HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Continue here

Old
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
View Post
Quote:
Ottawa has snowstorms from Nov to Feb, cold as hell. It's also boring compared to Montreal.
New York gets snowstorms too (it's not as cold mind you), Toronto gets very similar weather to New York. I wouldn't be surprised if it's his wife wanting to be in a big city thing though (as you said, Ottawa is boring compared to Montreal, which I won't argue).

I think it just gets tiring hearing Melnyk do this constantly, great to have an owner that cares, but sometimes it's over the top. I think this is one of those cases. I'm probably off base a bit, but I'm allowed to speak my opinion and I did.
Oh I agree by far, great that you spoke your opinion. Eugene Melnyk is not the easier person to get along with. That's probably it, NYC is second to none, but Frankly I think he should go to Los Angeles.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Haha, the senators owner comment is hilarious. Such a bad ass.

"oh, you don't want to come here? Well, well, we didn't want you anyway, so there!"

Act like an owner and show some class and not like an immature clown

Old
07-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post

"oh, you don't want to come here? Well, well, we didn't want you anyway, so there!"

He has more money than you.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
puckyeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post

Melnyk lives in antigua or something like that? I remember seeing him working out on the treadmill sweating to the oldies while doing an interview with horse racing network TVG a few years back.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
Nikita Filatov

I know most Blue Jackets fans won't agree with me, but if the Detroit package is good enough compared to the ones from Phi/NYR//San Jose and Nash isn't expanding his list, you got to go with it. And Holland might just do that if he misses out on all the other big names.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Really do not want Nash and his 7.8. The Rangers have a good young core and if his cap hit were to handcuff them from keeping our young stars, I would be very upset

Old
07-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I know most Blue Jackets fans won't agree with me, but if the Detroit package is good enough compared to the ones from Phi/NYR//San Jose and Nash isn't expanding his list, you got to go with it. And Holland might just do that if he misses out on all the other big names.
If that happens we better offer Gary Bettman a 1 million dollar handshake to move the team to the Eastern Conference.

That would be the best offseason move in the Franchise history. Not trading Rick Nash.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Really do not want Nash and his 7.8. The Rangers have a good young core and if his cap hit were to handcuff them from keeping our young stars, I would be very upset
Yes....we know.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
What exactly was the package?

Old
07-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I'm very curious to know what my Wings are offering. I can assure you Smith is not included. My best guess is

Flip/Franzen, Nyquist/Tatar, Jurco/Sheahan and Kindl.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Theridion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Is take nash. But he is being paid near free agent dollars. If I had 7.8, couldn't I just try to entice parise? I mean, I love nash, I've always been a fan, and is love him on the ducks, but it isn't exactly a move to build from.

I guess for nash, I'd give up any prospects and a couple picks that they wanted for nash, just to make some cup runs.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

It kind of BS to have a No Trade Clause and then demand a trade.

Guaranteed contract and no trade clause, then demanding a trade? The team is totally being held hostage.

There should be a formal process for requesting a trade that includes waiving your NTC... Made totally public so everything is on the up and up with the fans...

If you sign a guaranteed deal, tying up a teams cap space and possiblely keeping them for making moves because that space is spoken for, then you demand a trade it should be made public and official and all NTC rights should be voided.

Demanding a trade and then having a no trade clause and limiting where you can be traded totally handicaps a franchise who has been limited by your contract already.

Personally, I would never trade Nash if I'm Columbus... You signed the deal, it's all guaranteed, make it work.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:18 AM
AaronRStanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post

Guaranteed contract and no trade clause, then demanding a trade? The team is totally being held hostage.

There should be a formal process for requesting a trade that includes waiving your NTC... Made totally public so everything is on the up and up with the fans...

If you sign a guaranteed deal, tying up a teams cap space and possiblely keeping them for making moves because that space is spoken for, then you demand a trade it should be made public and official and all NTC rights should be voided.

Demanding a trade and then having a no trade clause and limiting where you can be traded totally handicaps a franchise who has been limited by your contract already.

Personally, I would never trade Nash if I'm Columbus... You signed the deal, it's all guaranteed, make it work.
It's not handicapping a franchise. Rick Nash didn't demand 7.8, he was offered that and accepted. As for a NTC, it was granted to him, and it's right to exercise it. Just because he doesn't want to be part of another rebuild in Columbus, doesn't mean he should waive to go to any city. It's in his contract, so it's within his control on which team he wants a trade to.

Also, it should be noted, Rick Nash was asked if he wanted to be part of a rebuild, and he said no, he'd rather be traded, as it'd help the team more than him staying. He tried to do it quietly, it was Howson that put it all over the news, and tried to embarrass Nash into expanding his list of teams.

Rick Nash owes nothing to the Blue Jackets.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:22 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
If Dubinsky is in the deal, which seems likely, the net gain in cap is $3.6. Depending on what other pieces are in there that could be cut down by another $1-2 million.

The cap impact of acquiring Nash has been somewhat overstated. Folks act like his contract comes in but none go out.

As for the Rangers core, if every young player on the team is as good as you believe, I hate to break it to you but you're not going to keep everyone even without getting Nash.

MDZ could get a decent jump this year (as we've been repeatedly reminded he was what like 12th in dman scoring last year). McD is certainly going to get a good raise within the next year. AA, Haeglin and Stepan all are due within the next 12 months or so too.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Oh I agree by far, great that you spoke your opinion. Eugene Melnyk is not the easier person to get along with. That's probably it, NYC is second to none, but Frankly I think he should go to Los Angeles.
Los Angeles has no interest probably. They are set on wings and have no need to take on Nash's cap crippling contract.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:27 AM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
Is take nash. But he is being paid near free agent dollars. If I had 7.8, couldn't I just try to entice parise? I mean, I love nash, I've always been a fan, and is love him on the ducks, but it isn't exactly a move to build from.

I guess for nash, I'd give up any prospects and a couple picks that they wanted for nash, just to make some cup runs.
Parise will get Nash money without teams being able to dump overpaid players, like Dubisnky. Nash was overpaid when he signed, not anymore with the 70 million cap and rising.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Kings really have no use for Nash now after getting Carter, pretty set on RW with Williams, Carter, Lewis, and Nolan.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Shoryuken
Failure by design

Is this actually Part 183, or was that a joke?

Old
07-04-2012, 12:40 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:

There should be a formal process for requesting a trade that includes waiving your NTC... Made totally public so everything is on the up and up with the fans...If you sign a guaranteed deal, tying up a teams cap space and possiblely keeping them for making moves because that space is spoken for, then you demand a trade it should be made public and official and all NTC rights should be voided.

I was thinking about this as well but then this popped into my head. What if the player demands a trade behind closed doors. The GM claims player X demanded a trade but the player denies demanding a trade to the media. There would be no proof of player X asking for a trade unless the GM secretly recorded him saying those words. Then as a GM, do you still trade him with the NTC in effect or do you keep him? You keep the player and the player might not put any effort during a game. If it's known in the locker room, it could also start problems.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:43 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
I'm very curious to know what my Wings are offering. I can assure you Smith is not included. My best guess is

Flip/Franzen, Nyquist/Tatar, Jurco/Sheahan and Kindl.
Now Nash is my fav player and I don't want to see him get traded but Franzen is one of my other fav player. So with that said, I would do....

Franzen (who is locked up long term for a decent cap hit. The term might be to long though)
Nyquist
Juco
Kindl

The way Detroit drafts players, one of those 3 must turn into a star right.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Melrose Munch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Los Angeles has no interest probably. They are set on wings and have no need to take on Nash's cap crippling contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie to Brownie View Post
Kings really have no use for Nash now after getting Carter, pretty set on RW with Williams, Carter, Lewis, and Nolan.
Fair enough.

This is Nash's fault though ultimately. He should not have signed that contract.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:56 AM
jacketsinDC

Quote:

i agree about a NTC having the potential to be used to really hamstring a team if the players wants it to.

can they customize these clauses so if the player seeks to be traded, they must waive the NTC entirely, that way the player gets the security behind the clause and the team gets close to fair value if a trade is demanded?

Old
07-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Rangers1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
No, I think he forgot one part.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
Minus the 1 in front and I think it's close.

Closed Thread