in Rockford. Bickell gets traded and Beach gets his spot

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 10:31 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
He'll get his shot this year. Beach will be a good 3rd liner for us going forward. I think Bickell gets traded during the year when Beach has a good start in Rockford. Bickell gets traded and Beach gets his spot
We could use both players if they play like they're capable. I wouldn't be in any hurry to trade either.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
At this point given some of the amazing players taken after him (Myers, Karlsson, Gardiner, Sbisa, Del Zotto, Eberle, Ennis, Carlson) it's a lost cause hoping that turns out to not be a bad pick. At this point I'm just hoping Beach can salvage enough to be a decent third liner or be part of a good trade.
But Tallon was such a good GM..no way these players will be better than Beach.

So glad he's not our GM anymore.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:34 AM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
But Tallon was such a good GM..no way these players will be better than Beach.

So glad he's not our GM anymore.
You are clearly a dope tallinn was amazing. Bowman's the dope. (sarcasm)

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote