HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XI - Does Zajac have any boyhood friends we need to sign?

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
tycobb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpedan2 View Post
I know Lou won't, but he should lock up Travis with a front loaded deal now before the new CBA forbids them.
That is actually something that works in our favor. He can say to Zajac "Here is your last chance at signing a front loaded deal".

Old
07-05-2012, 08:55 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDraft View Post
I can't believe Lou thought there was any chance at all. And while trade possibilities seem limited I don't think he can accept the Parise move and not counter it both for team and promotional purposes.
Promotional? More then Half the fanbase is probably willing to fly to Minnesota and start rioting, destroying Zach's cute new house in the process.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:56 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

im so sick of reading about parise. are there any other free agents available? i wouldnt mind signing semin for 5 years, 30mill.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrekaj13 View Post
If ZP had signed with Chicago or Pitt, I'd completely understand. I'd be hurt, but there's no denying they're both set up for now and for the future.

Minnesota? Really? You have to HOPE that in 4 years you have a CHANCE to go somewhere
Minny was an exception for me. I can understand the 'home' angle but he kept going on about wanting to win, money isn't as important as a chance to win. What pissed me off is how he says he's loyal to NJ, how in mid season, when he's captain of another club, is talking to Suter to try and find a place to play together, then the lying saying NJ is his first priority, said it for 2 years. Also how he captained a team to the Stanley Cup final only to leave a few weeks later.

If you want to go home and play, I can understand that, but don't lie and say you want to re-sign or you're most important thing is a chance at a Cup. Clearly you didn't and it's not. Go sign with your home team when your older and have a ring already(Modano and Rafalski).

Whatever, it's done, he's gone. I've almost moved on.. just need to remove a nameplate from my jersey.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Not surprisingly, the population of Parise apologists has dwindled to near extinction around here as compared to a month or so ago.

I wasn't mad when Gomez left (In fact I wanted him to leave. I had enough of his floating and disinterested grin) and I'm not mad Parise left. He was largely overrated here, and he's overrated (and grossly overpaid) in Minn. He has more hustle than skill and is the type of player who is easy to shut down when you need to (like in the playoffs). He's not worth more than Kovalchuk. The nonesense he pulled conspiring with his BFF to contrive the perfect situation is irritating though, but it just shows the type of person he really is.

But at this point it all means nothing. He'll be playing the trap of old in obscurity for the rest of his career. We'll certainly have the last laugh. I can't wait to go in peace to the Wild forum in a year or two to ask how things are working out.
We feel had...thats whats the toughest part I think. We hate Gomez because of where he went. Most of us as time went on understood why Nieds did what he did even if we didnt like it. With Zach it isnt about hockey,even those of us who are sad mad upset angry know that contract isnt great, its about feeling taken and that hard one to let pass so quickly.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:01 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

It would be nice if Zajac is signed to an extension but I just don't see that happening especially with a franchise in Winnipeg now.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:02 AM
fredthelen

You people should start getting real again. All that whining and moaning about Parise....I feel sad, true enough. I am also a bit disappointed, but only because he did not sign.

Nodody here has a clue how things really went. There will always be rumours, but being that Lou is involved, it wonīt surpass the status of rumours at all. Zach Parise was an unrestricted free agent. He decided to test the market, which is legitimate. Lou perhaps should have made Zach that same offer a few months ago, maybe Zach would have never hit the market (I am not criticising Lou, just my opinion).

At the end of the day, he chose his hometown, a ridiculous contract and playing with a great friend of his youth over coming back to a team with a very questionable future....I can certainly understand and live with that. Minnesota just got so much stronger.

If he had gone to the Flyers or the Pens...you would have hated him for going to a rival, and if he had chosen the DEvils, he would now be the absolute hero. I donīt want to think about the trolling around the boards by us Devils fans.Of course, now ZP has never achieved anything, Captain disappareance, overrated, overpaid...If things had been the other way round...what loyalty, what an exemple he sets...

Kovy came this close to signing with LA. Of course, he became our new Franchise Player and hero. Imagine if Kovy had gone to LA...no future? he only went for the money? Look in the end, who has a cup, and who does not.

I get that many of you are pissed off because Zach always said how much he liked it in New Jersey. I believe him. And I also believe he has thought about staying an awful lot.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:03 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
im so sick of reading about parise. are there any other free agents available? i wouldnt mind signing semin for 5 years, 30mill.
brofist.jpg

Old
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

The Parise signing >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gomez in terms of betrayal.

IIRC, Gomez wasn't the captain, "the future face of the franchise", wasn't feeding us & his team BS that he wants to stay or play for a champion, and he didn't orchestrate a move to another team over the course of years!!!

Parise is enemy #1 far more than Gomez will ever be. It will eclipse Gomez once it really sinks in & word spreads of what really went on.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Let's do it. I like Semin. He has more raw talent than Parise. We can turn him into a worker.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
That is actually something that works in our favor. He can say to Zajac "Here is your last chance at signing a front loaded deal".
sign him to th same dea Stall just got in Carolina

Old
07-05-2012, 09:08 AM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthelen View Post

Kovy came this close to signing with LA. Of course, he became our new Franchise Player and hero. Imagine if Kovy had gone to LA...no future? he only went for the money? Look in the end, who has a cup, and who does not.
To be fair with Kovy, I think most of us figured he was a rental and wasn't going to stay. At least that's how I felt until I heard he had signed.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:09 AM
dpedan2

Quote:
I'm with you on this one. I don't know if someone like Detroit will throw him a massively long contract. I'd start with a 2 year 14mil deal. I think he would get better offers than that though.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
So yeah...Kostitsyn and Huselius. Two year contracts. Get on it Lou.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:14 AM
fredthelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
To be fair with Kovy, I think most of us figured he was a rental and wasn't going to stay. At least that's how I felt until I heard he had signed.
Yes, ok...Most of us, me included thought so at first...But when things really went to the wire, who here would not have been extremely saddened or even pissed off...Ok, Parise and Kovy is not a good comparison, because ZP has played here for so long. I just wanted to criticise the fact, that our perception/opinion of people, WE DO NOT EVEN KNOW, changes way to dramatically, especially in the business of sports .

Old
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog172430 View Post
That is absolutely true. If Kovy left, wouldn't have stung at all. He was not the groomed future of the franchise & captain drafted by the team.

In hindsight Kovy should have had the C & our love all along, but we were infatuated with the BS that was Z Parise.

Old
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
It would be nice if Zajac is signed to an extension but I just don't see that happening especially with a franchise in Winnipeg now.
Not sure if cereal.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
I now know for a fact that Lou felt exactly like Poile did yesterday, but with the experience he has he didn't show it as much.

One of the guys I talk to actually spoke to one of our leading scouts last night (can't mention names), and they said they were all pretty much in shock, because they had basically been told he was coming back. The offer Lou presented them in Toronto was exactly the deal Parise an his agents were looking for and that's why Lou said it went very well.

When they found out about the decision Lou didn't take it very well at all. He was pretty upset with the agents. He was in a long conversation with them. Lou was actually supposed to have a conference call first, before Poile, but he was reportedly going bezerk on the agents, who he feels orchestrated this and sort of pushed Parise in this direction.

But he also said that in the back of everyone's mind they knew that there was a risk I this happening and that's why they kept the first rounder this year and picked Matteau and went hard after forwards. Matteau has the same kind of batteries that Parise has, less skilled, but won't be denied he said.

He said they are not worried, they have plans, but they're surprised and shocked because they were basically told Parise was coming back and not to worry. He just wanted to see the interest, similar to Marty and then come back to Lou. The money from Minnesota was better, but not substantially better.

Adding my two cents to this :

HOLY S----!

Zach pissed off Lou. You do NOT piss off Lou.

That has to be the first time I've heard Lou being so angry. Even the Niedermayer situation wasn't this volatile....

What an ahole that Zach is and his agents as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Family is more important than hockey.
No. MONEY is more important than hockey. Zach proved that.

Let's get THAT straight.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:15 AM
DEVILSEBO

Quote:
Brian Gionta. How about a little reverse Nieds for us this time. I would love to have him back but at a decent price. 4.5 mil per. Didn't leave on bad terms, was completely overpaid with his last deal. I could live with him coming back.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
Thank god I'm not alone. I know it hasn't even been 24 hours but can we start a "cry about Parise thread" so this one can get back to talking about players that are still FA's?

Old
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredthelen View Post
Uhh.....LA has a cup, we don't. Are you trolling here? I don't get your point.

Old
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILSEBO View Post
Brian Gionta. How about a little reverse Nieds for us this time. I would love to have him back but at a decent price. 4.5 mil per. Didn't leave on bad terms, was completely overpaid with his last deal. I could live with him coming back.
How many years does he have left before UFA? I can definitely see him coming back home.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

I'll feel much worse if Zajac leaves. I think he was and is more important to this team than Zach. As much as Parise was overrated, I think Zajac is underrated by the same margin.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
bellis25

[QUOTE=glenwo2;52155129

What an ahole that Zach is and his agents as well.

No. MONEY is more important than hockey. Zach proved that.

Let's get THAT straight.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe it was the combination. The guy went home he didn't go to Pitt, Det or chicago. He's gonna have to deal with the poor decision.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
tycobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILSEBO View Post
Why not both?

Kovy - Zajac - Gionta
Semin - Elias - Henrique
Zubrus - Yayo - Clarkson

Old
07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Scottyk9
Blackhawks bandwagon

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Todd Cordell @ToddCordell

I contacted Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler, for an update on negotiations: "All I can tell you is that Alex will sign with an NHL team"

Closed Thread