HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames-Bruins blockbuster

Old
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
DJD209

vCash: 500
Flames-Bruins blockbuster

To Boston:
Jay Bouwmeester
Chris Breen
Paul Byron
2nd Round Pick

To Calgary:
David Krecji

Ok so I posted a really similar thread a few days ago and got mixed reviews, with some saying i needed calgary to add some more in the trade. So i did. I heard from eklund of hockeybuzz that that the bruins were in on bowmeester, and i know feaster is looking to add a top six center, does not want to rebuild, and is willing to overpay.

Bouwmeester- its no secret the bruins have good defense, but they also have a very old defense. Except for boychuck the entire bruins defensive lineup is in there 30s. Now tho jaybo has a overpaid contract he is still a very good defenseman. The bruins have/had close to no chance in realing in Matt Carle, Dennis Wideman, Kieth Yandle, Jason Garrison, or Ryan Suter. There best option is Jay. And with such a thin defense market this year most defensemen are getting overpaid aswell. Bouwmeester would fit in nice in their top 4 or top 2, with his great hockey sense, positional play, great skating, and possibly a return to the 40 point plateau in a new venue.

Breen- 23 year old 6'7 defensive defenseman that would fit well in bostons farm system.

Paul Byron- 23 year old speedy center that is definently ready for a full nhl season after his solid 22 games with the flames this year. Not to mention his spectacular AHL and QMJHL campaigns.

David Krejci- Exactly what Feaster needs for his team a solid playmaking center that would be a great fit in on a first line in between iginla and cammelleri. I know that kerjci has an NTC but im sure he'd be willing to go to Calgary. In Boston he would have to live under Seguin and Bergeron spotlight. But in Calgary he would finally emerge into the franchise player he is sure to become.He would also be joining 2 fellow czechs: Cervenka (his 2010 olympic teamate) and Hudler. And with the emergence of Tyler Seguin he can return to his natural position as the top line center of Boston with Bergeron as the second.

DJD209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
No, added too much on the Flames end. Doesn't really make sense for Boston either. Just not a good match.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
How is this a Blockbuster ???

Beside this trade makes absolutely no sense....
Who wopuld Krejci play with ???

The Flames roster and farmteam is absolutely screwed up.

If someone asks me they should do a firesale and give away absolutely everyone with the slightest value
and keep every young player within the organisation.
Put together a farm team roster and collect some 1st rounder over the next 5 years
Fast fix will not do in Calgary anymore

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Bruins can't add salary.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Prairie Habs

Montreal has your second round pick

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
Sorry, salary cap says 'no'.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:29 PM
BruinsBtn

I want some Max Reinhart in there.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Sorry, salary cap says 'no'.
Would something like Jay Bouwmeester, Mikael Backlund and Greg Nemisz for David Krejci and Johnny Boychuk work? Salaries are almost completely even.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Would something like Jay Bouwmeester, Mikael Backlund and Greg Nemisz for David Krejci and Johnny Boychuk work? Salaries are almost completely even.
Bruins want no part of Bouwmeester. None. You wanna talk Iginla, we will listen.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
N o o d l e s

You want Krejci, you have to take Thomas too

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Is it me or are there like 8 things wrong with this deal...even and there isn't even any typical HF homerism overvaluation of prospects.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Bruins want no part of Bouwmeester. None. You wanna talk Iginla, we will listen.
Thanks Chiarelli, I'll make note of that when my office calls yours later this week.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Thanks Chiarelli, I'll make note of that when my office calls yours later this week.
Sounds good, Remember though: Friday I golf and Sat is "date night"

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
That deal sounds great, but then again, I hate the Bruins

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
I came in here expecting an Iginla trade.

This trade sucks for the Bruins lol

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD209 View Post
To Boston:
Jay Bouwmeester
Chris Breen
Paul Byron
2nd Round Pick

To Calgary:
David Krecji

Ok so I posted a really similar thread a few days ago and got mixed reviews, with some saying i needed calgary to add some more in the trade. So i did. I heard from eklund of hockeybuzz that that the bruins were in on bowmeester, and i know feaster is looking to add a top six center, does not want to rebuild, and is willing to overpay.

Bouwmeester- its no secret the bruins have good defense, but they also have a very old defense. Except for boychuck the entire bruins defensive lineup is in there 30s. Now tho jaybo has a overpaid contract he is still a very good defenseman. The bruins have/had close to no chance in realing in Matt Carle, Dennis Wideman, Kieth Yandle, Jason Garrison, or Ryan Suter. There best option is Jay. And with such a thin defense market this year most defensemen are getting overpaid aswell. Bouwmeester would fit in nice in their top 4 or top 2, with his great hockey sense, positional play, great skating, and possibly a return to the 40 point plateau in a new venue.

Breen- 23 year old 6'7 defensive defenseman that would fit well in bostons farm system.

Paul Byron- 23 year old speedy center that is definently ready for a full nhl season after his solid 22 games with the flames this year. Not to mention his spectacular AHL and QMJHL campaigns.

David Krejci- Exactly what Feaster needs for his team a solid playmaking center that would be a great fit in on a first line in between iginla and cammelleri. I know that kerjci has an NTC but im sure he'd be willing to go to Calgary. In Boston he would have to live under Seguin and Bergeron spotlight. But in Calgary he would finally emerge into the franchise player he is sure to become.He would also be joining 2 fellow czechs: Cervenka (his 2010 olympic teamate) and Hudler. And with the emergence of Tyler Seguin he can return to his natural position as the top line center of Boston with Bergeron as the second.
If Boston is trading with Calgary I have the feeling it will be because Calgary finally realizes that they need to get as much as the can for Iginla.

It is also inaccurate to say that all the Bruins D is over 30 except for Boychuk, you also have McQuaid and Hamilton and Krug if the latter two make the team. Hamilton is about as much of a lock as any rookie playing for the Bruins has been in the last couple of years.

Let's say the Bruins take Boumeester and the rest for Krejci, the cap hits don't work out.

Maybe if Calgary was to offer to take Tim Thomas' cap hit they would do it.

But then the problem is that Chiarelli said he will not pay a player a salary that is out of line with where he fits on the team, and Jaybo does not slot in as one of the best 1 or 2 players on the team. Chiarelli has said how he cares that the players on the Bruins have taken less money to stay in Boston and he doesn't want to pay a player more than those players unless they are actually better players. That kind of rules out Bouwmeester.

Somebody out there in Calgary needs to tell Feaster to stop settling for mediocrity and rebuild already.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Trading Bouw leaves a huge hole in our defense. We can't afford to trade him unless we have someone to replace him with.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:00 PM
flameaholic
#neverquit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Beside this trade makes absolutely no sense....
Who would Krejci play with ???
Tanguay/Cammalleri - Krejci - Iginla

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:03 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Salary cap works fine as is.

I don't know why some Bruins fans refuse to acknowledge that the Bruins could use Savard's LTIE- even Chiarelli has said it.

That said, I wouldn't want to see the Bruins trade Krejci for J-Bo.

07-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Lord Ahriman

Why would the Bruins do this? We can't trade any top 6 forward unless another one is on the table.

Last edited by Lord Ahriman: 07-04-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Xelstyle

I don't see Bouwmeester being a particular need for the Bruins.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:56 PM
BergyWho37

I keep saying in other posts... jay bo with Iginla or Cammalleri for Krejci, Caron, Ference .. maybe Boychuk instead of Ference but not sure he would waive his NTC .. numbers are close... Not everyone likes it and understand to a point why but there is good for both teams

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:03 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
I keep saying in other posts... jay bo with Iginla or Cammalleri for Krejci, Caron, Ference .. maybe Boychuk instead of Ference but not sure he would waive his NTC .. numbers are close... Not everyone likes it and understand to a point why but there is good for both teams
...that is not good for the Flames.

ComixZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
...that is not good for the Flames.
I understand how you feel but bruin fans .. Don't want to throw Krejci away were looking for an upgrade from a Center to a Winger NOT Jay bo and basically players that will never crack our lineup..

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
thaman8765678

The Bruins don't like butter soft defencemen and their fans would HATE Bouwmeester pretty quickly. At the same time why do the Flames want to lose draft picks etc when they should be rebuilding? Trade makes no sense from either point of view. But assuming the teams wanted to this deal as the trade stands I think Calgary would have to send another 1st round pick or Glencross etc which they wouldn't do.

thaman8765678 is offline   Reply With Quote