HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VI: The Nick Rash edition (Fedotenko signs w/ Philly)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I would 100 out of 100 times lol.
And besides hoping all our young forwards get better, how would you then suggest we increase our scoring...now that you've just added 4M in salary to the cap on D?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
The guy they would be getting is better and plays D as well. Also Staal is going to have to be paid soon as well
Soon? He's signed for 3 more years. That's not soon.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
For Weber, a runner up for the Norris trophy(2x). One of the most feared shots in the league, solid defensively?

Yeah, Staal is expendable.
Again...lol

Expendable for you.

Last i checked, you're not a member of the Rangers front office.

Show me a shred of evidence that the Rangers would even entertain the notion of trading Staal.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
And besides hoping all our young forward get better, how would you then suggest we increase our scoring...now that you've just added 4M in salary to the cap on D?
Well the idea is that with our PP most likely getting significantly better, it would increase our scoring to a point that the need isn't as great.

It would still be an issue. But as I said, if one of our prospects/young guys fills out, its a good move.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Again...lol

Expendable for you.

Show me a shred of evidence that the Rangers would even entertain the notion of trading Staal.
The Rangers have no interest in trading Staal.

Old
Lundsanity30

Lol u know we are all bored and nothing is going on when we are debating trading for a guy who is not even available

Old
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
The Rangers have no interest in trading Staal.
Until Nash offers webber...

Old
07-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Lol u know we are all bored and nothing is going on when we are debating trading for a guy who is not even available
Technically he is a free agent, and can talk with anyone in the league.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Rangers are NOT trading Marc Staal.
Quote:
Rangers are NOT trading Stepan, either.
Agreed on both. I am almost 23 years old (so yeah I was alive for the 94 cup but was not really apart of it other than remembering my father tossing my younger brother up in the air). I watched guys like Leetch, Messier, Gretzky, Graves, Kovalev, etc. in my youth and I liked them all. Became a diehard fan went to 4-5 games a year with my dad. But now that I'm older, matured, played the game growing up, I really understand it now. I'm more engulfed in it. The Rangers have become one of those things you look forward to with all the stresses of everyday life. The point of the story is that from 16-17 years old which was you know end of high school, beginning of college, new life stage, I have grown up with Marc Staal. He is and has been since he came up, been my favorite player. The guy, when he is 100% as he was in the playoffs, is stellar. I truly believe he is one of the best in the game. The offense may not be there and may not ever be there, but he can go toe to toe with Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, etc. He has a great cap hit and is still so young. You don't trade players like him. You just don't. Through all those years of losing and missing the playoffs, people here get a sniff of what success feels like and they want to add, add, add. They start to deviate from the course. People here start throwing crazy proposals out there, willing to move guys like Stepan, Staal, MDZ, etc. They are key components to this team. They will be key components to an eventual cup run. You don;t move those guys. One ECF visit and people want the sexy names.

Machinehead had a post earlier, frustrated with the lack of movement by Sather. A lot of fans have been sounding like his post. We are 5 days into free agency. I'm very pleased with Sather. He did not overpay for Prust. As much as I despise Asham, he will cost $1.5 million less to do a similar job to what Prust does. He replaced Fedotenko with Pyatt. Also a cheaper contract I believe. You can't show desperation. You can't over manage your team. Patience is a virtue. I strongly believe we will get the help we need. Just a matter of time.

Old
darko

Rangers appear to be extremely reluctant to trade Kreider, Stepan and McDonagh. Rightfully so. That's why we are not getting Nash or Ryan.

I think we stand pat (due to salary cap uncertainties) and look to add a top-6 forward next offseason. Perry, Getzlaf, Clowe, Lupul. Next year's class is deep.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
If they are considering going after Weber, they most certainly will.
Why? Seriously, why?

-#2 Defense. Swap Staal for Weber. Become #1... while raising the net cap by $4m minimum for 1 season before he hits UFA.
-you still haven't changed the defensive depth, but you added $4m to your net cap

Cool, he's plays the right side and he's shiny and new, perfect for this slow moving off season.

Or you can sign Stralman and trade for a 3rd line RD or let one of the rookies earn it, or maybe see how the freaking season goes before you trade away an all star defenseman at an amazing cap number for a soon to be UFA. Maybe? Use the extra money on scoring?

I'm half expecting Luongo trade proposals soon. Use the cap on an elite backup, that'll be entertaining for two days!

Old
07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Its Weber.

And he's not being traded.

He's a RFA. He's guaranteed to play in Nashville at least one more year.

Theres been no indication that they're trading him.

And the Rangers have never entertained the thought of trading Staal.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
It's WEBER. lol

Old
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Again...lol

Expendable for you.

Using logic, the Rangers would trade Staal for Weber, because Weber is a better player than Staal. It doesn't matter if he's "indicated" as unavailable.

I'd be extremely concerned if Rangers' management wouldn't trade Staal for Weber. They aren't stupid.

07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Its Weber.

And he's not being traded.

He's a RFA. He's guaranteed to play in Nashville at least one more year.

Theres been no indication that they're trading him.

And the Rangers have never entertained the thought of trading Staal.
yes as I have said, he's not available so its moot.

Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
Using logic, the Rangers would trade Staal for Weber, because Weber is a better player than Staal. It doesn't matter if he's "indicated" as unavailable.

I'd be extremely concerned if Rangers' management wouldn't trade Staal for Weber. They aren't stupid.
they would be if they didn't make that trade

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Why? Seriously, why?

-#2 Defense. Swap Staal for Weber. Become #1... while raising the net cap by $4m minimum for 1 season before he hits UFA.
-you still haven't changed the defensive depth, but you added $4m to your net cap

Cool, he's plays the right side and he's shiny and new, perfect for this slow moving off season.

Or you can sign Stralman and trade for a 3rd line RD or let one of the rookies earn it, or maybe see how the freaking season goes before you trade away an all star defenseman at an amazing cap number for a soon to be UFA. Maybe? Use the extra money on scoring?

I'm half expecting Luongo trade proposals soon. Use the cap on an elite backup, that'll be entertaining for two days!
It makes perfect sense. Luongo can back Hank up for 7 years and then he can be our #1 for the final two years of his deal. lol

Old
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Why? Seriously, why?

If they make a trade for Staal for Weber, it would only happen if Weber were to agree to a long term contract. Weber most certainly fixes our defensive depth, Girardi gets knocked down a pairing, stralman on the third pair.

Again, these are hypotheticals-if Weber becomes available. If not, we are still on plan #1.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
It's just Howson running 20 different HFBoard accounts.
I cant be the only person here who immediately thought of this can i?

Old
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

Using logic...?

Dude.

The Rangers are NOT trading Marc Staal.

You may as well get the idea out of your head.

They're not trading for Weber, either.

The only way they trade Staal is if he pulls the **** his brother did and force the Rangers hand.

He's not like his whiney brother.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

Plus, Staal is a LD which we are stacked on. We could lose him and have people to plug in the role.

Old
DutchShamrock

Quote:
For Weber, a runner up for the Norris trophy(2x). One of the most feared shots in the league, solid defensively?

Yeah, Staal is expendable.
Yeah, I guess the new CBA will abolish the cap. Why not spend extra money to unnecessarily upgrade the top 3? Ignore the minutes played problem which starts with the bottom 2 guys not being good enough. Swap out the amazing defenders for the guy that's UFA in one season who will command Staal, Kreider, Miller + in a trade.

I'm down with this, as long as we ignore scoring. Defense wins championships and the cap is just a number. If we spend enough on D, we won't be able to waste money on O. Best case scenario.

Old
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Using logic...?

Dude.

The Rangers are NOT trading Marc Staal.

You may as well get the idea out of your head.

They're not trading for Weber, either.

The only way they trade Staal is if he pulls the **** his brother did and force the Rangers hand.

He's not like his whiney brother.
For Shea Weber, yes they would. It's like saying they wouldn't trade Stepan for Crosby using "the Rangers are NOT trading Derek Stepan" as the reasoning.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
For Shea Weber, yes they would. It's like saying they wouldn't trade Stepan for Crosby using "the Rangers are NOT trading Derek Stepan" as the reasoning.
Honest question...Is Shea Weber twice as good a defenseman as a healthy Marc Staal? I'm not so sure he is. So to me it's not a no-brainer that you make that trade as some here have suggested.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
No its not like saying that.

Its not even remotely close.

Closed Thread