HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 10:29 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I understsnd. I'm just saying asking for ONE of them is not an absurd demand. No I don't do it, but I'm of the belief Nash would be a 75-80 pt player here
Of course it's not an absurd demand. Howson should be asking for two of them. lol But what you ask for and what you agree on are obviously different. Unfortunately for Howson it looks like Sather isn't willing to meet him in the middle.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:31 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Nash has a $7.8 million cap hit, has not scored 40 goals in years, and has a FULL NMC. In the salary cap era that changes what is considered the standard or parameters for "equal value." I don't feel bad for once second. This Howson's fault. All his. He has not made any changes to his scouting department. The only positive move he has done is brought in Craig Patrick. But its too little too late with the Nash situation. He shouldn't have handed him that contract let alone the full NMC. Yeah you know what its Nash's fault for signing the contract, however, as the star player who scored 30 goals on a losing team on a yearly basis, you would think that the organization would be able to draft quality players with their high draft picks to develop a solid team. OR trade down to get more picks to draft more potential NHLers. No, instead it has been a piss poor job of managing by Howson. And like RB has continually said, Howson wants to make up for years of mistakes with this one trade. It ain't gonna happen. Not in the salary cap era. Teams can't add that cap hit (even if they can afford to pay it) and find players to ice a team around him when they had to trade multiple players off their roster for Nash to begin with.

If I'm Nash I come out with his agent to the media and say you have 5 days to trade me to one of these teams otherwise I'm not showing up to camp. Howson doesn't have any leverage in this situation. It has gone on for 6 months. Enough is enough which is basically what Dreger said on NHL Live today. What is Howson going to do, file for a breach of contract? Go ahead terminate the contract and get nothing for him. Or don't pay him at all. Nash has made enough money to sit out for a month or two. It wouldn't be that long because when CBJ walks into the season with no one to put up his production and they got no one in the seats going to the game coupled with a poor atmosphere around the lockerroom and organization, Howson will have no choice but to move him. So trade him now and get two players such as a Dubinsky and Anisimov who combined will probably outscore Nash over a season and call it a day.

And for the record I am not a fan of getting Nash. But you get the feeling its pretty much inevitable.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

It's one thing if Howson wanted Kreider, Stepan, and/or McDonagh and they were blue-chip prospects.

They're not prospects, they're key roster players. Losing them would make a Nash acquisition a lateral move.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's one thing if Howson wanted Kreider, Stepan, and/or McDonagh and they were blue-chip prospects.

They're not prospects, they're key roster players. Losing them would make a Nash acquisition a lateral move.
Right and as I stated I wouldn't do it because we create more holes, but the value is fair and its not an absurd demand. I do agree though, those 3 are my non starting point

Old
07-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Right and as I stated I wouldn't do it because we create more holes, but the value is fair and its not an absurd demand. I do agree though, those 3 are my non starting point
Well Stepan or Kredier would be fair value. If it's McDonagh, I wanna know what Columbus is adding.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Most I would do is dubi or AA + Hagelin prospect not miller or erixon
If I understand....You would trade Dubi + Hagelin+ prospect for nash?

I'm totally shooting from the hip but I don't believe the Rangers are offering that much. My best guess is Dubi, Miller, Plus 1st. I don't believe Sather is willing to move more than one roster player for Nash.

Thus, I believe Nash is going elsewhere.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Funny you said this, as I typed an identical post in the main board (mind you at the same time as jskramer83)... I think there's a breakthrough which will allow me to stop checking my phone for trades every 10 minutes...

Old
07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post

I'm totally shooting from the hip but I don't believe the Rangers are offering that much. My best guess is Dubi, Miller, Plus 1st. I don't believe Sather is willing to move more than one roster player for Nash.

They want two roster forwards. I can live with, but dont like because their production would be higher combined than Nash's over a season:

Dubi, AA, Thomas, 1st round pick in 2014, 2nd round pick in 2013 (or 3rd)

I think we traded two 2nd round picks for erixon. Not sure what years and if they were actually our picks or the rights we had to another team.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Blueshirt Believer

The way I see it Sather is going to do one of two things this summer:

1)Get a top six wing. Whether that be Nash/Ryan/or Doan(plan 1b). Then either use Stralman or another secondary trade to pick up 2nd pairing RD/triggerman for the PP.

or

2)He bails on the idea of a top six winger. Hopes that Krieder/Hagelin/one of the prospects pans out to fill out a top 6 role. He goes balls out for Weber with the idea that he can fix our PP(and the goals we would gain from that would help carry the offensive load). He then makes another trade to bring in a tweener 2nd/3rd line winger to help a bit upfront.

Its going to be one or the other imo.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post

1)Get a top six wing. Whether that be Nash/Ryan/or Doan. Then either use Stralman or another secondary trade to pick up 2nd pairing RD/triggerman for the PP.

or

2)He bails on the idea of a top six winger. Hopes that Krieder/Hagelin/one of the prospects pans out to fill out a top 6 role. He goes balls out for Weber with the idea that he can fix our PP(and the goals we would gain from that would help carry the offensive load). He then makes another trade to bring in a tweener 2nd/3rd line winger to help a bit upfront.
He's not trading Stralman. Organization likes him. He was going to go back to Sweden. Only reason I think he is staying is because NYR wants him back.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
I thought it was established that Kreider, Stepan, or McDonagh weren't required in the deal. You guys have a short memory?

Old
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post

yes I would do dubi or AA + hags a prospect and 1st. Nash replaces AA or hags and we could use dubi to bring something else in

Old
07-05-2012, 10:46 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
They want two roster forwards. I can live with, but dont like because their production would be higher combined than Nash's over a season:

I think we traded two 2nd round picks for erixon. Not sure what years and if they were actually our picks or the rights we had to another team.
Without debating who will score how many goals.... I believe your offer would in the end bring Nash to NY.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
He's not trading Stralman. Organization likes him. He was going to go back to Sweden. Only reason I think he is staying is because NYR wants him back.
I wasn't saying he is trading him. I was saying he either uses Stalman for that role or makes a trade for another 2nd pairing Dman. Stralman would be pushed to the 3rd pairing.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:

1)Get a top six wing. Whether that be Nash/Ryan/or Doan(plan 1b). Then either use Stralman or another secondary trade to pick up 2nd pairing RD/triggerman for the PP.

or

Its going to be one or the other imo.
Won't happen, but drool at the thought of mdz and webber on the PP lol

Old
07-05-2012, 10:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
I wasn't saying he is trading him. I was saying he either uses Stalman for that role or makes a trade for another 2nd pairing Dman. Stralman would be pushed to the 3rd pairing.
Sorry about that buddy. I misunderstood what you were saying. But now that you said that, I agree with you on that.

I still think we end up with Nash and Doan when its all said and done. And thats only if Doan comes at a reasonable contract.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

2011 - Our 2nd (45) and Washington's 2nd (57).

Old
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I thought it was established that Kreider, Stepan, or McDonagh weren't required in the deal. You guys have a short memory?
Dreger and Brooks both believe he is still asking for one of them

Old
07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
If you think the asking price for Nash is high, then you'd be surprised to see what the price would be for Weber. Nashville just lost Suter. They're not moving one of the best PP shots and defensemen in the game for pebbles.

Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Its very unlikely, but not impossible. We have the defensive assets to do it. You would lose Staal(in a package), but you gain Weber. Depends on what Nashville covets forwards or Defense. I still think the Flyers would make a better package, but you never know.

Also, Weber would play with Richards not Del Z. He would logically move to the 2nd unit.

Old
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
2012 - Our 2nd (45) and Washington's 2nd (57).
The picks were 2011 picks, actually.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Sorry about that buddy. I misunderstood what you were saying. But now that you said that, I agree with you on that.

I still think we end up with Nash and Doan when its all said and done. And thats only if Doan comes at a reasonable contract.
Nash and Doan would be overkill but sweet if we could do it lol

Old
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
The picks were 2011 picks, actually.
yeah, already updated it.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:51 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

If two roster pieces are being moved, then J.T. Miller absolutely can not be in the deal and he'd be looked at to earn a spot in camp.

Plain and simple.

There would need to be at least one other rookie forward on the roster other than Kreider.

If its Dubinsky + Hagelin/Anisimov.

Dubinsky + Hagelin/Anisimov + Thomas + 1st

Nash + Dorsett

Miller would have to step in and play in a bottom six role. Mostly 5v5.

Columbus would have to throw in a spare forward. Like Derek Dorsett.

Nash Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Callahan
Hagelin/Dubinsky/Anisimov Miller Pyatt
Rupp/Asham Boyle Dorsett

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Stralman
Del Zotto Sauer(when healthy)/Eminger/Jurcina
Bickel

Old
07-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Its very unlikely, but not impossible. We have the defensive assets to do it. You would lose Staal(in a package), but you gain Weber. Depends on what Nashville covets forwards or Defense. I still think the Flyers would make a better package, but you never know.

Also, Weber would play with Richards not Del Z. He would logically move to the 2nd unit.
I would move staal for webber. We would have 2 awesome pairings. Mcd webber and mdz girardi

Closed Thread