Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Yeah on some occasions, but like minor league baseball you can pretty much walk up and buy tickets. I don't care that their the Kings affiliate, they hardly ever have Kings players on the team. If I remember right Kyle Clifford just joined the team though.
Well, I don't give a damn who they are affiliated with either. It's real hockey. If you are a hockey fan you can enjoy it.

It looks like I will be going Saturday nite with a friend. Now I just have to find out where it is.

Old
11-30-2012, 04:15 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Well, I don't give a damn who they are affiliated with either. It's real hockey. If you are a hockey fan you can enjoy it.

It looks like I will be going Saturday nite with a friend. Now I just have to find out where it is.
Haha yeah, I already got my tickets. Going to try to get their early and get a picture. I'll be wearing a Ducks jersey thats for sure.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:49 PM
DarthYenik

The one time I went to a Reign game, I saw a few Ducks jerseys. They were playing Bakersfield, but it was the season after the Ducks cut ties, so there were no Ducks prospects on the team.

Old
12-01-2012, 10:20 AM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
The one time I went to a Reign game, I saw a few Ducks jerseys. They were playing Bakersfield, but it was the season after the Ducks cut ties, so there were no Ducks prospects on the team.
I wear my jersey to the game, mainly because its like minor league baseball everyone wears whatever teams hat. I live right down the street from the Lake Elsinore Storm and they were the Angels affiliate, but now Padres and I've seen people wear Yankees, Cubs, Reds, pretty much anybody. Plus, if I'm taking a picture with the Stanley Cup I wanna be in my Ducks jersey.

Old
12-02-2012, 01:54 AM
mighty all the way

I got a high five from a Ducks fan tonight. It was fun, huge line for the Cup, so Joey Crabb, Paul Mara, Kyle Clifford, and Devin Setiguchi were there. Brandon Dubinsky was on the other team but apparently he's injured.

Last edited by mighty all the way: 12-02-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old
12-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
I got a high five from a Ducks fan tonight. It was fun, huge line for the Cup, so Joey Crabb, Paul Mara, Kyle Clifford, and Devin Setiguchi were there. Brandon Dubinsky was on the other team but apparently he's injured.
I couldn't find another Duck fan there. I was the only one I saw there in a Duck jersey. Where were you hiding?

The line for the Cup was almost all the way around the building. Which, by the way, was colder than I ever recall the Honda Center being.

That Clifford goal looked amazingly like a Bobby Ryan goal. Fall and all.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:22 AM
mighty all the way

Quote:
I couldn't find another Duck fan there. I was the only one I saw there in a Duck jersey. Where were you hiding?

The line for the Cup was almost all the way around the building. Which, by the way, was colder than I ever recall the Honda Center being.

That Clifford goal looked amazingly like a Bobby Ryan goal. Fall and all.
I saw about five people wearing Ducks jerseys. There were a bunch of Kings fans. Haha I was in section 103 I believe. Yeah the line was crazy, I thought if I went during the end of the first period it would die down, but I ended up missing all but 6 minutes of the second period and missed that Clifford goal. Saw it on one of those TV's they had out by the snack bars.

And yes that arena was soooooo cold, I thought I would be fine wearing jeans, long sleeve shirt, and my jersey but no I was freezing my butt off the entire time. Its never been that cold at Honda Center.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
I saw about five people wearing Ducks jerseys. There were a bunch of Kings fans. Haha I was in section 103 I believe. Yeah the line was crazy, I thought if I went during the end of the first period it would die down, but I ended up missing all but 6 minutes of the second period and missed that Clifford goal. Saw it on one of those TV's they had out by the snack bars.

And yes that arena was soooooo cold, I thought I would be fine wearing jeans, long sleeve shirt, and my jersey but no I was freezing my butt off the entire time. Its never been that cold at Honda Center.
Well, I was in the first row of 219. Seems when I got to the box office at 5:00 they had no more tickets together in the lower bowl. But actually, the the upper bowl is pretty much like being in the club level at the Honda Center. The seats were great. Other than being cold! I wore a long sleeve t-shirt under my jersey. At the Honda Center I usually go with a short sleeve t-shirt under the jersey and all is good, even in the lower bowl.

There were tons of Kings jerseys everywhere. I guess most of them were there because they had never seen the Stanley Cup before.

Next time, I'm bringing a parka.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:17 PM
DarthYenik

That's cool, though about Kings fans seeing the Cup. I'm not afraid to admit the first time I saw the Cup with my own eyes was at the Ducks Cup Celebration. I got about 10 feet from the red carpet, and had to stand on my tippy toes, and the only reason I could see it then was because Pronger was holding it in the air, but I got a good look at it. But as a fan of the Ducks, the best part was that it was ours. So I can understand why there were a bunch of Kings fans, it's their Cup right now. Of course that one Reign game that I went to, there definitely didn't seem like there were that many Kings jerseys. There were definitely more Kings jerseys than Ducks jerseys, but I wouldn't say the building was packed with Kings jerseys. That's what going to and winning the Cup does though. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a new Kings fan after the 92 playoffs. That fall of course, I quickly turned to being a Ducks fan, and a Gretzky fan on the side.

Anyway, back on topic. Can someone give me a layman's explanation of the PA desertification?

Old
12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

I first saw the Cup in 03. It was actually on display at Sears during the finals that year. If you didn't want to wait in line to go up and touch it you could still get a pretty good view from the side.

If the players decertify the NHL goes back to the days of the wild, wild, west. No cap, no draft, no minimum wage, no guaranteed contracts, no benefits. It's every man for himself when it comes to pay and benefits.

The best players will continue to do well for themselves. The rookies will be vastly overpaid as a bidding wars erupt for them and the bottom players in the league will be lucky to make more than what top AHL guys are making now, many with non guaranteed contracts and likely no multi year deals either.

Many of those guys better think long and hard about going down that road.

Old
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Paul4587

I stole this article from the BOH thread:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/0...g-nhl-lockout/

I call bs but I hope like hell I'm wrong.

Old
12-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I'm highly skeptical, though I'm a tad bit surprised none of the big dogs have said anything yet. Could be a coincidence though.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:55 AM
DarthYenik

Thanks for the explanation, Eddie. That sounds like bad news. I'd rather have a full season lockout than a last ditch destruction of any progress the last CBA made, just to salvage one half season.

I have nearly given up hope, but I can't help but be stupidly optimistic when someone reports progress is being made.

Old
12-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Well, a decertification wouldn't salvage anything this year anyway as there would be immediate lawsuits on both sides. Legally, much of what would happen is far from clear. If you hate the BS that's going on now, just wait until decertification hits, if it does.

Usually when players threaten to decertify it is nothing more than a threat, used as a bargaining chip.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Paul4587

Quote:

Usually when players threaten to decertify it is nothing more than a threat, used as a bargaining chip.
Which both the NBA and NFL successfully used as a bargaining chip in their negotiations, so there is at least some hope it could help us get a half season. But if the NHL calls the NHLPAs bluff and lets everything go ahead that's when things are going to get really messy. Say goodbye to hockey for at least the season and watch the landscape of the NHL completely change.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Which both the NBA and NFL successfully used as a bargaining chip in their negotiations, so there is at least some hope it could help us get a half season. But if the NHL calls the NHLPAs bluff and lets everything go ahead that's when things are going to get really messy. Say goodbye to hockey for at least the season and watch the landscape of the NHL completely change.
I think the owners may be stubborn enough to call that bluff. If it turns out not to be a bluff then yes, the NHL as we know it will become quite different. And delayed even further.

Old
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
davidy2d
Heater Clap Bombs

I wish they'd at least cancel the season so Teemu can go play in Finland.

Old
12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidy2d View Post
I wish they'd at least cancel the season so Teemu can go play in Finland.
I don't know why he hasn't gone already. I remember him saying something like he's going to wait a couple weeks if the lockout goes into the season, and then go over to Jokerit.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Jesus Teemu

Two sides are going to eat right now, and they may or may not meet again after, according to LeBrun and Rosen.

Old
12-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Jesus Teemu

John Shannon

Hearing that progress was made in the meeting. Owners expect to continue talks tonight.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

So they want us to believe they are getting close but they can't just order some pizza and keep going? They have to stop and go out to eat? Sheesh.

Old
12-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Paul4587

Yeah I don't think much progress has been made at all, what we're hearing now isn't any different to what we were hearing a few weeks ago after there was apparent progress made.

I'm done being optimistic with this whole thing.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Jesus Teemu

Daly and Fehr gave the closing address at the podium together. Fehr says it was maybe the best day during the process, but there's still a lot of work to do etc etc etc.

Overall, today had the potential to be a big problem with the players and owners bargaining in the same room together, but it sounds like there's a mutual understanding to get an agreement done.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Paul4587

The phrase "cautious optimism" is still being thrown around way too much. I'm still not convinced they're close.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Daly and Fehr gave the closing address at the podium together. Fehr says it was maybe the best day during the process, but there's still a lot of work to do etc etc etc.

Overall, today had the potential to be a big problem with the players and owners bargaining in the same room together, but it sounds like there's a mutual understanding to get an agreement done.
No offense to you, but this is pure madness. It's groundhog day again. Do they really expect anybody to believe this ****?

Closed Thread