Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The League - Hockey is back!

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Both sides are ****ing idiots. Get off your ***** and meet ffs.

Old
12-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Far more worried about Lindholm's concussion than about this BS...

Last edited by Lord Flashheart: 12-26-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old
12-26-2012, 06:36 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Far more woried about Lindholm's concussion than about this BS...
ya. ****.. not good for us at all..

Old
12-28-2012, 10:09 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Sounds like owners made a new proposal last night or early this am. They moved even further towards the players. If the players don't accept the offer, the season is done and the players will look really bad.

I expect Fehr and his minions to reject it just because Fehr wants the lockout. Hopefully I am wrong and they accept and come to a deal.

Old
12-28-2012, 12:28 PM
DarthYenik

We passed the point of, "If they don't accept this proposal the season is done." Right now they're just going through the motions to keep up public relations.

The good news is, if the season does start in Januaury, it'll be during the month that the Ducks have been known to dominate the past couple seasons.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
The good news is, if the season does start in Januaury, it'll be during the month that the Ducks have been known to dominate the past couple seasons.
Or it just means the Ducks' slow start will last the entire season.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Sounds like owners made a new proposal last night or early this am. They moved even further towards the players. If the players don't accept the offer, the season is done and the players will look really bad.

I expect Fehr and his minions to reject it just because Fehr wants the lockout. Hopefully I am wrong and they accept and come to a deal.
It does not work in the Ducks favor that the new offer now allows 6 year contracts to ufas and still only 7 to your own ufas.

But I agree that if the PA rejects this offer the season is finished. And I will put that squarely on the backs of the players.

Old
12-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Eklund was spot on with this

Old
12-28-2012, 04:44 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Or it just means the Ducks' slow start will last the entire season.
Probably that. At least we wont get our hopes up with a late season push.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
Probably that. At least we wont get our hopes up with a late season push.
Trading groans for Jones.

Old
12-28-2012, 07:44 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Standings death means landing Seth!

Old
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I'm very interested to see what this Ducks team could do in a shortened season. I think they'd be a pleasant surprise tbh.

Old
12-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I'm very interested to see what this Ducks team could do in a shortened season. I think they'd be a pleasant surprise tbh.
Really depends on how sharp the players are, I think(and the coaches, for that matter). They could fight for a playoff spot, but I still think they are in a bit of a transition year.

Old
12-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Honestly, looking at the upcoming draft I hope they finish dead last in the NHL. With that roster we wouldn't make an impact in the playoffs anyway, so better get a franchise player. Especially now as we run risk in Lindholm possibly becoming a second Andy McDonald.

Old
12-29-2012, 01:40 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I try to find the silver lining in things like this.

Old
12-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

The Ducks' season (if there is one) will rest largely on (stop me if you have heard this before) the development of the young guys. Can Fowler, Bonino, and Sbisa each step it up a notch? Can Palmieri and/or Holland make a meaningful contribution?

One other wildcard for all teams will be how fit all the vets are when they come back. Not all of them have been playing regular. With a one week training camp, fit vets will be a huge key to a successful shortened season.

Old
12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Honestly, looking at the upcoming draft I hope they finish dead last in the NHL. With that roster we wouldn't make an impact in the playoffs anyway, so better get a franchise player. Especially now as we run risk in Lindholm possibly becoming a second Andy McDonald.
That's a pretty ****** attitude to have. And a good way to guarantee Getzlaf and Perry walk at the end of the season.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:19 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

MAN i can't wait for the season to start, the vultures are already circling the sky for getzlaf and perry

Old
12-30-2012, 02:09 PM
JabbaJabba

I'm hopeful and hoping that the season starts. Would be interesting to see, which AHL players make it and how the team plays overall. I'm hoping that they'll do good so Perry stays for more, he's the one I'm worried about. I don't believe that the money is going to be a problem when Lydman and Koivu get off the books and Selänne sadly aswell. Also I expect Getzlaf's and Perry's salary raises to be reasonable, Selänne should have showed them the meaning of getting paid less to make the team better.

Old
12-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I'm hopeful and hoping that the season starts. Would be interesting to see, which AHL players make it and how the team plays overall. I'm hoping that they'll do good so Perry stays for more, he's the one I'm worried about. I don't believe that the money is going to be a problem when Lydman and Koivu get off the books and Selänne sadly aswell. Also I expect Getzlaf's and Perry's salary raises to be reasonable, Selänne should have showed them the meaning of getting paid less to make the team better.
That's a nice thought but really just another example of why Teemu is universally loved. There just aren't many professional athletes who will do that these days.

Old
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
That's a nice thought but really just another example of why Teemu is universally loved. There just aren't many professional athletes who will do that these days.
I'm still hoping for it to spread.

Old
12-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I haven't really got into all the details of proposals so far, but unless I'm missing something from the events thus far, if NHLPA doesn't accept this offer (or something very similar) it will be, in light of "we can't believe NHL walked away over such small differences", hypocrisy of highest order.

Not that I would expect either of the sides to act in dignified and respectful (towards fans) manner at this point.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
I haven't really got into all the details of proposals so far, but unless I'm missing something from the events thus far, if NHLPA doesn't accept this offer (or something very similar) it will be, in light of "we can't believe NHL walked away over such small differences", hypocrisy of highest order.

Not that I would expect either of the sides to act in dignified and respectful (towards fans) manner at this point.
You're missing a lot in the details. The NHLPA says they are close, but if you look at their last proposal they're worlds apart. NHL wanted 10% (had been 5%) yearly salary variance, NHLPA offered the lowest year at 25% the highest, which was actually a 75% variance - it allows for circumvention contracts over 8 years (Crosby's would still be legal). The NHL wants a 70M cap this year, then 60 next year, the NHLPA want the cap to NEVER go below 67.5M. That's a problem if revenues don't support that high a cap, but escrow would fix it as the players are only supposed to get 50% (or whatever%) of HRR, EXCEPT the NHLPA wants escrow capped at a low %, so it would result in the players getting a MUCH higher % (potentially 60-70% if league revenue tanks after the lockout). The NHLPA wants unlimited buyouts outside the player share of HRR so the teams who overspent this summer can just continue handing out front loaded contracts while the players they already overspent on still get paid and the players as a whole (again) get a higher than 50:50 share. The NHLPA also wants their share to never go under the amount they to last year, regardless of league economics.

Someone on the business boards did the math - the NHLPA offer in a best case scenario drops their % to 56.5% this year, and could take until year 5-6 to actually reach 50:50. And they want a 6 year CBA......

Old
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Thanks for writing that up.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You're missing a lot in the details. The NHLPA says they are close, but if you look at their last proposal they're worlds apart. NHL wanted 10% (had been 5%) yearly salary variance, NHLPA offered the lowest year at 25% the highest, which was actually a 75% variance - it allows for circumvention contracts over 8 years (Crosby's would still be legal). The NHL wants a 70M cap this year, then 60 next year, the NHLPA want the cap to NEVER go below 67.5M. That's a problem if revenues don't support that high a cap, but escrow would fix it as the players are only supposed to get 50% (or whatever%) of HRR, EXCEPT the NHLPA wants escrow capped at a low %, so it would result in the players getting a MUCH higher % (potentially 60-70% if league revenue tanks after the lockout). The NHLPA wants unlimited buyouts outside the player share of HRR so the teams who overspent this summer can just continue handing out front loaded contracts while the players they already overspent on still get paid and the players as a whole (again) get a higher than 50:50 share. The NHLPA also wants their share to never go under the amount they to last year, regardless of league economics.

Someone on the business boards did the math - the NHLPA offer in a best case scenario drops their % to 56.5% this year, and could take until year 5-6 to actually reach 50:50. And they want a 6 year CBA......
If the PA holds to wanting all of that (or even most of that) then they are a lot dumber than I ever thought they were. Most of that is for the benefit the small minority of highly paid players who get the big contracts. It will not benefit the vast majority of players and will potentially continue to hurt the league over all. In the mean time the blue collar guys are losing money they will never see again all to advance Don Fehr's legacy.

As nice as most of the players are, I cannot believe they are that ****ing stupid to follow the pied piper down a rat hole.

Closed Thread