HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
  #526
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,789
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Wow Renney joining the Wings, good for him.
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Red Wings announce the hiring of Tom Renney as an associate coach. 3 year deal. Good things happen to good people. Good hire.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
  #527
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Good luck in Philly Feds, would've liked to have him back, but Pyatt is a clear upgrade. I'll always root for the guy a real warrior.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:36 PM
  #528
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
At this point, Pyatt is superior to Feds.
Yep. Good luck to Feds. Wish he wasn't in Philly, but so be it.

Wait, do we get to call him a traitor and wish injury on him like Devils fans?

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
  #529
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmo82 View Post
Is gabby not expected to get down infront of shots then? (serious question; don't know).
He's blocked a few, but no, I don't think it's expected of him, or even something they want him to do. A lot of blocked shots come on the PK, which Gabby will never be on.

GAGLine is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
  #530
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Holmgren: "We took a couple swings for the fences, but they were without subtracting from our team. Now we're sliding to Plan B."
https://twitter.com/DNFlyers/status/220948671485849601

No Nash or Ryan?

So much for that Nash bidding war after Parise signed

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:38 PM
  #531
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Canucks confirm winger Dale Weise has filed for salary arbitration. RFA depth defenceman Derek Joslin expected to sign two-way deal.
https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/220949363013328896

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:40 PM
  #532
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
Goalie check
Defense check
Bottom 6 check
Top 6.....

We need goals... Heater has the touch. Whatever baggage he may have, the guy knows how to finish and he'd only be a 2 year commitment, as opposed to someone like Semin or Nash
Heatley lost the touch... He's another question, not an answer...

Barnaby is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
  #533
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/DNFlyers/status/220948671485849601

No Nash or Ryan?

So much for that Nash bidding war after Parise signed
I think Plan A was Parise and Suter.

Plan B is most likely Nash and Ryan.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
  #534
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
He was before this signing too. It's his second time in Philly.
Feds needs to sign in NJ to match Asham.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
  #535
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
Goalie check
Defense check
Bottom 6 check
Top 6.....

We need goals... Heater has the touch. Whatever baggage he may have, the guy knows how to finish and he'd only be a 2 year commitment, as opposed to someone like Semin or Nash
24 goals for a $7.5 million cap hit? No thanks.

jas is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
  #536
TrojanRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Van down by theriver
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I think Plan A was Parise and Suter.

Plan B is most likely Nash and Ryan.
Read the quote again.

He stated that they looked to make moves, but they couldn't be done with out subtracting from the team.

Parise/Ryan were had for just money.

TrojanRanger is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
  #537
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I think Plan A was Parise and Suter.

Plan B is most likely Nash and Ryan.
Quote:
Holmgren: "I really like our team. I'm hesitant to give something up to get something back."
https://twitter.com/DNFlyers/status/220948539222671360

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
  #538
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
As is typical around here, a player like Fedotenko goes vastly underappreciated. He'll be missed. He was and continues to be an excellent defensive forward and a beast along the boards. A clutch player who raises his game when it counts, too.

I'm willing to eat plenty of crow when it comes to Feds. I thought they were dumb to bring him in after the horrible season he had in Pittsburgh. Boy, was I wrong. He's been one of the most likable and consistent players on this team for the last two seasons.

Damn shame that he went back to the Flyers, of all places. Good move by them. Not a great move by the Rangers letting him go. He lost a step, maybe two, but he's still effective.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
  #539
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
As is typical around here, a player like Fedotenko goes vastly underappreciated. He'll be missed. He was and continues to be an excellent defensive forward and a beast along the boards. A clutch player who raises his game when it counts, too.

I'm willing to eat plenty of crow when it comes to Feds. I thought they were dumb to bring him in after the horrible season he had in Pittsburgh. Boy, was I wrong. He's been one of the most likable and consistent players on this team for the last two seasons.

Damn shame that he went back to the Flyers, of all places. Good move by them. Not a great move by the Rangers letting him go. He lost a step, maybe two, but he's still effective.
But the good news is that probably opens up a spot for a kid like Miller.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
  #540
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
I can't believe Fedotenko got more than Pyatt. 1.75 seems like a lot.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
  #541
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Wow Renney joining the Wings, good for him.
But, but he's a bad coach! Lundqvist and Jagr carried him!

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
  #542
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz
 
McDonagh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,592
vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yep. Good luck to Feds. Wish he wasn't in Philly, but so be it.

Wait, do we get to call him a traitor and wish injury on him like Devils fans?
Fedotenko was never really good anyway

McDonagh is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
  #543
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
But the good news is that probably opens up a spot for a kid like Miller.
I don't see any spots available for Miller, nor do I think it's very realistic that Miller will make the team.

1-Richards
2-Gaborik
3-Callahan
4-Stepan
5-Kreider
6-Hagelin
7-Dubinsky (for now)
8-Anisimov
9-Boyle
10-Pyatt
11-Rupp
12-Asham

Who is Miller displacing? I guess it depends on when the season starts and when Gaborik comes back, but I still see the Rangers making a trade this summer.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:55 PM
  #544
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Fedotenko who? I never even liked him. What a ***** for blowing us off to join another team. And he seemed so happy when he scored those goals for us.

/Devils fan rant.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:56 PM
  #545
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,837
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Feds needs to sign in NJ to match Asham.
There's always next year.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:58 PM
  #546
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I liked Feds and he was a beast along the boards but he couldn't hold onto the puck and was braindead in the offensive zone.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:58 PM
  #547
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
The only question is who and when... They will address the offense somehow. My guess is still Nash - I just think Howson passed the point of no return with this situation...

Barnaby is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:59 PM
  #548
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I liked Feds and he was a beast along the boards but he couldn't hold onto the puck and was braindead in the offensive zone.
What would you call Prust or Boyle then? Fedotenko was better at holding on to the puck than either of them, and was a better decision maker with the puck on his stick.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 02:01 PM
  #549
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I don't see any spots available for Miller, nor do I think it's very realistic that Miller will make the team.

1-Richards
2-Gaborik
3-Callahan
4-Stepan
5-Kreider
6-Hagelin
7-Dubinsky (for now)
8-Anisimov
9-Boyle
10-Pyatt
11-Rupp
12-Asham

Who is Miller displacing? I guess it depends on when the season starts and when Gaborik comes back, but I still see the Rangers making a trade this summer.
That's not even including Haley who will be given a good shot to make the team. I don't see any kids cracking the lineup at forward this year unless they blow everyone away and even than it seems unlikely.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 02:02 PM
  #550
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
What would you call Prust or Boyle then? Fedotenko was better at holding on to the puck than either of them, and was a better decision maker with the puck on his stick.
Prust was a hustler and was decent at chasing for loose pucks. I think Feds was slightly better than Boyle with the decision making, but Boyle is even better than Feds on the boards. He created a lot of chances.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.