HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Trade Rumors, Proposals, and OOT Signings Thread Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
oilers4life5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie boy View Post
On the J-Bo front, Calgary appears to be acquiring players in the 25-28 yr old range for their re-tool. They also are signing players "faster, skilled" to apparently fit into Bob Hartley's system.

Omark and Ryan Jones for J-Bo.

They clear cap space, get two speedy guys that would fit in their line-up.
I am doing that trade everyday of the week. Heck I would even throw in Potter.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidc View Post
We're the only team that offers offer sheets (look at the last few years, Vanek, Penner). Its like one of those things that you don't do as a GM.

I believe the only reason Kevin Lowe isn't our GM is because his reputation around the league with GM's is bad.

I would do the trade but not the offer sheet.
That's BS. I believe the fans forced Lowe to resign as GM. He was constantly bashed for ever move he made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
No, it's happened at least six times since 2006. We're the only ones who get blasted for it because we're the desperate small market team that everyone loves to make fun of.
Blame that on Slats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I have little doubt that Katz would be opening the vault for him if he goes ufa.

Dont know if he would be receptive to coming there though.

If we could get him without giving up too much, or ideally anything at all, we would immediately become a playoff team imo.
Weber isn't American.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oStealthKiller View Post
i think at the minimum it would cost the oilers this package:
Hemsky, Gagner, PRV, Petry, 2013 1st/Klefbom/Marincin, 2013/2014 2nd

only if its a sign and trade where he is signed to a 10 year deal or so though
That's too much for a soon-to-be UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
A lot of people saying why would Weber sign here....

Why wouldn't he sign here? Great young core, lacking a #1 d-man, and he'd be revered as a god in this city.
Weber was born in Sicamous, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
What really bothers me is the fact a couple of high profile american ufa's have no problem signing in Minny yet.....most of the high profile Canadian players refuse to sign or get traded to Canadian markets.....
The Oilers are constantly bashed that no one wants to sign in Edmonton blah blah blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I can't see the Sharks doing that.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodmanza View Post
We definitely need D help to compete in our division now. Tambellini engage at Warp Dither.
No matter what Tambellini does, he'll get criticized for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I would say there are plenty of options for the Oilers. I still don't mind the idea, if Hemsky is moved, to bring in Kostytin in for a couple years.

Also, Taylor Hall is STILL not a Center.
No thanks. Wasn't he benched for on playoff game with Nashville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Money speaks louder than words. Just ask Belanger
Belanger is not overpaid. He makes $1.75 million per season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
sign Semin to a two year crazy deal.

trade Gagner plus for a legit defenceman?

Sign D.J King

Semin-RNH-Yakupov
Eager-Hall-Eberle
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Jones-Belanger-King/Hordichuk
No thanks. Why does everyone and their cow want to trade Gagner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Khabby is a great mentor by all accounts.

Gagner and Potter for Kulemin and Franson
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
Who plays 2nd line centre for us then?
I wouldn't trade Gagner as the Oilers don't have a 2C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I wouldn't be against signing Jason Arnott to a 1 year 2.5-2.75 million dollar contract. He may not be putting up the 20 goal/20 assist seasons he used to, but he's a big body that can play in your top 6.

I just don't know if he'd ever come back to Edmonton.
It was Slats that ran him out of town. It's now a different management team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I imagine they feel they have addressed that issue with Lindback. I'm not so sure myself, but regarldess, picking up Carle doesn't prevent you from getting a goaltender.

Wish Tambellini was as proactive at picking up top 4 d-men. Both Salo and Carle would have been nice additions (depends on money for Carle) to the Oilers blue line. Instead we hear about them waiting for a trade to shake out. Wouldn't surprise me if the team we have no is the team we go into the season with. Not good enough.
Players are asking for too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhryous View Post
Wasn't there a report suggesting he wanted to be closer to Alaska? Last time I checked, Tampa is south of Philly.
Tampa is in Florida and it's warm most of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
Tambo might be already looking towards the 2013 draft.
No he's not. You just hate the Oilers and can't wait to criticize them when they make a move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Too bad, but that was a bit too much term for my likely.

Tampa had a major need, well done for them.
To much and too long.

Quote:
What absolutely sucks now is that Feaster is gonna look like a genius when he robs some team by trading Bouwmeester.

Wings will get desperate and likely offer Jurco or something.
Wings should stay away from Blowmeester. Teams that Blowmeester plays for never make the playoffs.

Quote:
Okay not to start a fight between the Gilbert supporters and Gilbert haters, but how good does Gilbert's 4 million look now with the contracts Carle and Kuba got?
Not as bad as fans thought it was at the time. I remember Lowe being criticized to death for that deal and that Gilbert got overpaid. I also remember people calling Gilbert "Tammy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
NOT TRUE!

Sincerely,

"The Oilers will have to trade one of Ebs, Hall, Nuge, or Yak in the next couple of years fan Group," TSN, and the rest of the Eastern media.
The eastern media hates the Oilers.

Quote:
Tencer was just talking about it and I hate to agree, but Jaybo would be perfect for the Oilers right now. Forget about the cap hit. It's 2 more years when we don't need to worry about the hit.

25 minute a night d-man who can put up 30 to 40 points. Good skater and good outlet pass. Too bad Calgary and the Oilers are so unlikely to make a real hockey trade.
No thanks. I want nothing to do with Blowmeester. When he signed in Calgary, he said he wouldn't have signed in Edmonton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Feaster has to replace that NMC with something similar. That's how he operates. He can't have any less than 10 NTCs at any given time.
The Oilers won't be trading with Calgary when that idiot Feaster bashes the Oilers all the time. He can keep Blowmeester forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4theFuture View Post
The thing I don't like about Bouwmeester is that he literally has never played a playoff game, doesn't seem like a winner to me.
Agreed

Quote:
I'm not sure, but if I was the Oilers I would be kicking tires and seeing if there was any interest on the Flames front.

I wonder if Sam Gagner one for one would get it done.
Keep Blowmeester away from the Oilers. The Oilers do want to make the playoffs and teams with Blowmeester never make the playoffs.

Quote:
Serious question: do you guys think JayBo would waive his NTC for Edmonton? He wouldn't sign with the Oilers as a free agent. He wanted to play "near" home but not "at home."
Nope. He wouldn't sign in Edmonton when he was a UFA. I wouldn't want Blowmeester anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie boy View Post
On the J-Bo front, Calgary appears to be acquiring players in the 25-28 yr old range for their re-tool. They also are signing players "faster, skilled" to apparently fit into Bob Hartley's system.

Omark and Ryan Jones for J-Bo.

They clear cap space, get two speedy guys that would fit in their line-up.
No thanks. Keep Blowmeester away from the Oilers.

07-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shai04 View Post
The only offer sheet that should be made is a 1yr deal to Weber. They match it, his contract becomes un-movable for 1 year as per the rules for exercising that right.

They basically sign his ticket out of town and lose any opportunity to make a trade or get assets for him.

The amount should fall into the 2nd tier of salary range too, which is somewhere in the 6M range so that they only get a couple picks in compensation if they don't fall for the trap. The four 1sts is an overpay. Offer him the free plane out of town for the two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.
There are two problems with that scenario:

1. Weber is great, but one year of Weber isnt worth 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd.

2. Why would Weber sign for one year for only $6 mil? His best options now are to sign a 1-year with the Preds for 7-8mil, or to re-sign with Nashville/force a trade and sign a big $$$ long term contract.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:17 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
That's BS. I believe the fans forced Lowe to resign as GM. He was constantly bashed for ever move he made.

Blame that on Slats.

Weber isn't American.

The Oilers are constantly bashed that no one wants to sign in Edmonton blah blah blah.

Agreed

Nope

No he's not. You just hate the Oilers and can't wait to criticize them when they make a move.

To much and too long.

Wings should stay away from Blowmeester. Teams that Blowmeester plays for never make the playoffs.

Not as bad as fans thought it was at the time. I remember Lowe being criticized to death for that deal and that Gilbert got overpaid. I also remember people calling Gilbert "Tammy".

No thanks. I want nothing to do with Blowmeester. When he signed in Calgary, he said he wouldn't have signed in Edmonton.

The Oilers won't be trading with Calgary when that idiot Feaster bashes the Oilers all the time. He can keep Blowmeester forever.

Agreed

Keep Blowmeester away from the Oilers. The Oilers do want to make the playoffs and teams with Blowmeester never make the playoffs.

Nope. He wouldn't sign in Edmonton when he was a UFA. I wouldn't want Blowmeester anyway.

Ya that's really what I'm doing.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:17 AM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Ryan's deal is gold, but Nash at 7.8 is anything but a bargain in my mind. He's got the 5th highest cap hit in the league. That is a lot of money for a guy who's highest finish in points was 18th in the league, and otherwise has never been in the top 30 in his career. I've never understood why he perpetually gets superstar treatment. He's an elite goal scorer, but average in most other regards.

If he played for a team that had more press like the Oilers or the Leafs he would be considered one of the most overpaid players in the league.
In terms of actual pts production for Nash, as a forward, he was definitely over paid.

Where I'm coming from is, he never had a top center to play with. We talked about Iggy not having a top center in Calgary, at least he had Langkow and Jokinen. And those two guys would have been the best centers Nash ever had.

Give Nash a center, I think he can be a point per game player and score some big goals.

If Nash traded place with Corey Perry to start their careers with Getzlaf as his center plus at one point or another, with Selanne, Ryan, Niedermayer, Pronger, and i loved Perry nastiness that Nash doesn't have, I think Nash would not score much less points than Perry and may be just as much.

I do know if you give Perry what Nash had in Columbus, Perry would never had that many points because there were no Getzlaf, Selanne, Niedermayer, Pronger type of players ever there.

Last edited by AK Dandyman: 07-05-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old
07-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Local calgary radio is suggesting a 2nd and a B level prospect
That's very realistic of them. I complain a lot about stupid things I hear from the media so for the sake of being fair I give credit to whoever said that.

And that's why earlier I posted that the Flames should just keep Jaybo because they're going to get ripped off if they trade him. Sure, they can save money, and maybe not have to hear the fans complain about him, but that's it. I don't know, maybe that's good enough for them...

Old
07-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Local calgary radio is suggesting a 2nd and a B level prospect
Oh man I would love that.

2nd rounder + Curtis Hamilton

Done and done

Old
07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
That's very realistic of them. I complain a lot about stupid things I hear from the media so for the sake of being fair I give credit to whoever said that.

And that's why earlier I posted that the Flames should just keep Jaybo because they're going to get ripped off if they trade him. Sure, they can save money, and maybe not have to hear the fans complain about him, but that's it. I don't know, maybe that's good enough for them...
Though I guess it would depend what they see as a "level-B" prospect. In Calgary that's could be anything from Curtis Hamilton to Cameron Abney to Oscar Klefbom, just depends on the day

Old
07-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
I've heard a couple guys in the media say the Preds will match any offer sheet regardless of the amount. I think they're right.
It was said that Poile was pretty upset that he wasn't given a chance to make a counter offer on Suter's contract with Minnesota. I don't think he's going to let Weber get away.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
It was said that Poile was pretty upset that he wasn't given a chance to make a counter offer on Suter's contract with Minnesota. I don't think he's going to let Weber get away.
He might not have a choice in the matter. Suter leaving can't make it any easier to retain Weber.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Harley

lol God I love Narnia. Takes the time to respond to every single post in a 10,000 post thread. Now thats the kind of dedication we are looking for.

carry on

Old
07-05-2012, 12:33 AM
DousedInOil

I love that 3 of the top 4 paid teams are from our division. Let some other team help them with their cap issues. We can keep our 20 mill to resign our kids and add a top end talent next summer.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Asher

Quote:

Done and done
I'd up the offer with their choice of Potter or Peckham.

Don't propose this to Flame fans though, they'll just get insulted. I mean, it's not like they ever did anything like trade Phaneuf for Matt Stajan...

Old
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM
SDig14

Quote:

Done and done
As questionable as our NHL D is right now, I think we have more prospect depth at D.

We don't have as many guys like Hamilton in the system, he might be a very well groomed 3rd liner for us in the future.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Hockey Nightmare
Ex-hockey fan

Maybe we'll see a reverse of the Minny curse. They constantly beat us with a mediocre team and constantly lose to us with a world-beating team.

Old
07-05-2012, 12:41 AM
OILFAN #81

Colaiacovo is still available on D. He is good for 20-30 points and has put up decent numbers the last 4 years in St. Louis. If we don't add anyone else, then he would be an upgrade on what we have.

Whitney-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Colaiacovo-Schultz
Sutton/Potter

Old
07-05-2012, 12:44 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
He might not have a choice in the matter. Suter leaving can't make it any easier to retain Weber.
The contract offered by Nashville was very close to what he signed in Minnesota for, 13 years 90 million. I think if Poile was given a chance he would have, at the very least, matched the contract Suter signed.

Weber's days there are definitely numbered. Trade deadline deal ?

Old
07-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
As questionable as our NHL D is right now, I think we have more prospect depth at D.

We don't have as many guys like Hamilton in the system, he might be a very well groomed 3rd liner for us in the future.
Hate to be the guy to say this, because I really like Hamilton as a prospect, but he has been disappointing since the WJC.

If we don't trade him I really hope he turns the corner at OKC this year and gets back to doing what he does best.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:02 AM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post

Blame that on Slats.

Weber isn't American.

Agreed

Nope

To much and too long.

Agreed

No thanks. Keep Blowmeester away from the Oilers.

The problem is even with Gagner the Oilers don't have a 2nd line centerman.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Soundwave

Flames won't deal Jay Bo to us because in Calgary the optics of it would be bad. They're already jealous of the kids we have, Feaster would need to bring back an overpayment to be able to sell that trade to their fanbase.

That's OK, not that crazy about his game even if he'd fill a few needs. Wouldn't have minded signing Sarich actually for a couple of years though.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:15 AM
copper_blue

This morning on the Team 1260, Dreger feels the Oilers aren't done, but he doesn't expect a major splash.

Rumored or suggested possibilities this week from various websites.

Bouwmeester
Hjalmarrson
Yandle
Rozival
Winnik
Weber???

Am I missing anyone?

Old
07-05-2012, 01:16 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Colaiacovo is still available on D. He is good for 20-30 points and has put up decent numbers the last 4 years in St. Louis. If we don't add anyone else, then he would be an upgrade on what we have.

Whitney-Schultz
Smid-Petry
Colaiacovo-Schultz
Sutton/Potter
Colaiacovo can be a good player, but he's good for 20 games a year on the IR. For a team that has such problems with injured players already not sure he would be the best choice.

Although there are worse options out there. He would certainly be an upgrade on the bottom pairing when he's healthy.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:24 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper_blue View Post
This morning on the Team 1260, Dreger feels the Oilers aren't done, but he doesn't expect a major splash.

Rumored or suggested possibilities this week from various websites.

Bouwmeester
Hjalmarrson
Yandle
Rozival
Winnik
Weber???

Am I missing anyone?
I think it's going to be Hjalmarrson and that's it. Outside chance Edmonton gets Mike Green, but I'm just having troubles seeing Edmonton spring for an offensive D-man with Whitney, J Schultz and Potter (All can run a PP from the backend).

Outside chance on Yandle, but I can see Detroit acquiring Yandle to bolster that now weakened back end.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I love that 3 of the top 4 paid teams are from our division. Let some other team help them with their cap issues. We can keep our 20 mill to resign our kids and add a top end talent next summer.
This

There's no one out there to sign that's worth the overpay. The trade market is non existent for #1 defencemen.

Talk to Weber while he's an RFA so we're within our rights to. If he agrees to a longterm contract then offer Nashville a package of probably any 3 assets that aren't the core 4. Gagner, Paajarvi, next years 1st, pretty much anyone but can't have Smid and Petry.. it's one or the other.

If Weber doesn't want to sign and wants to stay in Nashville. Then fine we tried. We'll have to search elsewhere.

If Weber wants to go to UFA next year then ask him if we'd be on the Radar. If not then fine we know we have to look other places.

If Weber wants to go to UFA and says he would consider us then hold out for a year and hope to god we look like a sexy team on the rise this year to help convince him... but don't sign some #3 d-man and blow 5.5m a year for the sake of it. This team is going to have cap issues if we somehow landed Weber, don't compound it by giving out Wideman and Carle contracts.

Old
07-05-2012, 01:31 AM
DrDreidelz

I really hope its not Hjalmarsson... I'd rather run with what we've got then bring him in and be marginally better. As well I think we need one of Peckham and Sutton in the lineup at all times to protect our assets.

Closed Thread