HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XI - Does Zajac have any boyhood friends we need to sign?

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:28 AM
tycobb

vCash: 500
I am not angry at Zach anymore. I am not going to cheer or boo when he comes back to play us. He wanted to go home and play - nothing wrong with that. Zach isn't a 7.5 million cap hit player either so we dodged a bullet. I am one of the few people on the board that thought Kovalchuk was the better player (overall) anyway. I also think Semin could be more productive for us (especially on the power play).

Old
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Devilswede

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Seconded

One thing though, DS if they were told he was coming back then what was with the post Tuesday or whatever saying they'd been told he was gone? Was that a different source with bad info?
I don't think I ever mentioned in the posts from Tuesday that it was information given to me, it was just me posting my gut feeling. And it turned out to be right unfortunately.

I had actually spoken to this guy before Parise hit UFA and he said he hadn't heard a word. Yesterday he talked to one of our scouts who told him what I posted earlier today.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
engy

vCash: 50
It was unexpected mainly because he said he wanted to stay with the Devils all year and said he wants to play with a winner. I'm sure Lou had a good offer, it's just that Zach lied and actually wanted other things along with the cup and cash.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:31 AM
rrekaj13

If ZP had signed with Chicago or Pitt, I'd completely understand. I'd be hurt, but there's no denying they're both set up for now and for the future.

Minnesota? Really? You have to HOPE that in 4 years you have a CHANCE to go somewhere

Old
07-05-2012, 08:32 AM
dpedan2

Have any players commented on him leaving yet?

Old
07-05-2012, 08:33 AM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrekaj13 View Post
If ZP had signed with Chicago or Pitt, I'd completely understand. I'd be hurt, but there's no denying they're both set up for now and for the future.

Minnesota? Really? You have to HOPE that in 4 years you have a CHANCE to go somewhere
Family is more important than hockey.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:35 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpedan2 View Post
Not yet. I was looking forward to that but I figure it will be all politically correct drone speech. What I'm hoping is for someone like Kovy or Elias to say "If he doesn't want to be here, then we don't want him here and we'll be just fine without him"

Old
Fayne Staley
Dr. Evil

i am just worried about zajac...lou needs to get him locked up before he starts dreaming of winnipeg

Old
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
So who's playing C?

vCash: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I also think those brushing it off as not being a big loss and questioning why some of us were so enamored with Zach aren't being realistic. A lot of you seem to be coming off like you never cared, and you might not have. But, it's easy to see why Zach was so beloved as a player. He busted his ass throughout every shift, never taking one off, and was always the hardest working player on the ice. He may not have been the most dynamic, but he was the most relentless. He always said all the right things and did all the right things.

There's a reason why so many of us are stunned about the way he went about the process of free agency. There's a reason why I feel as if it is a betrayal in some sense. He blew smoke up our ***** throughout the course of the year. Some of us thought he was different, that he was better than that. We were wrong. I won't look at him the same, but I still like him as a player. He most certainly is not worth that contract though.
Bang on as Pierre would say. Emphasis noted. The guy showed character in his style of play which most of us thought translated to not playing games in the media and certainly not getting out of NJ as fast as possible thanks to another slight of hand trick using the 1 year RFA contract as the device it truly was but saying it wasn't. Lou won't be lured into doing another one of those I bet.

Old
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

I rank him just underneath Gomez in this one stinging. Zach is at least going out West to go home, but the way it was orchestrated hurts. Niedermayer hurt, but I can respect he went to Anaheim to help his brother win a Cup in the end. Gomez helped with 2 Cups, but I have no respect for what he did at all.

Gomez
Parise
Nieds
Raffi, Gio, Madden

Old
07-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
I rank him just underneath Gomez in this one stinging. Zach is at least going out West to go home, but the way it was orchestrated hurts. Niedermayer hurt, but I can respect he went to Anaheim to help his brother win a Cup in the end. Gomez helped with 2 Cups, but I have no respect for what he did at all.

Gomez
Parise
Nieds
Raffi, Gio, Madden
Only one of those players listed wore a C on his chest. (I know Nieds wore it from time to time, but he wasn't really the captain).

Old
07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
When they found out about the decision Lou didn't take it very well at all. He was pretty upset with the agents. He was in a long conversation with them. Lou was actually supposed to have a conference call first, before Poile, but he was reportedly going bezerk on the agents, who he feels orchestrated this and sort of pushed Parise in this direction.
He said they are not worried, they have plans, but they're surprised and shocked because they were basically told Parise was coming back and not to worry.
Again - wow.

For Zach sake, I trully hope he himself did want it and planned it. Cause he really struck me as a kid who wants to win. Not the one who just wants to play in the sand with {insert_any_name}.
Imagine signing your dreams away, only to please your family, agents, soon to be wife ... like what you want does not matter to them all. And please, money was gonna be there anyway.

Likevise, Devils are gonna win anyway Especially without likes of JP poisoning our players mind.

Last edited by NJDevilsZG: 07-05-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
Only one of those players listed wore a C on his chest.
Niedermayer wore it as well, although briefly.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you edited.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpedan2 View Post
I'm waiting to hear this too since he obviously blew smoke up Brodeur and Salvador's a**es also. BSing the media and fans is one thing, but your HOF goaltender and teammate of seven years, come on, now. Brodeur (and Sal too) mentioned talking to Zach several times a day and they felt there was a good chance he came back. In the end, there was really zero chance he was coming back. Classy, Zach.

At least Gomez didn't pay us so much lip service. He just said the cliche lines "we'll see what happens" type stuff.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:42 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Salvador knew damn well he was gone.

When asked he said "I can't comment on the million dollar question, or perhaps the HUNDRED million dollar question"

knew damn well. NBD

Old
07-05-2012, 08:43 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
Only one of those players listed wore a C on his chest. (I know Nieds wore it from time to time, but he wasn't really the captain).
That cuts deeply as well, for sure. Only reason Gomez is the highest is because he went to our most hated rival for the money. His intentions may have been clear unlike Zach's, but he could've made bank elsewhere if he wanted.

And for the record, the Gio, Madden, Raffi line is the guys who I have absolutely no ill will towards. Nieds I'm over. I'll get over Zach's eventually. I guess I'm over Gomez too because his career fell off a ****ing cliff.

Another one I didn't care about AT ALL was Holik when he left. The money he got offered was so out of this world for a player of his caliber that I would've been stunned if he didn't take it. He was the ultimate 3rd line center making $9 million a year (if I'm not mistaken). Crazy.

Old
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

I just wanna say, I always had this weird feeling about Parise. I never understood why people were so gaga over him & felt Kovy was the true future face of the franchise.

Half the stuff everyone relieved about Parise was a myth bc I didn't see it.

I see Kovy is the player people thought Zach was.

Old
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Salvador knew damn well he was gone.

When asked he said "I can't comment on the million dollar question, or perhaps the HUNDRED million dollar question"

knew damn well. NBD
Everyone knew he was going to get near $100 million.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:47 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I highly doubt that. That's an unjustifiably high dollar amount for Parise.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

This may seem idiotic, but I'll be more upset if Zajac leaves over Zach leaving.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
i am just worried about zajac...lou needs to get him locked up before he starts dreaming of winnipeg
this is my main concern right now.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:49 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
I highly doubt that. That's an unjustifiably high dollar amount for Parise.
There were rumors about the Philly deal which was in that quantity before Sal signed...

Old
07-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Old
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
dpedan2

I know Lou won't, but he should lock up Travis with a front loaded deal now before the new CBA forbids them.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I'd say that's more evidence that he knew he'd be leaving then...

Closed Thread