Notices

Around The League - Hockey is back!

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

vCash: 500
Two 3rd liners, prospect and a low 1st rounder for Nash + 3rd rd. pick and an AHL D-man.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
I love how a few of their fans are trying to convince me that they'll contend for the 8th seed. With what lineup?

Dubinsky-Johansen-Dorsett
Umberger-Brassard-Boll
Foligno-Anisimov-Atkinson
Prospal-MacKenzie-Kubalik

Wisniewski-Johnson
Tyutin-Aucoin
Nikitin-Erixon

Mason
Bobrovsky

ok then.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I love how a few of their fans are trying to convince me that they'll contend for the 8th seed. With what lineup?

Umberger-Brassard-Boll

Wisniewski-Johnson
Tyutin-Aucoin
Nikitin-Erixon

Mason
Bobrovsky

ok then.
More like

Umberger - Johansen - Prospal
Dubinsky - Brassard - Foligno
Atkinson - Anisimov - Gillies/Russell
Dorsett - MacKenzie - Boll

Johnson - Tyutin
Wiz - Nikitin
Erixon/Murray - Aucoin

The forwards suck pretty much but that D is decent, if Murray or Erixon pan out it's on par with ours, IMO. Howson should have demanded Stepan though.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
DarthYenik

Wow, that's got to be the last nail in the coffin for Columbus.

I'm just glad LA didn't get Nash.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:01 PM
rollingdux

Good for NY and good for Nash. Finally got what he wanted and I'm excited to see him out of the western conference.

Could this be that final piece NY needs for a cup? Kinda like the Pronger trade for the Ducks?

Old
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Am I the only one who feels Howson should have waited whether Flyers bully their way into signing Weber?

I have a feeling he could have gotten that package at any time.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

If that's all Nash could garner, just wait to see what kind of spare crap Murray is gonna get us for B. Ryan.
Best GM ever!!!!

Old
07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdux View Post
Good for NY and good for Nash. Finally got what he wanted and I'm excited to see him out of the western conference.

Could this be that final piece NY needs for a cup? Kinda like the Pronger trade for the Ducks?
They still needs that one big defenseman.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
teemuselanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Umberger-Brassard-Boll

Wisniewski-Johnson
Tyutin-Aucoin
Nikitin-Erixon

Mason
Bobrovsky

ok then.
My eyes. Good lord that is rough.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Jerky Leclerc

I am shocked howson couldn't get either Kreider, mdz, or Stepan in the deal. Ownership must had forced him to take the best deal on the table. No way I would ever trade Ryan for today package.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 50
So how does Anisimov, Dubinsky, 1st, Erixon compare to the "huge package" supposedly offered at the deadline of JT Miller, Dubinsky, Erixon, Thomas, 1st (presumably 2012)?

Old
07-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

I don't think it's too bad for the BJs, actually. They were in a tough spot. Who knows how many teams Nash actually allowed them to take offers from in the end. Nash hasn't been too great for them, either. Obviously, he'll look better now, but I would not count out the Jackets looking better after this, too. Anisimov is a good young player, Dubinsky is a lot better than he's been this year.

Their lineup is tough to project, with a lot of guys playing on the wing and in center ice, but they won't have Dorsett and Boll in their top-6.

Dubinsky - Brassard - Umberger
Foligno - Anisimov - Johansen
Dorsett - Prospal - Atkinson

Probably not like that, too many question marks and new guys that need to find chemistry somewhere. But never underestimate teams without the one big guy. Dubinsky and Folingo alone are, IMO, pretty good fits for a team in their position. Would not be shocked to see them improved a fair bit.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
I don't think it's too bad for the BJs, actually. They were in a tough spot. Who knows how many teams Nash actually allowed them to take offers from in the end. Nash hasn't been too great for them, either. Obviously, he'll look better now, but I would not count out the Jackets looking better after this, too. Anisimov is a good young player, Dubinsky is a lot better than he's been this year.
Agreed. It's certainly not a great return but it's not as bad as everyone is making out. Nash pretty much had to be moved and him only waiving to go to certain teams didn't help the Jackets either.

Their season now depends on their goaltending, how much Johanssen develops and whether a guy like Dubinsky can have a bounce back year getting top minutes. They're certainly deeper up front but now don't have much in the way of top end talent. I think their defense is pretty good, there are certainly much worse bluelines out there.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Agreed. It's certainly not a great return but it's not as bad as everyone is making out. Nash pretty much had to be moved and him only waiving to go to certain teams didn't help the Jackets either.

Their season now depends on their goaltending, how much Johanssen develops and whether a guy like Dubinsky can have a bounce back year getting top minutes. They're certainly deeper up front but now don't have much in the way of top end talent. I think their defense is pretty good, there are certainly much worse bluelines out there.
I agree. Goaltending's obviously going to be huge for them, again. On offense, I'd mention a guy like Brassard (who's finished the season yet again looking like he finally got it, and they now need some consistency from him, which has been missing so far) maybe even before Johansen, but they'll obviously all have to pick something up. And in that, I feel like Dubinsky and Foligno are pretty good bets to do just that. They just seem like the type of guys you'd want when you don't have a pre-designed go-to guy.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I wonder if Columbus would flip us Dubinsky on the cheap. He was presumably included for cap reasons, and I can't see a non-contender like Columbus needing him. But maybe
they hope he bounces back.

And this is why I didn't want Murray dealing with Sather with regards to any Bobby Ryan deal. Sather never gives up big pieces. Hell, this is the first 1st rounder he's traded away since the Pavel Bure deal. Erixon might be the most valuable piece in many, many years that he's dealt. Glad to see that's not longer an option.

Now the spotlight's on the Pennsylvania teams to make some sort of splash. I'm guessing Pittsburgh really tries to sign Semin now, and one can only hope that Philly fails in their bid to get Weber. Well, not that I want Ryan traded, but if it's going to happen, I'd like Philly to be under the gun as much as possible.

Old
07-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I was actually thinking Brassard may be available with them bringing AA. Probably not but I hope Murray at least checks

Old
07-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Apparently Dreger told TSN radio that the Flyers offered Read, Meszaros, 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Shea Weber before they sent offer sheet. Makes me think they possibly wanted Ryan for even less than that.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Apparently Dreger told TSN radio that the Flyers offered Read, Meszaros, 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Shea Weber before they sent offer sheet. Makes me think they possibly wanted Ryan for even less than that.
No wonder Nashville didn't bite. I'd rather have the 4 1sts.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Gibson Les Palms

Read, Gus, and a 1st was what they were trying to lowball Murray with IMO.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
rollingdux

If those packages that have been rumored were enough for Murray he would have pulled the trigger already. If PHI/BOS/PIT are still offering the same deals then Murray will not (should not) make the trade. He's not in a position where he must move Ryan.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Theridion

There are deals, and then there are deals. Poor cbj. Regardless of value, its just gotta be the worst fan feeling watching the star leave. Very much like the dark days of trading selanne and kariya walking.

Is it just me, or are the nyr where stars go to die? That's just been my impression for the last 15 years or so.

Somehow I hope this favors the ducks. Maybe ny will empty the farm for bobby now. Stack their team.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Paul4587

NYR definitely was the place stars went to die. Lindros, Bure, Holik, Drury, Redden amongst others.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Maybe, but in Weber's case, they obviously had a chance to get it done a different way, which is not there for Ryan. I don't think they'll give in to our demands for Ryan, though.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Gibson Les Palms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Maybe, but in Weber's case, they obviously had a chance to get it done a different way, which is not there for Ryan. I don't think they'll give in to our demands for Ryan, though.
I'm not sure about that. The Preds wanted Schenn/Couts and the Flyers turned that down like they did with Ryan.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I'm not sure about that. The Preds wanted Schenn/Couts and the Flyers turned that down like they did with Ryan.
Huh? I meant, with Weber, there was no need for them to give into the Preds' demands with the possibility of an offer sheet still out there to make it happen. If they want Ryan, there's no way around things. But yeah, as I said, I don't see them changing their mind on that.

Closed Thread