Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scouting report on Brookbank

Old
07-05-2012, 12:51 PM
sup bro*

vCash: 500
Scouting report on Brookbank

What can Hawks fans expect out of him? What do you think of his contract?

sup bro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:06 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Great contract, great player. I'd go as far as saying he's been one of our most consistent defensemen over the last couple of years, last year specifically. He'll have a few gaffes now and then (he is a third-pairing guy after all), but you'll love him. Plays great defensively, not afraid to get nasty, and he always stands up for his teammates. Last year was either a fluke or he's also stepped up his presence in the offensive zone .

I remember a couple of years ago we had him playing spot duty in the top-four and he was even good then. Definitely don't expect that, but it's just food for thought.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:10 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Great contract, great player. I'd go as far as saying he's been one of our most consistent defensemen over the last couple of years, last year specifically. He'll have a few gaffes now and then (he is a third-pairing guy after all), but you'll love him. Plays great defensively, not afraid to get nasty, and he always stands up for his teammates. Last year was either a fluke or he's also stepped up his presence in the offensive zone .

I remember a couple of years ago we had him playing spot duty in the top-four and he was even good then. Definitely don't expect that, but it's just food for thought.
Wouldn't go that far, great last year, rubbish the year before that.

But yes, solid third pairing guy, good d, willing to drop gloves and block shots. Don't want him playing top 4 minutes though.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/b...ks-league.html

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2012/05/...bank-3/110001/

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2012/01/...ciated/105976/

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Pros:
- Sticks up for teammates and is a good middleweight figher.
- Pretty physical.
- Good defensively. Plays it simple and safe, and is rarely out of position.

Cons:
- Anything over 10-12 points is a bonus, simply doesn't have the offensive tools.
- Lacks footspeed.

Was terrific in 09/10, pretty bad in 10/11 but bounced back nicely this past season. Like any other #6 d-man he will make the occassional blunder, but all in all, very reliable in his role. Contract is good imo, I wouldn't have minded re-signing him at that deal, but with Allen coming in he became expendable.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:19 PM
Hawktopus

Near the latter half of the season I noticed him shoot more often, the obvious upside to this is something like Bryce Salvador scoring numbers.

Otherwise he's fairly slow, good positioning, decent shot blocker but he'll drop the gloves pretty often.

From what I've seen Chicago plays a pretty fast paced end to end game, he may be a liability if this happens, hopefully he's paired with someone with good foot speed.

His moustache looks kind of weird when he grows it out but he can be one of those overlooked heroes on the team.

Hawktopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Old Man Barking

I really wanted to the Ducks to sign him to a three year deal as our number 6 dman.

Bryan Allen is good too, though, so I'm happy.

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
navyduck

Don't forget, he really can't skate backwards that well heh. Easily his best season last season. I do hope he continues to do as well if not better. Great character guy. Lot of heart

navyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Paul4587

He's physical, stands up for teammates and plays a simple game. Solid defensively provided he's used against lower lines. Is a terrible skater, has no puck skills and is more likely to bank the puck out off the boards than make a tape to tape pass. Has a reasonably hard shot but takes forever to get it off and it isn't accurate. If he plays all 82 games expect 5-15 points, he's not going to wow anyone offensively.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:13 PM
duari91

He seems like he is a tireless worker. He is always a team player, will basically sacrifice anything for the team. He worked through a lot of adversity just to get onto our roster. He isn't the strongest player, but he is well rounded defensively. He is a player you can count on to be decently consistent.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Hawktopus

I almost forgot, he also came in and played right wing for a few games the past two years.
Dustin Byfuglien experiment the sequel?

Hawktopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Disgruntled Goat

I'll always remember him kicking Clifford's ass two years ago. Wish we would've resigned him.

Disgruntled Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He's physical, stands up for teammates and plays a simple game. Solid defensively provided he's used against lower lines. Is a terrible skater, has no puck skills and is more likely to bank the puck out off the boards than make a tape to tape pass. Has a reasonably hard shot but takes forever to get it off and it isn't accurate. If he plays all 82 games expect 5-15 points, he's not going to wow anyone offensively.
This is the perfect way to sum up Brookbank. If he's more then your number 6, you're probably not going to win a cup. On a contender he's a 6/7, but he's a very solid 6. The price is a little high, but considering he was a FA it's not bad. I'd put his worth at 900k or so. He really does play the puck up the boards 90% of the time, but that's honestly one of the better things about him, he knows his limitations.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote