HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hjalmersson for Backstrom

Old
07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
madgoat33

vCash: 500
lol he's shown almost nothing in the NHL.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:08 PM
MagicSlap*

Oh really? How many times have you watcher Bernier play? Kings fans have watched every game and are singing a far different tune. Oh, but you've read his stat line, good.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:10 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

I'd do a 1st for Bernier in a heartbeat.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:10 PM
madgoat33

great for kings fans. Only thing that matters for a goalie are the numbers.

That said, I'd give up a late round first for him if that's all it took.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:13 PM
MagicSlap*

That's up there with one of the dumbest things I've heard on this site.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
That's up there with one of the dumbest things I've heard on this site.
lol are you serious? Who cares if he looks good at times if he's inconsistent? What has he proven at the NHL level? Really, please explain.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:18 PM
MagicSlap*

Well for starters, Brodeur, considered a top 3 goalie of all time, has a career sv% of .913, only .003% better than Crawford and Bernier.

Old
07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

If you'd give up one of Beach/Olsen/Hayes/Danault/McNeil/Teravainen, all who've so far made incredibly small and replaceable contributions to the team for the prospect of having a young NHL backup goalie who has much greater POTENTIAL than Crawford...you'd give up a first.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:22 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Brenier is over rated on this board. Aside from that, the Hawks are not going to trade for him.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:26 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Well for starters, Brodeur, considered a top 3 goalie of all time, has a career sv% of .913, only .003% better than Crawford and Bernier.
yea and he's also spent 2 decades proving himself in the NHL and played a large portion of his career in a much different era.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
A Hawkaholic post from another thread, "Goaltending and our bottom 6 is what we need to improve."

Yet when someone suggests bringing in one of the best goalie prospects in the league, LOL NOPE, HANG ON TO THAT 1ST.
Best goalie prospect?
Maybe 4 years ago.

We need to improve our goaltending, but adding Bernier doesnt guarantee that so I will pass giving up a 1st in the deepest draft in a while.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
RomersWorld*

I remember a while ago arguing on HF with Kings fans about Quick being their goaltender of the future. They kept posting that Bernier was the future and Quick was just holding his place...lmao. I was ready to take Quick off their hands right there if they actually believed that...he was much better than his .907 SV% lead to believe. So I'm not so sure I'd trust their judging of goaltending. He is small and hasn't put up good numbers yet. So I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, especially since we are missing our 2nd+3rd already in 2013.

All I know is Bernier has been on HF's top 50 prospects list for like 6 years. It was kind of funny every year you could pencil in Bernier as a top 25 prospect but never in an NHL lineup.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
MagicSlap*

Oh yea Bernier lost out to the goalie who just won the Conn Smythe and should've won the Vezina, he must suck. You say that Quick was much better than his numbers at the time, but I thought madgoat said that numbers are all that matters?

Is Bernier a sure fire NHL starter? No. Is it possible he could be? Yes. I think he would easily be the best goalie in our system. He's challenge Crawford and would give us insurance in case Crawford has another bad year. Sure it's a risk but we have so many forward prospects (and prospects in general) why wouldn't we give up a 1st or a good F prospect for him?

Old
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Illinihockey

This thread is so awesome at proving my point. Everyone says upgrade goalie but we've already determinend that Hawks fans don't think Backstrom or Bernier is a real upgrade and don't want to give anything of value to get either of them.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
This thread is so awesome at proving my point. Everyone says upgrade goalie but we've already determinend that Hawks fans don't think Backstrom or Bernier is a real upgrade and don't want to give anything of value to get either of them.
I agree with this, people act as if we are going to get Lundqvist for a middle round pick and a prospect not named Saad.

Hawks are going to have to get either a veteran who is likely past his prime or about to be past his prime or a younger goalie who hasn't proven anything yet. A proven in his prime starter isn't going to be moved and if he is the Hawks would have to part with Kane, Toews, Kieth or Seabrook plus.

If it is one of those 2 options I would rather have the younger guy who could be a long term solution to the Hawks problem then a veteran with only a year or two left because when he leaves the Hawks are in the same situation.

Say what you will about Bernier but in his pro career NHL and AHL he has put up good numbers and is only 23. I would give up a first round pick for a guy who hasn't proven anything but only because he hasn't been given a chance. He NHL numbers are identical to Crawford, who is 27, and his AHL numbers are much better.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:54 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I remember a while ago arguing on HF with Kings fans about Quick being their goaltender of the future. They kept posting that Bernier was the future and Quick was just holding his place...lmao. I was ready to take Quick off their hands right there if they actually believed that...he was much better than his .907 SV% lead to believe. So I'm not so sure I'd trust their judging of goaltending. He is small and hasn't put up good numbers yet. So I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, especially since we are missing our 2nd+3rd already in 2013.

All I know is Bernier has been on HF's top 50 prospects list for like 6 years. It was kind of funny every year you could pencil in Bernier as a top 25 prospect but never in an NHL lineup.
To be fair most goalies take a long time to reach the NHL. Malcolm Subban could very well do the same thing. He probably won't be ready for 3 years at the earliest. And a lot of people were clamoring for the Hawks to draft him.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

No reason for Min to trade him now, they might be a real contender by the trade deadline with their current roster kept healthy. If they're out of it then, I'm pretty sure he is moved and we will never have to offer anything as valuable as Hammer to get him.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:25 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
No reason for Min to trade him now, they might be a real contender by the trade deadline with their current roster kept healthy. If they're out of it then, I'm pretty sure he is moved and we will never have to offer anything as valuable as Hammer to get him.
The Wild were first in the league at one point last year, and have a lot of youth and now acquired Parise and Suter. They will at the very least be in contention to make the playoffs. If they do not have a chance at contending somehow, trust me, we won't won Backstrom. That will mean that he is not having a good season at all, considering they should be better than last year.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:46 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

It's going to take a whole lot more to get bernier then a first, it's prolly going to be a first and saad... Not that he's proven anything, but that's what it's going to take

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:12 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
A Hawkaholic post from another thread, "Goaltending and our bottom 6 is what we need to improve."

Yet when someone suggests bringing in one of the best goalie prospects in the league, LOL NOPE, HANG ON TO THAT 1ST.
he is right. Our Bottom 6 needs to be upgraded as has to be the Stalberg position if we doubt he can develop a better defensiv game.

We lost Kopy, Ladd, Versteeg and Madden who were all good 2 way players. We replaced them with Stalberg, Bickell and rookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Bernier isn't a real upgrade. He may be, but he isn't. Backstrom would be, but why should the Wild trade him?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Spectra
Registered boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
The Wild were first in the league at one point last year, and have a lot of youth and now acquired Parise and Suter. They will at the very least be in contention to make the playoffs. If they do not have a chance at contending somehow, trust me, we won't won Backstrom. That will mean that he is not having a good season at all, considering they should be better than last year.
My point. They were in first and got hit hard by injuries, that could happen again. So if they're out of it by the deadline it won't necessarily be because Backstrom is playing poorly.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

Bernier isn't a real upgrade. He may be, but he isn't. Backstrom would be, but why should the Wild trade him?
I don't think the Wild will trade him but they may for 2 reasons. #1 Harding is nearly as good as him and Hackett is a stud in waiting and #2 they are at $67.3 mil right now with an impending cap roll back. The trade would allow them to upgrade their defense and save $2.5 mil in cap room.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:33 AM
madgoat33

Whats with this trend of everyone saying stalberg plays bad defense? Its pretty much just not true. He's average at worst and also very good on the forecheck. He was fifth on the team with 51 takeaways, just 2 behind bolland and 4 behind sharp.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:49 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
he is right. Our Bottom 6 needs to be upgraded as has to be the Stalberg position if we doubt he can develop a better defensiv game.

We lost Kopy, Ladd, Versteeg and Madden who were all good 2 way players. We replaced them with Stalberg, Bickell and rookies.

I was referring to his double speak about goaltending.

Funny how you say he isn't an upgrade. Then say he may be. Then say he isn't.

I love your thought processes Bubba.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
DontTazMeBro
LoveYouRyanNash

Would rather use Hammer to trade for someone better.

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash
GO HAWKS!
DontTazMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote