HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Zach Parise Appreciation Thread--Let's thank him

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
StaggerLee

vCash: 500
Most of the reactions on this board are embarrassing. Grow the f up guys.

He wanted to go home. End of story. Thanks Zach for your service and best of luck.

Life goes on......

Old
07-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Fayne Staley
Devils drafting sux

And the mentioning of Kovy's contract, well in 2010 there was something called the Olympic games, I bet this planning **** started around that time

Old
07-04-2012, 05:54 PM
StrongIslanders90

Isles fan here, Just wondering what the offer was that Nj made to him.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post

He wanted to go home. End of story. Thanks Zach for your service and best of luck.

Life goes on......

Old
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou4Prez View Post
I rarely post, but obviously I believe this is something that needs to be said. I don't understand all of this hate for Zach. We should be thanking him and wishing him well. Zach has always handled himself with class both on and off the ice. We loved him not just for his on-ice production, but also for his leadership and tireless work ethic. He always gave everything he had. It's those qualities that make him great and made him a fan favorite, and it's those qualities that earned him his $98 million payday.

Let's remember...according to Zach and Lou...the Wild were the only team he would've left us for...we were in it till the end...but ultimately the pull of playing close to home with one of his oldest friends was too much to pass up.

Remember, he's getting married in a few days. He's settling down and starting a family. When he has kids, one would think he'd like to live near his parents and his in-laws so his kids could be close to their grandparents. There's not many hockey players who get a chance to lock up the next 13 years of their life where they grew up and where their extended family live...it's tough to compete with that. Zach has always stayed close to Minnesota...he's gone back home for every offseason. He even just finished building a house there. So this shouldn't surprise us.

I believe Zach when he says he's "loyal." Neidermayer never was and never showed us a whole lot of loyalty when he left. We offered him more money than Anaheim but Scott was set on leaving as soon as he could. He had had bitter negotiations with Lou (he once held out) and never got the kind of freedom on the ice he would have enjoyed elsewhere...and of course he hated playing against his brother and living across the continent from his family. I always felt like Brian Rafalski was loyal even though he left...but he chose to play close to home for the some of the same reasons. I think this is more similar to that. And please don't let us compare this to Gomez. Like Neidermayer, he was gone as soon as July 1st came, and he ultimately left for the money. I will never forget him trying to explain why he signed with our biggest rival. "I love living in NY" or something to that effect...as if he couldn't have stayed and lived in NYC. When Zach was asked about going to the Rangers, he said "No" and apparently he meant it...because if he hadn't I believe the Rangers would have been bidding for him with everyone else. If he was staying on the East Coast it would have been to play for us.

Lou is the one who should be blamed here...and maybe Jeff Vanderbeek as well. As TG tweeted, losing Zach began when we signed Kovalchuk...at the time, we were close enough to the cap that we couldn't afford to lock up Zach and sign Kovalchuk in the same offseason. Of course the fact that the summer of Kovalchuk dragged on for as long as it did didn't help matters either. But it became clear that the team's priority was signing Ilya to a long term deal and not Zach. If Lou had offered him a long term deal two years ago he likely would still be a Devil. Maybe Kovie wouldn't, but I'm not sure we were ever going to be able to have both on this team over the long haul anyway.

I truly don't feel abandoned by Zach...if this were an easy decision for him, he would have made it on 7/1 or the morning of 7/2, but it wasn't. It took him a long time to be able to say "goodbye" to us. We just have to say "thank you" back. And come 11/11, I plan on doing just that.

keep it up

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou4Prez View Post
Now is definitely the time for this thread...I am as depressed and angry as everyone else...but he didn't spurn us...he left us for valid reasons. This isn't Gomez. This isn't Holik. This isn't even Neidermayer. He left for another conference to play close to home. There is too much hate being flung his way right now...and he doesn't deserve any of it.
If you hadn't signed up 6 years I would think this was trolling. You clearly can't see that this was all pre meditated? Zach knew he was leaving, and going to play with Suter. Now I don't know who started this out of the two of them, but he knew this a while ago.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
NjDevs4994
Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
"competitive "

Old
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Alcohol.

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I sincerely appreciate him for the 7 years he fought hard for us. That said he still betrayed us.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

At least Holik, Gomez and Niedermeyer won some Cups here with us. I'm still trying to remember the signature goal/moment/game from Parise's tenure. You know, that time he carried the team on his back to win a big game, or that big OT winner. Can't really think of one. My overall impression of his time here has been some decent regular seasons and lackluster playoff performances (I'm talking individually here). And as time passes, those impressions will get even more vague. Years from now I'll probably remember him as just a pretty good player we had during the down years between Cups 3 and 4. Not much of a legacy really.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Devilswede

**** this thread! **** Zach Parise that ****ing fraud!!

I wish him nothing but misery in his career with the Wild!!!

Old
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Not sure. It was never disclosed. Only thing was that it was a ''Very competitive offer''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post

Life goes on......
What's with all these posters who have like 10 posts over years worth of time coming out of the woodwork to praise Parise?

Old
MadDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
**** this thread! **** Zach Parise that ****ing fraud!!

I wish him nothing but misery in his career with the Wild!!!
How do you really feel about it?

Old
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

At least there's one less number to retire of Muttley's sake...

15 years from now...

3 4 27 30 26 17

Old
07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
The 29th Pick
By By Bernier

no comment
( I almost got an infraction yesterday during that "Semin" stuff)

Old
07-04-2012, 06:00 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Zach never took a shift off. He was a quality guy off the ice. Can't really say a bad thing about him. When a 100 million dollar contract emerges in your own backyard, you take it. It's that simple.
Then he should shut his yap about wanting to be apart of a contending team cause last time I checked, the Wild didn't contend for anything other then lottery picks.

Leaving the team for whatever reason is a personnal decision no one can take away from him but letting on a fanbase that cheered for him is a dick thing to do, even if I never believed a word that came out of his mouth since day #1.

The fact that he goes on about loyalty afterwards is another jab that has most of this fanbase scratching their heads. Why say such a thing when you've been apart of the team for a full hour when we groomed him to be the player he is today for 9+ years.

Again, it's not his decision that has most of us fuming, it's all the BS he said before, during and after the signing. That's the real issue IMO but I'm speaking for myself and not everyone, so I might be wrong.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Hope Cam Janssen "thanks" Parise with his fists...

Old
07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
guitarguyvic

He opted to take a one year contract last year. He admits to being in contact with his girlfriend Ryan Suter throughout the season about playing on the same team. He opts to hit free agency and then leaves the team just weeks after leading them to the Cup Final while every other FA teammate (with the exception of our least productive forward) re-signs. (Some of which he became close friends with and went to battle with to make it to the Cup Final). He had the opportunity to repay the organization that traded up to draft him; the organization that made him the Captain; the organization that hired a coach and system tailored to his playing style; the organization that has missed the playoffs just three times in 20 years and has 3 Cups and 5 Finals appearances during that time; the organization that he has spent the last 9 years with in a place that he has called home during that entire time. He chose money, being close to Daddy, and Ryan Suter over all this.

I appreciate what he brought to the team during his time here; but I don't owe him any more thanks than he has shown to us during this process.

Last edited by guitarguyvic: 07-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old
KohoDonuts88

Parise was a good Devil. Not a great Devil. End of the day, he didn't want to be a Devil anymore. 2nd choice, or 30th choice, doesn't matter. Thanks for your time, and goodbye. I'll think of Zach Parise like I think of Scott Gomez (who at least contributed to 2 Cups), Paul Martin and any others who didn't want to stay. Which is to say, I don't think of them at all. Zach Parise did not contribute enough in the big picture to be worth hating. He's just another player in a long line that come and go.

Old
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Let this wound scab. Then I'll talk.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:03 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
**** him
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARGSY View Post
no comment
( I almost got an infraction yesterday during that "Semin" stuff)
That is messed up

Old
elias026

Ill give him this he always gave it 100% effort, do you pay 7.5 mil for effort hell no.

He isnt a player you build a team around, he wont carry a team.
Your no longer a devil so today you become an enemy, **** off Zach

Old
EnglishDevil

I only want players that want to be part of our team. He wasn't worthy of being our captain.

That said, he earned his right to test FA; although it's still a spit in the face to our organization after we made him our leader.

I won't miss him, he wasn't worth that kind of money anyway; he gave the team his years of service but he'll never be one of the memorable Devils. He could have been, he chose not to be. I appreciate the years he gave us, i don't appreciate the disingenuous nonsense he fed us about wanting to stay.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Lou4Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
If you hadn't signed up 6 years I would think this was trolling. You clearly can't see that this was all pre meditated? Zach knew he was leaving, and going to play with Suter. Now I don't know who started this out of the two of them, but he knew this a while ago.
Doubt it...if that were the case it wouldn't have taken so long and he wouldn't have been talking to Lou for as long as he was...Suter was never coming here. I think it was something in the back of their minds but I don't think it was the driving force for either of them. But none of us know for sure.

And no, I'm no troll...just a lurker.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:04 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Thank him for what?

Closed Thread