HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
  #651
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
Gaborik hurt
Kreider a rookie
Cally scores but hardly a guy a team game plans against
Richards a playmaker

Dorado* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:51 PM
  #652
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I don't know where he is getting 6+ million from for Doan at his age.

The most he gets is 5 million, if that.
I'm not saying he deserves 6+, but that may be the only way he would sign here for less years.

Considering the crazy salaries that have been given in this market, is it that crazy?

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
  #653
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Players and owners resumed meetings today. Donald Fehr was on NHL live. He didnt say much but did sound like they had good dialogue.

RGY is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
  #654
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Players and owners resumed meetings today. Donald Fehr was on NHL live. He didnt say much but did sound like they had good dialogue.
I really doubt its going to lockout. If it does, its not going to be that long. Very different climate than it was in 05.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:56 PM
  #655
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Gaborik hurt
Kreider a rookie
Cally scores but hardly a guy a team game plans against
Richards a playmaker
Doan would not be the center piece. At this point he is equal in production to callahan.

Gaborik is not missing an entire year. He is missing 1-2 months. Stop acting like he is not part of the roster for next year.

Kreider is a rookie but he has better skill at this point than Doan. A more pure scorer at this point.

Richards is a playmaker, yes. But he centers a lot of the offense as the playmaker.

I don't know what picture you're trying to paint but its wrong

RGY is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
  #656
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I'm not saying he deserves 6+, but that may be the only way he would sign here for less years.

Considering the crazy salaries that have been given in this market, is it that crazy?
I'd rather give Doan a 3-4 year contract at a lower cap hit. He is a good leader and though his production will decline over time he will be useful when battling in a deep playoff run.

RGY is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
  #657
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Doan would not be the center piece. At this point he is equal in production to callahan.

Gaborik is not missing an entire year. He is missing 1-2 months. Stop acting like he is not part of the roster for next year.

Kreider is a rookie but he has better skill at this point than Doan. A more pure scorer at this point.

Richards is a playmaker, yes. But he centers a lot of the offense as the playmaker.

I don't know what picture you're trying to paint but its wrong
To be fair, too small of a time sample to make a serious judgement like that.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:05 PM
  #658
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I don't know where he is getting 6+ million from for Doan at his age.

The most he gets is 5 million, if that.
Jiri Hudler got 4.5m.... This market sucks. I would not be one bit suprised if Doan got 6m on a short term deal somewhere.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:10 PM
  #659
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 77,134
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
We can afford it, if its only two years. By the time his contract is up, both Gabs and Doan are off the books.
And it prevents us from addressing other needs. That'd be idiotic. If he wants more than 5M, we look elsewhere. No need to overpay for an obviously declining Doan.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
ECL is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:10 PM
  #660
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,123
vCash: 500
Nohing yet on Stralman. Arbitration. Contract.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
  #661
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
First off let's look at players production past injury missing training camp . Expecting Gaborik to easily return to form is a huge ?.
Kreider I expect to hqve an up n down year complete with benchings and even a possible send down to the minors due to defensive play . He's a rookie and all it will take is a few plays where he's on the wrong side onthe puck for him to be on th 4 th line .
Up n down for CK . He will pot a few goals for sure but also have his failings .
Doan if signed will very well be at the center of NYR offense . Not many other people can be relied on to score .
Gaborik = ?
CK =?
Cally ='20-30'if remains healthy
Dubi=?
Where is the scoring ?

Dorado* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:14 PM
  #662
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
And it prevents us from addressing other needs. That'd be idiotic. If he wants more than 5M, we look elsewhere. No need to overpay for an obviously declining Doan.
What needs would that be? Doan is a plan B to a Nash/Ryan. If anything he gives you more space, and doesn't require assets.

Your not going to get Weber if your looking for a massive and unnecessary upgrade to the D. We have plenty of money to address those problems realistically.

Other than that is perhaps an upgrade over a third line center(who can win faceoffs). But that is not going to break the bank either.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
  #663
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,350
vCash: 500
In the end, I'll be shocked if neither Nash or Ryan is a Ranger by the time season opens.

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:24 PM
  #664
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,775
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
And it prevents us from addressing other needs. That'd be idiotic. If he wants more than 5M, we look elsewhere. No need to overpay for an obviously declining Doan.
Completely agree. Doan at $5M+ for 3+ years could end up to be a crippling contract. If he was even 34, I'd take the chance, but the prospect of being unable to move his salary if he becomes a burden is too risky.

Rather sign Semin.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:25 PM
  #665
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
First off let's look at players production past injury missing training camp . Expecting Gaborik to easily return to form is a huge ?.
Kreider I expect to hqve an up n down year complete with benchings and even a possible send down to the minors due to defensive play . He's a rookie and all it will take is a few plays where he's on the wrong side onthe puck for him to be on th 4 th line .
Up n down for CK . He will pot a few goals for sure but also have his failings .
Doan if signed will very well be at the center of NYR offense . Not many other people can be relied on to score .
Gaborik = ?
CK =?
Cally ='20-30'if remains healthy
Dubi=?
Where is the scoring ?
I almost laughed out loud when i read that kreider will be sent down because of defensive play.

You look at the glass more than half empty. What gaborik is only gona score 15 goals after returning? Kreider cant score 20? Will Dubi even be there the whole year? Maybe dealt at the deadline for a scorer.

You're the fan that is willing to overpay for Nash.

Doan wouldnt be signed to be the answer. He'd be signed to be a supporting piece.

RGY is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  #666
SomebodySaveKreider
Registered User
 
SomebodySaveKreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
5 years for a +34 contract? What do we look like, the Flyers?

2 years, $10 million. Take it or leave it.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  #667
BOO KA BOOM
Registered User
 
BOO KA BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Uh oh guys Adam Proteau is calling the NYR offseason "losers".

Gimme a break.

BOO KA BOOM is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
  #668
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,932
vCash: 500
CK still has a lot to learn in regards to NHL play . He looked great in the PO at times but a full 82 game season with 3 g in 4 nights in different buildings is far diff than what he's experienced so far .
He is still a huge ? . Probably should pot 15 + easily with his speed and release .
I like Doan as a secondary scoring who wouldn't expect he wants term and money of primary scoring .
I'm not in on Nash . Id go for Semin .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:33 PM
  #669
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
It wasn't good when McCabe was here either though.
McCabe was pretty awful by the time he got here. He still shot hard, but he didn't have much in the way of accuracy and release. It seemed like he spent half the time not even in shooting position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO KA BOOM View Post
Uh oh guys Adam Proteau is calling the NYR offseason "losers".

Gimme a break.
Isn't he a notorious Ranger hater? How are we losers? It's July 5th. What have we missed out on? Should we have gone after Suter when our left side is overflowing or Parise who publicly said he wouldn't come here?

Zil is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:34 PM
  #670
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO KA BOOM View Post
Uh oh guys Adam Proteau is calling the NYR offseason "losers".

Gimme a break.
its been like what? 4 days? Pitt, Phil, New Jersey all got weaker..

Lundsanity30 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
  #671
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Doan would be similar to the Naslund signing in a lot of ways, which I thought was a good one.

RangerFan10 is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:35 PM
  #672
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO KA BOOM View Post
Uh oh guys Adam Proteau is calling the NYR offseason "losers".

Gimme a break.
Big offseason winners last year, the Sharks and Caps, really didn't accomplish much over the year did they?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
  #673
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
McCabe wasn't receiving quality passes either. Our PP was so indecisive when he was here(still is), and he had no set up man from his off point.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
  #674
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,539
vCash: 500
Doan = Drury

With less intangibles

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:37 PM
  #675
BOO KA BOOM
Registered User
 
BOO KA BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
its been like what? 4 days? Pitt, Phil, New Jersey all got weaker..
That's what I was thinking.

I guess he was filling THNs anti Ranger quota. It was the first team in the article.

BOO KA BOOM is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.