HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Habs interested in Sharp...

Old
07-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Hawksfan2828

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSemi View Post
Source: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl120704.html

Tomas Plekanec anyone?

What do you think of those rumors?
I heard the rumor was Kane and Hammer for PK Subban and Plekanec +...

I don't see Kane being traded, nor do I want to see Sharp traded.

I'm content with our core, I was hoping we could have added a couple pieces via FA...

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
Okay, just one: Ridiculous. -- RT @chicitymauro11: @ChrisKuc any thoughts on the 88 + 4 to MTL for Plekanec and Subban rumor?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 12:49 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc
Okay, just one: Ridiculous. -- RT @chicitymauro11: @ChrisKuc any thoughts on the 88 + 4 to MTL for Plekanec and Subban rumor?
At least one dude has his head on his shoulders for this one.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:05 AM
Kboum

Hey guys, Habs fan here.

What would it take for the Habs to get Stalberg ?

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboum View Post
Hey guys, Habs fan here.

Lars Eller.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 09:26 AM
u2wojo

Quote:
Hey guys, Habs fan here.

Stalberg, Hjammer, and a middling pick/Prospect for Plek
Stalberg + a decent prospect (not one of the top 10...ie Saad, McNeil, Danault, Pirri, Morin, ect) for Emelin
Stalberg + Hjammer for Emelin and 2nd or solid prospect.

Last edited by u2wojo: 07-16-2012 at 09:40 AM.
u2wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:20 AM
rick hawk

I'd be ok with Sharp for Plekanac. Plekanac is the second line center that Sharp can't or won't be.

rick hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 10:33 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
You guys are insane. Stalberg for Eller? Stalberg, Hammer, and pick for Emelin? Good lord.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Kboum

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
You guys are insane. Stalberg for Eller? Stalberg, Hammer, and pick for Emelin? Good lord.
Well as a Habs fan, I wouldnt trade Eller or Emelin.

Bourque is probably the player on the block for the Habs also Diaz and Weber (bottom pair D-men)
Habs need a top 6 scoring winger to play with Pleky since I don't believe Bourque will be the answer and I thought Stalberg is ready to take top 6 minutes and PP time. He reminds me a bit of Filpulla. I'm sure Plekanec will be traded before Eller

Thank you for your answers.

Kboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Actually it was Stalberg + Hammer for Emelin AND a solid prospect pick.

Old
07-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2wojo View Post
Actually it was Stalberg + Hammer for Emelin AND a solid prospect pick.
Is that prospect/pick Galchenyuk?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Is that prospect/pick Galchenyuk?
Nope...I was thinking a 2nd rounder (although a first or Kristo would be nice if the Habs have soured on him). Hjammer for me is a part that don't fit based on salary slotting...Seabs, Keith and Oduya are clearly 3 of your top 4 and Leddy was given a chance in that role last year and would logically again be pencilled into that type of role this year. While I would much rather not seen Oduya get the extension he got and continue with Hjammer in one of those slots...that no longer is a choice given the extension. Stalberg is a case of selling high and opening a slot for a kid. I think some (or several) of Saad, Ben Smith, Morin, McNeil, Hayes can do what Stalberg does and do it better at this point.

Old
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
DCSemi

Quote:
Well as a Habs fan, I wouldnt trade Eller or Emelin.

Bourque is probably the player on the block for the Habs also Diaz and Weber (bottom pair D-men)
Bourque? No thanks!

Second laziest NHLer after Scott Gomez. You can keep him!

DCSemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Nope...I was thinking a 2nd rounder
There is just 1 problem with that

Hammer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emelin
Stalberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd round pick

Old
07-16-2012, 02:17 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
There is just 1 problem with that

Hammer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emelin
Stalberg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd round pick
4.375 cap hit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2.0 cap hit

Old
07-16-2012, 03:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Um, is Montreal or Chicago in a position to concern themselves over 2.375M, especially Montreal? Hammer's contract is market value and Stalberg has an undervalued contract. You're not getting both of them for Emelin and a 2nd round pick, to which Chicago has had numerous 2nd round picks over the past 3 years.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 03:14 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Um, is Montreal or Chicago in a position to concern themselves over 2.375M, especially Montreal? Hammer's contract is market value and Stalberg has an undervalued contract. You're not getting both of them for Emelin and a 2nd round pick, to which Chicago has had numerous 2nd round picks over the past 3 years.
I don't have an idea what Chicago may have on the backburner as possible deals, but cap flexibility/room may be a valuable commodity when the CBA gets settled (I assume the new order will be a max of less then the 70+ current ceiling). There may be teams that have to dump some players when the cap gets lowered and the Hawks may have an idea of who that might be. Chicago has no 2nd (or 3rd) round pick in a deep draft next year. While I don't necessarily feel the Hawks need more futures as they have a very deep prospect pool, I'm not Little Bo either (that and more 2nd rounders turn out to be nothing then something).

Old
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I don't have an idea what Chicago may have on the backburner as possible deals, but cap flexibility/room may be a valuable commodity when the CBA gets settled (I assume the new order will be a max of less then the 70+ current ceiling). There may be teams that have to dump some players when the cap gets lowered and the Hawks may have an idea of who that might be. Chicago has no 2nd (or 3rd) round pick in a deep draft next year. While I don't necessarily feel the Hawks need more futures as they have a very deep prospect pool, I'm not Little Bo either (that and more 2nd rounders turn out to be nothing then something).
Chicago is like 8M below the cap currently.. I don't think they'll be one of the teams worrying about the cap possibly coming down unless they sign someone like Doan or make a significant trade.. in which, Hjalmarsson would likely be included.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
Chicago is like 8M below the cap currently.. I don't think they'll be one of the teams worrying about the cap possibly coming down unless they sign someone like Doan or make a significant trade.. in which, Hjalmarsson would likely be included.
I don't know of to many people that expect the cap to remain anywhere near 70 million. I doubt the Hawks are anywhere near 8 million under the number that gets set in September (or later).

Old
07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I don't know of to many people that expect the cap to remain anywhere near 70 million. I doubt the Hawks are anywhere near 8 million under the number that gets set in September (or later).
That's kind of the point. Whether or not the cap comes down, Chicago is currently comfortably under the cap and likely won't need to worry about moving players to make room for the cap possibly coming down.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:38 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
That's kind of the point. Whether or not the cap comes down, Chicago is currently comfortably under the cap and likely won't need to worry about the moving players to make room for the cap possibly coming down.
My point is that the Hawks may want to be in a position to take advantage of the cap lowering (from the current 70) and teams being forced to move a pricey contract. A team needing to make a dump will not be taking Hjammer and his 3.5 per back if they are trying to shed payroll. It's not about the Hawks having to shed, it's about being in a position to add at the expense of someone having to shed.

Bruins, Wild, & Vancouver are teams sniffing 70 already and if the cap ends up at 64...something would need to give. Now there is no telling what provisions will be in the ultimate settlement....maybe amnesty buyouts, maybe an across the board reduction by a set percentage of all contracts, ect, but having some space may help.

I think cap space is a minor reason to make a deal, but if you like Emelin's fit in the Hawk roster better the Hjammerson (and I do) and feel Stalberg is more Frolik then an actual 20 goal scorer...you just might.

Old
07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

if the Hawks need to dump money, they have Frolik to dump too or Hjammer for a late 1st/early 2nd.

why should we include a cheap player in Stalberg that produces his contract. You want Stalberg, we want something good. Not sure what but not scraps

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 04:06 PM
u2wojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if the Hawks need to dump money, they have Frolik to dump too or Hjammer for a late 1st/early 2nd.

why should we include a cheap player in Stalberg that produces his contract. You want Stalberg, we want something good. Not sure what but not scraps
First...I'm a Hawk fan. 2nd, I'm not convinced Stalberg isn't Frolik, namely an abberation with a good season. If Stalberg finally figured it out and is really going to be a 20 goal scorer concistantly going forward, he will not fit with the Hawks anyway long term (he's a pending UFA and will comand 3 per IF (and I'm not convinced there will be a repeat) he pots 20+ again). Hjammer for a early 2nd is what I'm suggesting (and Stalberg for Emelin). Maybe you can get more for Stalberg then I think...I'm just not a believer he is much of anything other then Jack Skille 2.0....skates real fast, but little or no hockey sense and the sum of the parts is less then the total package you actually get.

Old
07-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
We don't need cap space, so that doesn't weigh in to the negotiation at all.

Plus, since when did cap space + crappy assets = a top 4 dman and a top 6 forward?

Old
07-16-2012, 11:30 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
First...I'm a Hawk fan. 2nd, I'm not convinced Stalberg isn't Frolik, namely an abberation with a good season. If Stalberg finally figured it out and is really going to be a 20 goal scorer concistantly going forward, he will not fit with the Hawks anyway long term (he's a pending UFA and will comand 3 per IF (and I'm not convinced there will be a repeat) he pots 20+ again). Hjammer for a early 2nd is what I'm suggesting (and Stalberg for Emelin). Maybe you can get more for Stalberg then I think...I'm just not a believer he is much of anything other then Jack Skille 2.0....skates real fast, but little or no hockey sense and the sum of the parts is less then the total package you actually get.
This whole post is nonsense.

First, if Stalberg does "figure it out" - as it seems you don't approve his past season - he will be even better than a 20 goal guy, right? Teams develop players, and if they succeed in the system they try to keep them. That's what they call a "fit". I'm all for trading him for an upgrade, but only because he has value that you don't acknowledge

The comparison to Forlik is so off I'll not even comment other than to say they are not comparable players in any sense.

And for Stalberg to be Skille 2.0, Skille would have to be an impact player first. He's a nothing, a 5th draft pick trade-value guy. Dude has 17 career goals and 6% shooting%.

LarmerSavardSecord is offline   Reply With Quote