HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny+ for Joe Colborne+

Old
07-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
"Scraps" are 4th liners no one wants. Kulemin is 25, is a year removed from a 30 goal season, can hit and plays great defense.

Macarthur is a year removed from 61 points (more than Stastny's had in 3 years).

Colburne is a first round pick with nice potential. These are the definitions of scraps at all.

But then again, I'm talking to a crowd that always undervalues Leaf players, so what can I expect?
Kulemin is good, but if Stastny is declining, what does that say about Kulemin?

You offer a whole bunch of 'meh' assets trying to cite their point totals or what they did in the past in the hopes you can get one 'good' asset from a team that wants to keep him.

Tell ya what, read this thread. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375

You don't agree with that OP, then don't bother posting in here again. Because we'll not be getting anywhere as opposing franchises.

The only pieces which make sense are Gardiner and Kessel, no other pieces make sense for our club. And I'm personally not even interested in Gardiner, there is nothing to assure us that he will be a long term top pairing guy or even effective with EJ.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
This would not even get consideration from the Avs. Stop flattering yourself. No interested whatsoever.
no interest from the leafs either, Burke wouldn't do Kadri and Kulemin for Richards last summer, no chance he would offer more for Stastny

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Keith View Post
no interest from the leafs either, Burke wouldn't do Kadri and Kulemin for Richards last summer, no chance he would offer more for Stastny
Good.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Kulemin is good, but if Stastny is declining, what does that say about Kulemin?

You offer a whole bunch of 'meh' assets trying to cite their point totals or what they did in the past in the hopes you can get one 'good' asset from a team that wants to keep him.

Tell ya what, read this thread. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1217375

You don't agree with that OP, then don't bother posting in here again. Because we'll not be getting anywhere as opposing franchises.

The only pieces which make sense are Gardiner and Kessel, no other pieces make sense for our club. And I'm personally not even interested in Gardiner, there is nothing to assure us that he will be a long term top pairing guy or even effective with EJ.
Not as much since Kulemin has declined for half the amount of time.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Just jumping in here without reading much besides the first and last page, but

Phaneuf for Stastny makes a lot of sense. Similar cap hits, fills a need on both teams. Maybe some picks to even it out. Of course, as a Canucks fan I wouldn't want a division rival made stronger, but whatever.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:22 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
[/B]

You sort of have to wonder why that is.....hmmm....lets look at a few former Leaf players who where highly touted by the masses of Leafs fans. Kaberle - yeah, not so good, Stajan - turned into a real good 4th line C, Poni - at least he has size, Antropov - has a cool robot sounding name, Raycroft - oh yeah you guys traded for him, nevermind , Wellwood - I guess he's better then Hagman, Hagman - almost as good as Wellwood.

So you may need to cut the poster some slack who think Leafs players automatically get bumped up a level by a large vocal fan base.

Really? Kaberle is still the 3rd highest scoring D-Man since the lockout. And didn't this board predict Leaf fans would be shocked because Kaberle was worth a 3rd rounder?

Kaberle in his prime was an elite offensive D-man.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:23 PM
mark3361

Quote:
how did that work out?

mark3361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
[/B]

You sort of have to wonder why that is.....hmmm....lets look at a few former Leaf players who where highly touted by the masses of Leafs fans. Kaberle - yeah, not so good, Stajan - turned into a real good 4th line C, Poni - at least he has size, Antropov - has a cool robot sounding name, Raycroft - oh yeah you guys traded for him, nevermind , Wellwood - I guess he's better then Hagman, Hagman - almost as good as Wellwood.

So you may need to cut the poster some slack who think Leafs players automatically get bumped up a level by a large vocal fan base.
lol...awesome post!

You forgot the 2nd coming of Jesus, the guy that it didn't matter that trade Rask away because they still have him....JUSTIN POGGE!!!

Quote:
Wow, no wonder you guys are where you're at then.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Not as much since Kulemin has declined for half the amount of time.
I guess you didn't read the thread then... too bad.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
I tend to agree with Leaf fans on this. Stasnty has a horrendous contract, and his numbers have been declining. All that stuff about mediocre wingers for the last couple years is bogus. Its time we admit that we have to move Stastny. We already have Duchene and O'Reilly, and having three good centers is a waste, and rather selfish. Trading Stastny to the Leafs would make a lot of sense for both teams. Leafs get their much needed #1 C that we do not need, and we get Kulmein(much needed top 9 winger, as we have a weakness there) Bozak( a much more effective guy to fit in with our other two centers than Stastny) and Connolly(as seanlinden brought up a while a go, Connolly would be much more effective in helping us reach the cap floor than Stastny, all credit goes to him for this brilliant idea) Also, if we threw in a 2nd round pick, or perhaps a prospect like Barrie, I think the Leafs would add Komisarek? All he needs IMO is a change of scenery, and he would be a perfect #4/5 D for us, something which we sorely need.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:38 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Yup. All our players are "Scraps" aren't they?
Now your getting it.

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Drij

Quote:
I tend to agree with Leaf fans on this. Stasnty has a horrendous contract, and his numbers have been declining. All that stuff about mediocre wingers for the last couple years is bogus. Its time we admit that we have to move Stastny. We already have Duchene and O'Reilly, and having three good centers is a waste, and rather selfish. Trading Stastny to the Leafs would make a lot of sense for both teams. Leafs get their much needed #1 C that we do not need, and we get Kulmein(much needed top 9 winger, as we have a weakness there) Bozak( a much more effective guy to fit in with our other two centers than Stastny) and Connolly(as seanlinden brought up a while a go, Connolly would be much more effective in helping us reach the cap floor than Stastny, all credit goes to him for this brilliant idea) Also, if we threw in a 2nd round pick, or perhaps a prospect like Barrie, I think the Leafs would add Komisarek? All he needs IMO is a change of scenery, and he would be a perfect #4/5 D for us, something which we sorely need.
no just stop.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:41 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

Quote:
If thats even remotely true than Burke is even dumber than we give him credit for.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
no just stop.
No way. Preach on Avs44. Truer words have rarely been spoken.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
no just stop.
He's being sarcastic.

Quote:

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
It's ridiculous how sensible you made that sound. Wow.

Phaneuf for Stastny, with picks thrown in. Any takers? Fills a major hole for both sides.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:53 PM
conway902

IN THE LAST TWO YEARS

Paul Stasny- 43g 67a 110p minus 15
MacArther - 41g 64a 105p even

No need of calling all our players scraps

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
It's ridiculous how sensible you made that sound. Wow.

Phaneuf for Stastny, with picks thrown in. Any takers? Fills a major hole for both sides.
No thanks.

Too many questionable character traits and I personally would rather keep Stastny whom I believe (and have demonstrated in the link I posted) just needs better wingers for him to pass to, to revive his statistical career.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:02 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 506
FACT :

Paul Stastny had 2 more points than Mikhail Grabovski last season.... but it took him 5 more games to get them.

Paul Stastny had 1 fewer point than Mikhail Grabovski in 2010-2011, though he did play 7 fewer games.... and he was on a playoff team.

Paul Stastny made 6.6M$ for his 53 points last season. We paid 2.9M$ for Grabovski. Even with his new contract, Grabovski makes 1.1M$ less than Stastny for similar production.

Paul Stastny is 2 years removed from his point-per-game production, and Avs fans still think he's an elite player. Nikolai Kulemin is 1 year removed from his 30 goal season, and Avs fans think he's now a 'scrub'.

Paul Stastny is extremely talented. So is Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp. Point being that your value is not based in talent, it is based in production. Simple fact, completely objective, the way the world works. You're paid for what you will DO, and not what you HAVE DONE.

Bottom line is if anyone thinks they're going to get top tier talent or prospects (i.e. Kessel, Gardiner, Rielly, etc), you're kidding yourself. Ultimately this is a fair trade for both sides as it addresses needs for both. Grabovski is not an elite talent, and yet he's highly comparable to Stastny at a cheaper price tag... and yet no one would say he's fetch players or prospects on the level of Gardiner, Rielly, etc. Mac, Kulie, and Colborne are solid players and this would be a move that could ultimately be a win-win.

OfWolfAndMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
FACT :

Paul Stastny had 2 more points than Mikhail Grabovski last season.... but it took him 5 more games to get them.

Paul Stastny had 1 fewer point than Mikhail Grabovski in 2010-2011, though he did play 7 fewer games.... and he was on a playoff team.

Paul Stastny made 6.6M$ for his 53 points last season. We paid 2.9M$ for Grabovski. Even with his new contract, Grabovski makes 1.1M$ less than Stastny for similar production.

Paul Stastny is 2 years removed from his point-per-game production, and Avs fans still think he's an elite player. Nikolai Kulemin is 1 year removed from his 30 goal season, and Avs fans think he's now a 'scrub'.

Paul Stastny is extremely talented. So is Nikolai Zherdev and Rob Schremp. Point being that your value is not based in talent, it is based in production. Simple fact, completely objective, the way the world works. You're paid for what you will DO, and not what you HAVE DONE.

Bottom line is if anyone thinks they're going to get top tier talent or prospects (i.e. Kessel, Gardiner, Rielly, etc), you're kidding yourself. Ultimately this is a fair trade for both sides as it addresses needs for both. Grabovski is not an elite talent, and yet he's highly comparable to Stastny at a cheaper price tag... and yet no one would say he's fetch players or prospects on the level of Gardiner, Rielly, etc. Mac, Kulie, and Colborne are solid players and this would be a move that could ultimately be a win-win.
What needs?? Tell me right now? If we keep Stastny we do not need Colborne. He is not a need. We have Landeskog, Downie, Parenteau, Jones, McGinn, Hedjuk as our top 9 wingers. Why do we need Kulmein and Mac??? Those are facts. This fills NONE of our needs. Think before posting next time. We need a top line winger or a top pairing D. THOSE are our needs. Yeah, go ahead, tell me how Stasnty would never fetch that in return, and I willingly admit he probably would not. But unless we get one of those pieces in return, WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON TO MOVE STASTNY. NONE. WHATSOEVER.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
FACT :

Old
07-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
FACT :

Avs weren't a playoff team in 2010-11... looks like you got your facts off a tiny bit. But once you fix that, your post is pretty much perfect.

Stastny is definitely along the lines of Zherdev and Schremp, I'm amazed I didn't notice that comparison yet.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa View Post
Okay. Looks like real quickly it's clear that Avs fans aren't liking this deal at ALL.

What if it is:

Nazem Kadri, Matt Frattin, Clarke MacArthur

Kadri is a better prospect than Colborne, Frattin is viewed as higher potential than Kulemin.

In which case maybe this whole trade should just be Kadri and Frattin for Stastny.
frattin holds very little value, certainly less than kulemin.

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:16 PM
pullyoursocksup

Quote:
please tell me you as a leafs fan dont agree with that decision if true.

pullyoursocksup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 50
Quote:
[/B]

A bit scared you just named half the Jets. You also forgot to add Alex Steen and Carlo Coliacovo to that list though.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote