HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XI - Does Zajac have any boyhood friends we need to sign?

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 05:03 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I really wish more devil fans would act mature about this whole departure.
Well, I envy your wisdom and maturity, then.

Should we not cheer when the players on our favorite team score a goal?
I mean, it's what they get paid to do. It's their job. Why be emotional about it?
We're just watching them go about their business day.

I mean that's all being a fan is, right? Respecting a players business decisions.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Those 3 are past their prime and weren' t thrown 100 million to play near their home. Huge difference. I really wish more devil fans would act mature about this whole departure.
Alright well how about Marty last few contracts? He never hit UFA. Not until this year. A few days ago was the first time. He's loyal. He shouldn't BS about loyalty. He didn't have to lead the fans on. Could have said when asked simply ''I would like to come back, but we'll see what we can get done'' not string us along. He knew he wasn't coming. This was a conspiracy he, and Suter mapped out before the season ended. Only truth he told was that he definitely wouldn't go to the Rangers. When asked the first thing he thought probably was

''Well Ryan doesn't wanna go to the Rangers so I know for a fact I'm not going there. Easy answer for me.''

Old
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Nick0930

Went to NHL.com to see what Parise had to say and was greeted with that ****ing LA Kings merchandise ad. Just throwing more salt on the Devils fans' wounds.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
There's a part of me that wants to be really pissed at Zach, but he chose to go home and didn't choose a team that could really hurt the Devils. It sucks to lose him, but now that he's gone we can all move on.
I'm with you. not mad at all that he went to the WIld back home. The fact that he Cleveland Cavalier'd us and said how he wanted to stay, when it wasn't the case at all. He had a plan to play with Suter this whole time.

His quote about "wouldn't that be cool to play together" or whatever he said was almost the exact same quote LeBron used when he signed with the Heat talking to Bosh and Wade.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
This needs to happen on November 11th.

Old
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
even funnier....the racks of bandwagon jerseys right below the 2

Old
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Another gem from Zach, "I've been on teams that looked great on paper but didn't make the playoffs."

You've missed the playoffs ONE time in your stay in Jersey, and that was when you were injured.

One thing I love about all these quotes, not once did they they say they're going there to win. Even they know the Wild aren't contenders.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:06 PM
SleazyParise

Quote:
But it's not like Zach undermined this organization while he was here. He was a standup individual who never caused problems or demanded a trade to my knowledge. And this is coming from someone who thinks he is highly overrated.
A stand up individual who while he was captain here, was having talks with another player about leaving their respective teams to play together. A stand up individual who spoke as though winning was above all else, and then went to play for the wild.

That right there is why everyone is upset over this, because Zach clearly isn't who many here thought he was. For a guy who is supposedly all heart and soul, we aren't seeing alot of that right now.

Old
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

It just sucks that Parise was planning this as the season went on. Then saying he is open to talks with Lou during the season. **** off.

Old
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

i like how he said "9 was given to me, i've always been 11"

aww...yea like you would ever be so blessed to wear John Madden's #!!!!!

Old
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
Nah. I hope our fans act classy. Heatley has always been a ******. Zach is a good guy who respected the fans and accommodated them for the most part. I just don't understand where this hate is coming from. Zach is a freaking boyscout.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Alright well how about Marty last few contracts? He never hit UFA. Not until this year. A few days ago was the first time. He's loyal. He shouldn't BS about loyalty. He didn't have to lead the fans on. Could have said when asked simply ''I would like to come back, but we'll see what we can get done'' not string us along. He knew he wasn't coming. This was a conspiracy he, and Suter mapped out before the season ended. Only truth he told was that he definitely wouldn't go to the Rangers. When asked the first thing he thought probably was

''Well Ryan doesn't wanna go to the Rangers so I know for a fact I'm not going there. Easy answer for me.''
Even ****ing Gomez handled it better than Zach did. There was never any illusion that Gomez was staying before FA or that he wasn't going for the most money. Of course cause he went to the Rangers he got crapped on for that and rightly so anyway.

This thing is more personal, especially since Zach **** on his teammates too. After Marty's taken so much less money to stay, Sal went back to Lou to let him match because he wanted a third year from US, Moose wanted a second year to stay here, the fourth-liners all signed before FA when they could have gotten more money or played closer to home. Steven didn't bail on us to play with Brian lmao.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Even ****ing Gomez handled it better than Zach did. There was never any illusion that Gomez was staying before FA or that he wasn't going for the most money. Of course cause he went to the Rangers he got crapped on for that and rightly so anyway.

This thing is more personal, especially since Zach **** on his teammates too. After Marty's taken so much less money to stay, Sal went back to Lou to let him match because he wanted a third year from US, Moose wanted a second year to stay here, the fourth-liners all signed before FA when they could have gotten more money or played closer to home. Steven didn't bail on us to play with Brian lmao.
Gomez made no statements said "it was a business"

Zach handled it like a true master ******** artist.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

As much as I wanted Parise to stay in NJ, this is going to be one of those times when the "loser"wins.

Honestly, how many of us really wanted Parise to stay in New Jersey from a pure music/hockey standpoint? ANSWER: Not Many!.

The truth is, Zach Parise is a tremendously talented hockey player, but he isnt as talented as he was just a few years ago. The truth is, as many of us said LONG before Parise made his decision, Parise is fairly substantially overrated as an NHL hockey player.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
downtown56

Maybe Lou knew about Parise's preference to play for Minny and the possibility of leaving 2 years ago which is why he went after Kovy

Old
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
lol I probably wouldn't waste my Zach jersey like that though I can't bring myself to ever wear it as is again. Hate that I have to go through the trouble of getting the name removed but whatever. Going retro would probably be a good idea and put Broten or Nicholls on it.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:
Nah. I hope our fans act classy. Heatley has always been a ******. Zach is a good guy who respected the fans and accommodated them for the most part. I just don't understand where this hate is coming from. Zach is a freaking boyscout.
Except he didn't. It was totally hypocritical.

Old
ILikeItVeryMuch*

**** that noise, he chose to leave, therefore I choose to throw my shirt on the ice in November, simple as that.

After all of this, Zach Parise mentioning "loyalty" secured that choice for me.

Thank god I never purchased his jersey.

Old
Incharge1976

Quote:
A boyscout who led the fans on and was talking to players on other teams about leaving the Devils while he was contracted with the Devils. The the Wild offer contracts to him and Suter as soon as free agency starts.

Sure....a boyscout.

Old
OmNomNom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
There's a part of me that wants to be really pissed at Zach, but he chose to go home and didn't choose a team that could really hurt the Devils. It sucks to lose him, but now that he's gone we can all move on.
What there IS to be pissed about is that it stretched this long. It sucks bc now the pickings are slim in terms of our free agency, and Zach had to know that. We have (correct me, someone, if I'm wrong) roughly 11 mil in cap space to hit the cap floor.

Then again, its prob a good thing. Based on what I saw this year, Zach sucks in playoffs. Someone w more experience (coughdoancough) would be nicer to have.

Old
Nick0930

Zach cost Marty a good amount of money too. Brodeur hired an agent so he didn't have to deal with so many people calling him while Lou was negotiating with Parise, then Zach goes and does this and Marty has to pay his agent a % of his salary.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:11 PM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
I don't think many blame him for going back home. It's more because they feel deceived/mislead about the things he's said during the season and right after the playoffs.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
...This thing is more personal, especially since Zach **** on his teammates too.
He must have really blown smoke up Marty's and Sal's ***** the past few days. They've apparently been talking to him several times a day and they both came out and said there's a good chance he's staying. It's one thing to BS us fans, but to BS your HOF goaltender and teammate of 7 years, that's douchebaggery at it's finest.

Old
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:

You're right on all of that. I agree there. It would have sucked if he left regardless, but we find out about this deceitfulness all along. He strung everyone along on break up day. Put a couple faux smiles on when he was cleaning his locker, and walking out of the room knowing it was the last time he'd be in that locker room. For a perennial loser no less? Nieder went to play with blood. Parise went to play with water. Water, snow, ice, and hopefully plenty of golf courses in April!

Old
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
Easy solution for this madness, no more NA players. I hope Zach will forever be remembered as Mr. Second Place.

Closed Thread