HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part XI - Does Zajac have any boyhood friends we need to sign?

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 05:12 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
It just sucks that Parise was planning this as the season went on. Then saying he is open to talks with Lou during the season. **** off.
Bet our good ol' TG is shocked too

Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Nieds work ethic View Post
Except he didn't. It was totally hypocritical.
Hypocritical? Ultimately, his decision came down to Minnesota 1 and New Jersey 1A, which is pretty telling for the New Jersey side considering Zach lives in Minnesota and was offered a 13 year 100 million dollar deal. He would have been a fool to come back to the devils after receiving the Wild offer.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:13 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Parise's gone, we need to get over it just like he got over us, wich by the looks of things was like 3 weeks ago.

I have no clue what Lou will do, as if anyone outside of Lou did , but what I do know is that there's a trade or two on the horizon and I hope to god Lou will package something for guys that want to play here and are as dedicated to this organisation the same way Marty, Patty and IK are. I just don't want us to hand out a hefty package for someone that might bold in a year or two when they'll hit the market, but I guess there's no way for anyone to know that in advance.

I know Kovalchuk only played for us for like 4 months before getting his million dollar deal but he trusted Lou and he trusted our organisation, our winning organisation and that's all you can ask for as a player if you actually want to win a ****ing cup.

How many teams, can say that they attended 5 cup finals in the last 2 decades? Maybe one or two (I didn't take the time to actually come up with a precise #), MAX?

What did Minnesota do to warrant such high praises from our ex captain if his #1 priority was to be apart of a contender? Anyways, I hope the twins and the Vikings pick it up cause those are the only real sport teams in Minny.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Considering all of the pandering and talking Zach did before, during and after this saga, I really do not put any merit into that "NJ 1A" garbage.

Especially since his priority was all of a sudden playing with his girlfriend Ryan.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Don't think it really needs its own thread.

Doesn't matter how **** played out he chose to leave the team that drafted and developed him. He speaks of loyalty then turns to a new team.

Don't care about how it played it, glad it's over and it didn't last any longer.

People speaking or throwing their jerseys.. I wouldn't do that. I'd toss his nameplate on the ice after I remove it from my Devils jersey.

What I do care about are those open roster spots. Come ooooonnn Semin & Doan!

Old
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Another gem from Zach, "I've been on teams that looked great on paper but didn't make the playoffs."

You've missed the playoffs ONE time in your stay in Jersey, and that was when you were injured.

One thing I love about all these quotes, not once did they they say they're going there to win. Even they know the Wild aren't contenders.

Okay, now I`m getting pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
i like how he said "9 was given to me, i've always been 11"

aww...yea like you would ever be so blessed to wear John Madden's #!!!!!
What? Modano was his favorite player, what the **** is he talking about?

Old
apice3*

I don't mind Parise leaving. Free agency is part of sports. We've lost players and we've gained players.

What I'm furious about and will never get over is how Parise handled all of this. He spoonfed us a lie about how the RFA contract was just how things went down. How he wants to remain in NJ. How he likes it here. He flat out lied.

Dude is a complete coward. I will take a lot of joy in watching his career tumble after 2 or 3 more energetic season. I can't wait for him to inevitably lose his legs and hustle, and then watch his talent falter shortly after. It's just a matter of time. Then Minnesota can be stuck in cap hell for 10 years.

Old
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
O_o

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
i like how he said "9 was given to me, i've always been 11"

aww...yea like you would ever be so blessed to wear John Madden's #!!!!!
11 was available to him several times after Madden left. Eat chode Zach - don't get all pissy about how you were treated in NJ by Lou now that you've cut the cord and turned your back on the team that gave you the captaincy and a cup finals because you might get ONE of those things again in the next 13 years and the letter is easy when you're the franchise's career long contract. The other is not so easily stumbled upon like a GM loose with his money.

have fun dodging Kurtis Foster's slapshot as it comes screaming at your knee.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
07-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I agree. Parise is a GREAT hockey player. GREAT! But not an ELITE player in my mind. $7.5 isn't a bad hit, but for 13 years? Kovy's hit is almost a million cheaper a year, and he's a PPG player. We got the better deal with Kovy I think.

We'll never know when this started, but it seemed to be pre meditated with these two clowns. Poor Nashville has to see Suter come twice a year. Luckily for the Devils fans they only have to see Parise come through their building once every year, and he likely won't play in the Prudential Center more than 6 or 7 more times in his career should he stay out West with the Elves. I found this whole thing very deceitful. Especially pretending he was talking with his fiance about it, and it was really he, and Suter going over the last minute game plan.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
lol I probably wouldn't waste my Zach jersey like that though I can't bring myself to ever wear it as is again. Hate that I have to go through the trouble of getting the name removed but whatever. Going retro would probably be a good idea and put Broten or Nicholls on it.
the minnesota legend neil broten?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:19 PM
meehan

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to meehan Send a message via AIM to meehan Send a message via MSN to meehan Send a message via Yahoo to meehan Send a message via Skype™ to meehan
Sorry if discussed already but I found this somewhat interesting:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...ut_going_home/

"Lamoriello said he did reach out to Suter as well, though not because he thought he would need to sign Suter to re-sign Parise. Lamoriello said he wanted to gauge Suter’s interest in playing in the Eastern Conference, specifically New Jersey and he was told that that was not Suter’s preference. So no offer was ever made to Suter."

Lies?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Fayne Staley
Devils drafting sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

that's what he said.....chere quoted it on twitter

Old
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
wow zach sounds.....well...**** him really. whatever. time to move on. kovy, henrique, this is your devils team now.

Old
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
No it's not a lie, Suter said something about not coming out east and that's why he didn't want to play in nj.

Old
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by meehan View Post
Sorry if discussed already but I found this somewhat interesting:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...ut_going_home/

"Lamoriello said he did reach out to Suter as well, though not because he thought he would need to sign Suter to re-sign Parise. Lamoriello said he wanted to gauge Suter’s interest in playing in the Eastern Conference, specifically New Jersey and he was told that that was not Suter’s preference. So no offer was ever made to Suter."

Lies?
Not lies. He said it on his conference call to the reporters after the signings.

Suter had no interest in the East, that was reported weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

Exact quote, heard it on TSN. Should be on TSN.ca soon enough.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Yeah good one Zach. Teams that looked good on paper missing the playoffs. You talking about the team that turned out to be the best team in the league for half the season while you had been sitting upstairs in the players luxury suite? A run which you had no part in? A half season where the only part you played was coincidentally in the game we were eliminated from playoff contention in?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
the minnesota legend neil broten?
I nearly bought a Broten jersey after the cup in '95. It'll just be 17 years late when I convert my CCM Parise jersey. Change the nameplate, throw this on there ->

Good to go.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
I'm with you. not mad at all that he went to the WIld back home. The fact that he Cleveland Cavalier'd us and said how he wanted to stay, when it wasn't the case at all. He had a plan to play with Suter this whole time.

His quote about "wouldn't that be cool to play together" or whatever he said was almost the exact same quote LeBron used when he signed with the Heat talking to Bosh and Wade.
I can only repeat myself :
I think I've seen this movie before ... filmed in Hoboken, New Jersey, and they also say it's really all about New York great looking star actor ... well you know it all ...
Allways loved punch in that one - "I could've been somebody ... I could've been contender!"

Old
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
As soon as the league announces that there is going to be a freaking season to be played, I'm booking my ticket for that game and I couldn't care less if it's played during the week, I'll call in sick the following day.

I'll be throwing my Parise gear with some monopoly money while chanting... "LOYALTY, LOYALTY, LOYALTY".

Would they let me in the arena if I had a fishing pole? I'd hook some dollar bills to the line and whip it accross the ice for Zach to chase them.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
have fun dodging Kurtis Foster's slapshot as it comes screaming at your knee.
LOL what? Did he re sign there again?

Old
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Eric Sachs

Kind of odd that this is it's own thread.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Baggy Spandex
Boat movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Those 3 are past their prime and weren' t thrown 100 million to play near their home. Huge difference. I really wish more devil fans would act mature about this whole departure.
Ugh. Your posts are starting to get on my nerves, and I don't think I'm alone. You'd be the worst person to be around when a dude gets dumped.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:28 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I am on the internet and I am telling you how to feel.

Feel this way

Old
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
JamieLee90

guys don't worry the A train will teach Z.P a lesson in loyalty on november 11th

Time to move on Parise is not an elite player and just because he is gone doesn't make us any weaker (so long as we bring in a replacement). good luck in minny zach of course it was about going home and not the money LOL.

Not even annoyed he left annoyed at the way he made us fans think he was staying.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
MadDevil

Just like every other Devil to leave in free agency, I could care less what Parise says or does from now on. He chose not to be a Devil anymore, so I'm choosing not to give a **** about him anymore.

The best part in all of this to me is the Pens missing out on both Suter and Parise.

Closed Thread